Re:Post any Inbetween Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by sweetpops58 on Sep 1, 12 6:35 AM
Really frustrating, getting access violation message and have tried to resolve this issue using technical advice in this post, ie, updating drivers, changing resolution and so forth. Looks an excellent game which is disappointing not to have this problem resolved. Going to ask tech support now.

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Sep 1, 12 10:27 PM
New Problem! Almost to the end, but after doing the puzzle where you catch a given number of funny little microbes in the lake water under the microscope, I wasn't given the emerald, amber, and crimson vials to put in the jellyfish tank. There is just a blank area of red damask cloth to the left of the clear microscope lens. I did receive the Biologist Achievement, so I did complete the puzzle. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It saved my place in the game, but still no vials.I'm so close to the end! Help!
And thank you!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 12 1:30 AM
Heya Fishies,

As bfgBaikal mentioned, we definitely would like to solve all these problems for you guys.

sweetpops58 - Thanks for sending this on to our Tech Support. They'll be more than happy to have a look at that for you!

WestElkTinker - It sounds like you have tried quite a bit of troubleshooting already. I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Technical Support as well.

To get help faster it would be great if you could also include a Dr. Felix report with your message. This way ouch tecchies will have all information right away.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Wivey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Wivey on Sep 2, 12 1:54 PM
I got the microbes but instead of doing green I accidently picked the yellow to put in with the jellyfish. Now I am stuck and don't know how to empty the yellow so that I can put the green in.
Do I have to start the game over again or is there a way to go back.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 2, 12 11:03 PM
Wivey wrote:I got the microbes but instead of doing green I accidently picked the yellow to put in with the jellyfish. Now I am stuck and don't know how to empty the yellow so that I can put the green in.
Do I have to start the game over again or is there a way to go back.
Just use the vial on the correct bulb in the chemist setup. And you'll get an empty vial. The order doesn't matter in this case. But first you must find all the bulbs and put them into place.

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Sep 8, 12 8:46 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled and still get access violation notice. Hope the game gets fixed soon because this new patch didn't work

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Sep 8, 12 7:34 PM
This game would be great if i could play it. I've gone thru every possible, & some improbable, methods of troubleshooting (& trust me, i've got some experience in that arena after a debacle with another recent game), to no avail. First time around i had a freeze (can't recall the exact place). Trashed it & re dl'd & it was ok. Then i got nailed at the fountain puzzle, where the puzzle went blank, cursor floated in & out... I backed out & went back into it a couple times, didn't work, & wouldn't let me skip, so i trashed & re dl'd again, & skipped it without attempting the puzzle. Just now i was at the lake trekking around & everything just froze & went blank, & wouldn't let me out. Then the game went into a smaller window, spit out a nasty violation, sent my comp into a tizzy & scared the heck outta me. When my desktop started to materialize it showed something close to a nuclear meltdown sign. omg, this game is NOT ready for primetime, folks. I would be loving it for many reasons, but it just won't let me . I came to this forum for the 3rd time now, & see that there was a re-release, but this occurred AFTER my last dl of the game, so i'm goin' out on a limb & saying the "patch" isn't gonna make this game fly. i'm not trying it again after practically having to use a biohazard suit to get out of it, unless there's a real fix in a short time. Otherwise im gonna take the loss of the game & get a refund. This was a huge pain! grrrr

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 9:49:43 PM PST

[Post New]by daemonchild on Sep 9, 12 4:16 PM
I have a problem with the puzzle for the right hand door in the temple. I can't leave the puzzle. I first solved the puzzle on my own but when I tried to zoom out to move through the door I couldn't. I had to start anew, this time I used the skip button, same result... I'm stuck.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Sep 9, 12 6:13 PM
I had the same problem as Housebound. I couldn't play the game as the curser was shaking all over the place. Couldn't even click on the exit.

Very very disappointing as everything has been updated and was looking forward to this game.
After my experiences (horrid) with the game "Grim Tales" the Wishes and now this.
I'm sick of having to install reinstall....etc. etc. etc.

I rarely complain regarding games but am so frustrated and annoyed, I had to complain today!
I'm really getting sick of the technical issues!!! And to contact CS , wait for a reply etc. etc. Too much , and too inconvenient. I almost bought this game with demoing it as I knew it was the type of game I would really enjoy.
Fanagling with this , that and other things takes the enjoyment and desire to play the games away.
I'll just uninstall.

wyldrkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wyldrkat on Sep 10, 12 12:04 PM
Hi! My problem seems to be a bit different than what others are talking about (I think). While playing the game stalled and froze but I could still see my PC mouse pointer moving about the screen when I moved my mouse. So, I did a ctrl alt delete to bring up Task Manager. When I did that, I saw the message box that said to insert the disk for Inbetween Land!?! But, I couldn't cancel out of it, still had to end task instead. So, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and for good measure opened a new game under a different name. Got to the same point in the game without any problem this time. However, shut the game down shortly after that and just tried to open it again. When I opened it went through the various big fish games screens etc., got to the "loading" screen and stalled out again. Once more I went to Task Manager and found the "insert disk" message. I am not re-installing again!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 10, 12 3:58 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues with this game!

First, we did just release an updated version that was to address many of the issues customers were seeing. You can read more about how to get the new version in our post here.

If you have the latest version and are still running into trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to make sure all the old game files have been completely removed, in case they were interfering with the update. And if there are more issues with the game, the information they can collect from you will really help us continue to get them addressed ASAP.

You can read more about how to get in touch with Tech Support and send in that information in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Sep 11, 12 1:21 PM
I have also the problem with the mini game at the fountain. After I match one symbol from the outer ring with the symbol from the other rings, all rings but the outer and the inserted stone disk vanished and I have to skip the puzzle. I didn't have this problem in the demo with the old version. I solved the puzzle at the right door with the blocks in the hall, got the achievement "tag-master", all blocks vanished and I can do nothing. I have to leave the game and go to the game manager and start the game. Then the blocks are there and I can open the door. After solving the puzzle in the library I don't get the key until I leave the game and return to it. Then the key is there.
I have the new version, I have uninstalled and installed 2 times, I created a new profile. My system is windows 7, 64 bit.
I will contact customer service.

[Post New]by elaineantique on Sep 11, 12 2:45 PM
I also an having a problem with every mini game I sole them and have to exit the game to be able to move on to the next part. I am very disappointed with the game and wish I had not bought it now> I stopped buying for a while because of problems with game I guess I didn't wait long enough

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Sep 12, 12 5:24 AM
i bought the game. getting into it until the curser freezes up all the time .takes forever to get to next scene.i gave up and decided to wait til bf fixes hopefully. please? i have windows vista. tried both cursers too. nothing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 12 8:43 AM
daemonchild wrote:I have a problem with the puzzle for the right hand door in the temple. I can't leave the puzzle. I first solved the puzzle on my own but when I tried to zoom out to move through the door I couldn't. I had to start anew, this time I used the skip button, same result... I'm stuck.

I have the exact same problem. I skipped the puzzle, and now I am faced with a large squarre which has 16 small squares, some with symbols, and although the HINT tells me what to do next, I can't do it, because there is no arrow showing me the way out of this puzzle. In fact, the cursor flickers and then disappears when I keep it on the playing field until I move it again.

And just wanted to add that I actually installed the new version today, but continued with my profile. Maybe I should have started a new profile?

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 8:45:08 AM PST

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Sep 12, 12 8:51 AM
Hi Valdy,

I have the same problem, look at my post at the same page (3 post above your post). I left the game and went to the game manager. Then I got back to the game and I had the blocks and could open the door and could continue the game.
I have the new version and I have created a new profile.

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 8:52:02 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 12 9:59 AM
Thanks for the info, Ayla.

Just started the game again with a new profile - got there quicker this time round.
And lo and behold, this time when I skipped the puzzle, and then pressed that button that appeared, I was automatically transferred back to the hall. So that worked out well. Seems I wasn't able to continue the "new" version with my old saved file.

However, in this version, when I had to add the gear to the elevator at the left, and I went in and pressed the red button, everything turned white, and froze. So I exited with my Task Manager, and went back in again, and this time it was OK.

This didn't happen to me in the old version. LOL Never mind, I am there now. *phew*

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 12 11:07 AM
OK, I have finished the game now, but there was one more glitch I encountered. It was when I was feeding that Jellyfish the first bacteria. I got the venom, and when it went into my inventory, everything slowed down, and all the items in my inventory and everywhere else on the scene went invisible. I went out of the game (via Task Manager again, because it didn't work the normal way) and when I came back in, everything was back to normal.

I really liked this game, but it still had glitches.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Sep 13, 12 7:34 AM
already bought the game and very slow getting to one scene to the next. very irritating

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Sep 13, 12 11:32 AM
I changed the cursor to the system cursor and now I can play the mini games without problems.

Go to: