LisaP49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LisaP49 on Sep 2, 12 4:38 PM
For anyone that doesn't get the heart you have to go to the observatory and do the sun mini-game and then go back and the heart will show.

For those of you who are at the end you put the jar of mystic on the left altar and you don't place the book anywhere.If you have completed everything and have all the pages then a cut scene will pop up and the a big bird will bring your daughter down and lay her on the altar. Hope this helps I had the same problem but I didn't do 1 thing.Once done everything completed.Thanks for all your help when I get stuck.

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kweenink on Sep 2, 12 8:00 PM
After being ejected from the game three times, I deleted and reinstalled. After the 6th time being thrown I out, I gave up.
I assumed the game did not want me to play it! Never crashed or froze just threw me out and thanked me for playing.....again!!
Too bad...it seemed like a good game, nice graphics and cool monsters to slay, but I couldn't even get past the generator.
Definately would have been a CE buy with the holiday sale, but not if it won't work.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 2, 12 8:16 PM
sheilafaye wrote:Count me among those who get to the end of the game, with all tasks complete, including 24 pages of the book and all of the mystic lights and no way to place the book on the altar!

So, impossible to play the bonus game. I tried uninstall, reinstall and still no luck. I do NOT wish to play again under another player, just to play the bonus or find this happens yet again [worst case].

I feel strongly that, if we cannot access the bonus content, this game is NOT a CE and does not justify the CE price. I know BF wants to fix this. If anyone finds out what the fix is, please post in this blog.

Thx,
Sheila

Hi sheilafaye and others with the issue of the non-ending to the game with the witch's book... Although you may have page number 24 in your witch's book, you may still be missing a page. The pages are numbered individually and you may not find them in numerical order. Check EACH page to see if one is missing.

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 8:17:56 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 3, 12 4:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

We can definitely understand your frustration, it's never nice to have problems with a game, especially when you have been looking forward to playing it.

If you haven't tried them yet, you could always have a look at the tips that have been posted in this thread. If you find that they don't work I'd recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support, they'll definitely be there for you to solve your problem.

To get help faster it would be great if you could include a Dr. Felix diagnostic report with your message. This way our support will have all necessary information right away.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 3, 12 2:03 PM
the game keeps closing down on me and I keep ending up on the big fish page which says thanks for playing this game, all Im doing is clicking either down or to go to the side, so far its happened three times so Im giving up for tonight and will try again tomorrow

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 3, 12 3:45 PM
Hi geri_mac,

If your game is opening and then shutting immediately, then I would try a couple of things. First I would just try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that.

Another thing that can clear this up is to run the game in administrator mode. If you click the link below, it will take you to more information on how to do this:

Run Game as Administrator

As we've found they can help in these situations. However, if your game keeps closing down even after trying these steps, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and on of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 4, 12 8:41 AM
thanks cimarron am reinstalling at the moment, and thanks for replying

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 8:42:06 AM PST

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Sep 4, 12 10:45 AM
thank you tquinlivan . I have the the same problem as Bella and grandmaquacky

now I know what to do, it was very disheartening to think I couldn't finish a game I was enjoying. thanks again

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Sep 4, 12 12:53 PM
Same here folks. Only got to page 10 of guide.....followed having problems the first time round... accessed again under a different player name......no change.

BF, I think there is enough evidence that this game has way too many bugs..in different places I grant you, which tells me it needs fixing.
Going to re-install (as if it didn't take long enough the first time) and see what happens.

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Sep 5, 12 12:23 AM
i played the game with no problems till the end of the main story.as the girl walks towards her mother after being saved .the screen froze and that was that.i cant access the extras because i havent finished the game.there is a bonus content but i cant play it. what a pest.not very fair when you have paid for a ce and only get the ordinary game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 5, 12 4:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

I completely understand why you would be frustrated if you are unable to access some of the bonus content that comes with this CE. I would feel the same way.

If you have tried all the advice already offered, I would encourage you to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Not only will this allow us to provide help for you specific situation and to resolve this in some way for you, but it will also help us to track issues with the game.

Thank you and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 8, 12 2:10 AM
good morning. or goodnight. i have had another ejection from the island of and possibly have had my screen name identity stolen. 2 time, different game. nearly to the end of the bonus section, was on my way to the spoiler observatory and had to leave the game for a few hours. When i came back, my name was gone and so was my progress. It's very odd, and even worse, it's not the first time. very

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 8, 12 6:13 PM
Wil jul. and lisa P.Thank you so much for heads up about tv monitor.. I was going crazy trying to read SG and retracing my steps to see what I had missed. Forgot that I had seen the arrows earlier. Senior moments don't help.

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 6:16:59 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 10, 12 3:01 PM
Hi lvfao,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game losing your profile and progress!

Since it sounds like this sort of thing has happened before, it could help to try running your games in Administrator Mode, as that will ensure that they have all the permissions they need to run properly and create good saved data files. You can read about how to make that adjustment here.

If you'd like our Tech Support team to take a look at things and work with you directly to troubleshoot this issue, they'd be happy to do so as well! You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Sep 12, 12 4:21 PM
I played the trial, then bought the game. Download seemed ok but when I click on the desktop short cut it sends me to my games manager, which will not open the game. I get a sound which suggest the game will open, a couple of circles, then a bell sound, but no game.
I have uninstalled and re installed. I would like a credit if you cannot give an easy solution. I am not very confident in checking systems etc.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 12 4:19 AM
Hi gullbra,

This is definitely something that our Tech Support Team can help you with.

Sometimes, the save data from the trial version of the game can prevent the full game from playing.

To get advice specific to your system, you can contact Support by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

help

[Post New]by rose_b5 on Sep 14, 12 7:35 PM
Ok, I can't find the elevator key in the water tower either...am I missing something? i have gone through all the screens and there is no hints to take? So what's the deal?

yodelrags
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by yodelrags on Sep 15, 12 11:17 PM
Bonus chapter. The mold for the coins is not there. Can not go any further. Good game, but I paid for a CE for the bonus chapter. Want a refund.

Well, nothing wrong with the game. had to play further in the game to get the mold. SG was misleading about when to use it. Off to play again.

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 2:03:02 PM PST

Fey1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Fey1 on Sep 23, 12 8:17 AM
I am trying to get across the river of the dead in the bonus game. I don't have a light and can't find one anywhere.

Fey1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Fey1 on Sep 23, 12 10:42 AM
Never mind.

Go to: