Reviews for Inbetween Land

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inbetween Land

[Post New]by psylocibin on Aug 28, 12 7:17 PM
someone said this was dark and grey and it is anything but. It is lush and beautiful a combo of sci fi and fairyland with art nouveau paisley and gothic design thrown in. I only did an hour trial and was very impressed with its beauty, frustrated at the difficulty of getting the tiles to slide in the first puzzle, but definitely thought it a buy; however, reading the reviews I am a bit dismayed to hear it is short.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Aug 29, 12 1:25 PM
This is a really well done game. Very interesting, good puzzles. I don't usually like FROGs much but there were so few of them, didn't mind. What I DID mind was how short it is. I only skipped one puzzle and still finished in 1 3/4 hours. Makes you feel like you got short changed and since I'm on a tight budget.... well, should have checked the walk thru before buying, I guess.
Fishes; be warned. This is a REALLY short game even as good as it is.
Didn't mind that there was no map. It was straight forward enough, didn't get lost.

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Too short, too predictable

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Aug 29, 12 2:04 PM
I loved the graphics, but kept waiting for the plot to start so I could get into the meat of the game. But what happened? The game ended! I finished this in just over 90 minutes. Total rip-off.
Shame shame BF.
(loved the FROG though - we don't get enough of those).
So summary - too short, too easy and too banal. But nice graphics and FROGs.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 1, 12 5:17 PM
textrekkie wrote:Wow - what a great game. The story was unique, the graphics were great, the gameplay was very smooth (with the exception of the slider puzzler - and if you held the left mouse button down and then moved the mouse on the mouse pad, it worked fine, but granted, it was different from how you typically have to move blocks on sliders), the puzzles were delightful and only a couple were really difficult. I think the developer did a great job and this game is a definite gem.

I want to add that there are no occult/demonic/witchy things happening in the game. It is very science oriented.

The game took me 3.75 hours playing in expert mode using no hints and no skips (which is a better time than I get from most CEs). And yes, I got all the achievements.

I very much agree with the above. I too played with no hints, no skips, and no peeking at walkthroughs and I finished in about 3 hrs and 20 minutes. I read the journal. I watched the cut scenes and and ambled along enjoying the very nice graphics. I had a lot of fun with it and am not disappointed with the length. It all depends on your gaming style as to how short it will be.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 3, 12 12:09 PM
Although a short game, it had good adventure to it, a nice story and just the right amount of puzzles. The graphics were very clear and bright; no dreary scenes. There were some fragmented items to find and items to pickup along the way.

One thing that was very nice about this game, is that you did not have to wear your sneakers out, walking all over the place and visiting the same scenes over-and-over.

Look forward to more from this Developer.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 12:10:06 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 13, 12 5:13 PM
Valdy wrote:Morning, all...

Well, what a nice surprise: An iFROG for today, and it's not a CE.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is Stretch Screen.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is a NOTEPAD at the bottom left.

The MENU button is at the top left.

The TASK tab is at the top right.

The HINT button is at the bottom right.

The HINT button, which only takes about 30 seconds to refill in Easy mode, also works in the main scenes, and tells you exactly what to do next.

Puzzles are not too difficult, and there are more of them than there are HOS.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button only takes about 40 seconds to fill in Easy mode.

There is a list of ACHIEVEMENTS.

There is no MAP.

Some items in the INVENTORY can be combined. A + sign will be next to the objects you can combine.

The HOS are iFROGs (interactive fragmented hidden object scenes.

--- --- ---

The graphics are sometimes better and sometimes worse - it has a feel as if 2 different designers have worked on the game.

The story is interesting, and although I wasn't overly excited about the game, I enjoyed it enough to buy the game.

I finally know what kind this is called, Thanks - I love IFROG's.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Sep 15, 12 7:33 PM
That was fun, but brief - played the demo, used a coupon code, blinked, and missed it as they say. I've only ever played one shorter BF game than this! However the graphics were very pleasant and I did enjoy the IFROGs as others have labelled this kind of game. A nice break from lists of random junk!

The story was mildly amusing with static characters and no character development at all. The scenes were quite lovely and were worth taking a closer look at with lots of atmospheric detail and colour. Music was familiar and repetitive but I did appreciate the sound effects - in some of the mini games there was a sound indicating a correct match or move, and that was different from other games.

The mini puzzles were very pretty and I actually did a few, although there were many slider puzzles which I really hate. The skip button is my friend.

In the end (which I skipped through since I don't like cartoons) the game was worth a free coupon. Another hour of game play would have been nice though.

kavestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kavestar on Sep 25, 12 3:38 PM
I can not say how much this game is not good....no value for money - I purchased thinking it would be similar to the Awakening serise which are long and generally good value for money this unfortunately is not.

sorry

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Sep 27, 12 1:13 PM
Well, I was disappointed in this game. I had played the demo trial, & enjoyed it, but when I purchased it, & played the rest of the game, it just went flat. A very disappointing ending, & it was very lame. Don't know about anybody else, but I was sorry that I purchased it!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 28, 12 3:30 PM
Too many bugs in this game. I have had to start and stop so many times that I am getting tired of playing this game. Don't know the problem as I have no other problems with the other games.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 30, 12 8:56 AM
I enjoyed this game, it made a nice change from those very long (and sometimes very tedious) adventure/hidden object games.

The graphics were nice and clear, no junk piles to sort through, and the interactive parts were just right. And there was no dashing miles and miles, going backwards and forwards, - what a relief for my poor tired old feet.

Puzzles were acceptable - although they are not my favourite things.

Story line was okay, and so was the ending. The devs managed not to overcomplicate it just to make it a longer game, that's a good thing.

Overall.... 9 out of 10.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 17, 12 7:04 AM
very nice game but very short

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 22, 12 11:51 AM
Unfortunately this is quite a short game, but enjoyed every minute. Cartoon characters, but the graphics were great. Actually left the voice-overs on as they were pleasant as was the music and sound effects. FROGs were a lot of fun. You collected parts and then had to put them together get continue to collect the inventory item.

Mini games could be anything from difficult, to easy to tedious. SKIP button recharged quickly so you could skip the ones you couldn't do...which I did quite a bit. Had some difficulty with the first slider game, couldn't get the blocks to move, finally was able to complete it with difficulty but that was the only glich I ran into.

Fun things to do. You earned "achievements" (always think that is so funny). Too bad it was so short, but worth a credit or a DD...I would have been upset if I had paid full price though.

Entertaining story, different. A pleasant break from the dark, sinister games that I love so well. Because of the shortness of the game I can only give this a 3.5 , otherwise it would have been a 4.5 An enjoyable game to play if you just want a short fun time.

Edited on 10/22/2012 at 11:53:55 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Sep 6, 13 1:06 PM
Guess it is a bit late to post this, but bought this game as a DD ...just wanted to tell the devs it is one of the better games I have played ... not too may HOGS and they were interesting and a little different, mini games were fun and more challenging than the latest games I have played going to search for more games by this developer thanks guys fun game !!

Go to: