Re:Comments for Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition

[Post New]by luvscandles on Aug 30, 12 6:48 AM
Wow.......silly me ~ I should have read all of this page before buying I'm an ERS fan ~ of their HOGs, not HOS. Was mislead by the demo and description, but too late now., as it's loading . Guess I'll get thru this one, too. At least there are the great graphics to enjoy.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 30, 12 6:49 AM
Good morning all

Like it was mentioned, it's a nice break from the H0G/IH0G. I love a good adventure game now and then and this one fits the billet perfectly. The actors done an excellent job, but then at some points was the actors real or Memorex? Anyhoo they did look and sound real to me. The graphics are awesome, but this is eee are esss and they have top of the line artists anyway. And a big Kudos to them. I am truly loving the story so far, and just wondering around and checking things out as I go. This was an instantaneous buy for me, and me personally I would love to see more of these, especially by eee are esss. Thanks again devs and BF for a superb game.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 30, 12 7:07 AM
gillydi53 wrote:I dont like anything about this game (and no I'm not worried about the occult or anything a game is just a game ) which is a shame as I was hoping to fill my punch card today . There was a time when I was spoilt for choice with the games that were offered but now I struggle to find any in the whole month . Even the daily deals are now mostly games which I already own

I couldn't agree more! I have an unfulfilled punch card and can't see anything this month that would fill it. What is going on? I guess I'll have to go back and find some of the ones I already have that I enjoyed and replay them.

Oh where, oh where have the good games gone? Oh where, oh where can they be? With their shirts tucked short and their legs so long. Oh where, oh where can they be??????????

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 30, 12 7:08 AM
Thank you so much gmac 1007 for your comments on this game.You could not have said it better and I for one am so glad to see a true adventure come along without a bunch of hos getting in the way. Good work Devs and Thanks Big Fish for bringing it to us to enjoy!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 7:12 AM
anyone able to finish?

end game,, guide says place magic energy on alter,,,,i did,,,only thing left in inventory is spear of dawn,,

after placing magic energy, according to guide supposed to be a cutscene,,,,,there is not.......anyone else

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 7:31 AM
i gotta say,,,ers,s hint system sucks.....point me in the right direction...dont just say "nothing to do here now......."

does anyone know where the witches book is,,,stratagy guide does not mention it, nor does the hint,,,,,but the map says put the witches book on the pedastal...only witches book i know of is the one you find pages for during the game,,,,and clicking on that with the pedastal in close up, or not, just opens the book....

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 30, 12 7:48 AM
Sorry bella - I just did the demo - and that only took me 35 minutes playing in the hardest mode.

I'm not going any further, even if it is on sale.

For the people who purchased with the belief it was an iHOG - contact CS and request a refund.

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 7:50:18 AM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 30, 12 7:59 AM
I love great graphics (which this game has) but it's not a HOPA. I really want hints and skips that fill faster than these (most especially in the easiest mode) and I've had more than enough of this particular story line. BUT the rel deal breaker for me was that the video wouldn't play. The BFG logo comes on, the bar and pointer advance across the screen but all I see is Felix. If the video has glitches what does this say about the game?

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Aug 30, 12 7:59 AM
A game with no or very few HOS is an instant buy for me! I played about 10 minutes and then hit buy!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 30, 12 8:09 AM
I am one who loved Penumbra Motel but I don't care for this game even though it has no Hos or few Hos, which I usually like. (said "sotto voce" so as not to upset too many fishies) I don't care for the graphics and the storyline at all. Eee Are Ess 's last game, Redemption Cemetery Grave testimony, was much better IMO.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 30, 12 8:36 AM
I'm just starting the game now, but I had to giggle. So, we're in South England and an American School Bus has just dropped the mother and daughter off at the school.

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Aug 30, 12 8:39 AM
Tried the demo, will probably buy. Does it remind anyone else of Redrum ?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 8:51 AM
might want to hold off on buying,till more weigh in on if they finished it,
,seems to have a game ending glitch at almost the end

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 30, 12 9:12 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:I'm just starting the game now, but I had to giggle. So, we're in South England and an American School Bus has just dropped the mother and daughter off at the school.

An American school bus in England AND it was driving on the right-hand side. *sigh*

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 30, 12 9:24 AM
WOW what a surprise today after 15 minutes i bought the game and got the game for 9.99 thx DEV's and thx for all your hard work and time on this game the game has awesome graphics and sounds tyty..Thx BF for the surprise today..This game is excellent..

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 30, 12 10:05 AM
Valdy wrote:
Tiger2010 wrote:I'm just starting the game now, but I had to giggle. So, we're in South England and an American School Bus has just dropped the mother and daughter off at the school.

An American school bus in England AND it was driving on the right-hand side. *sigh*

Well -- nothing in this game makes "sense" in any traditional way. Why were mother and teen age daughter picked up by an empty school bus? Who doesn't do enough research to find out the school has been closed for 40 years? Perhaps Mom Googled "high schools in England" and selected an old link?

This game is just some dark, fantastical creation I doubt will make much "traditional" sense when it ends. I'm still curious enough to take the ride.

BTW -- to repeat, on a Mac the game opens to fill my widescreen. The entire SG is available as well. But the extras were locked.

Also I don't quite understand. First people complain that ERS is same old, same old. So the dev gives us something a little different and now people miss searching through junk piles. No way is this "game" a serious, challenging interactive Adventure; it "plays" way more like a HOG, but the hidden objects are just lying around waiting to be seen.

Myself -- I complain there is not enough challenge to call many of these casual offerings "games." To me a game is something to win, beat, best with a sense of accomplishment. So often what is offered here are more like activities. I keep looking for the "game" but I will settle for being entertained if the story, the presentation, and the production value are the creation of worthy effort.

Yes, the puzzles are easy, the tasks are simple to figure out. I would say this offering is all about the story and the eye candy. The demo (always a full hour on a Mac) was over in a flash. I guess I was being duly entertained.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 10:58 AM
just popped in to say..as usual..if this were a se,,it would be a great game....bonus is usual ers.....little over a hour.....oh well at least it was on sale

oh...and make sure you find ALL the witchs story pages...or you cant finish

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 30, 12 11:21 AM
If you're the kind of person who buys a game for the whole package - beautiful graphics, good effects, and challenging puzzles, then you might be happy enough with the first two. I found the overall game itself boring and the effects as somebody else put them "over the top."

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 30, 12 11:32 AM
cbtx wrote:
Valdy wrote:LOL GMAC... once again, you made me smile. I love your reviews - they are very entertaining and fun.

I totally agree with this.

gmac----You have a real gift for writing excellent, entertaining, and fun to read reviews. They sound like professional reviews might. I hope you'll consider putting them in the review threads so the devs will be sure to see them. I really, really enjoy them----thank you!!

Hi cbtx your so very welcome and thank you for the kind words and I'll start putting them in the review section. Again thank you for taking the time to read them and your kind words.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 30, 12 11:34 AM
cathyok wrote:Thank you so much gmac 1007 for your comments on this game.You could not have said it better and I for one am so glad to see a true adventure come along without a bunch of hos getting in the way. Good work Devs and Thanks Big Fish for bringing it to us to enjoy!!!

Hi cathyok your welcome and thank you for the kind words enjoy the game.

Go to: