harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 1, 12 4:21 PM
I'm finally here,

I decide to go to the Pool today and get some and when I came back I saw that My Basil Leaves wouldn't make it another day, so I had to Make "Pesto Alla Genovese", so now I'm full and energized and ready for the game

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 1, 12 4:21 PM
Mr_Russ....Right...I had called everyone, visited every office and on and on, but never even considered the Lab...don't know why !

I also had a tough time with trying to read *** James' ID. I used his birth-date for his PIN on the mobile and then assumed the number just had to be on the card. Finaaallly, I did a right click. Couldn't believe I spent all that time and it was a proper click that allowed me to read it.

ETA: Ohhh, and then when I did finally get the *** pin number, it took me 3 tries before I caught on to delete the x's on the mobile before putting in the pin. *** DUH !

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 4:44:56 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 1, 12 4:27 PM
Mr Russ re light puzzle - **is it not the one in the museum basement everyone is talking about?** That's the one I was referring to but obviously there seems to be another!

Well I'm now outside an *abandoned house with police tape over it.* And think I will leave it there for the day.

I've been trying to get to the place** marked on the map by the origami **but can't do so, so I'm assuming I can't yet?

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 5:14:20 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 1, 12 4:40 PM
I've noticed that with this game, when you want to leave a place, if there is something you still need to do, Nicole tells you.

ETA: I'm stopping for the night. I have just arrived in a veerrry bad part of town...Uuuhhhh....scary....and alone. What's with that ?!?

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 4:47:34 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 1, 12 4:47 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:sunshinej, see my "golden body" spoiler half-way down page 1.

Thanks Mr_Russ... I had the ** vases filled with dirt when trying to switch them and then I read your hint that said it was empty. So I then I tried them empty and the right hand one worked. **

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 1, 12 5:31 PM
sunshinej: Am I understanding that you : didn't need dirt in
vase to replace statue?: I'm only asking
cause I did have to put dirt in.

I've been to: the building where James was killed and got his
mobile phone
The bone I've got to pick with her is earlier I went
into supply room to get evidence bags and gloves.
What does she say: I wouldn't know what to do with them!!?? Really? That comes back to bite her in the ****.
She won't pick up one piece of evidence cause she'll
get fingerprints on it, yet other stuff she picks up
without a second thought.
Why are they having her make these dumb mistakes?

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 1, 12 5:33 PM
I need some help please

** I've mended james' phone & got his ID and now have to get the pin. I've been to the lab but can't pick up anything. it just shows me the sample testing machine but nothing i put on it works,
I looked yp the W/T to see what i had missed & it said to pick up some cotton swabs from the jar by the window but i can' t find the jar or swabs or anything else it will let me pick up.

I have scissors, ID card, gloves luminol, plastic bag & lamp but no swabs. i have his birthdate but it won't go into the phone

Thanks

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 1, 12 5:44 PM
Bella - The cotton swabs are on a table just as you go in the lab door on the right side in a glass jar.

Tide

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 1, 12 5:54 PM
Thanks Tide

Found them now - was looking on the wrong side of the room.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 1, 12 8:28 PM
Tide and Bella, I'm at the same place, ** just right by the door I try to pick up the cotton swabs, but I can't get them, what am I doing wrong?**

Well is late now, maybe tomorrow after a good night sleep it'll work.

Nighty

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 1, 12 8:49 PM
Re the golden statue -** I didn't have to put soil in, I did pick it up but don't think there was any in the vase, and it was the first vase I picked up! ** I'm having beginners luck in this game.

I'm just outside the house in the next bit after that so haven't done all this stuff you are talking about re lab etc. Haven't played anymore but hopefully tomorrow can do some more.

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 8:51:58 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 1, 12 9:21 PM
Gingergal, You are very lucky, I did ** them all, fill them up twice, until I found out that the first Vase filled twice was the right one**

Still like the game, and I enjoy how easy She is to maneuver

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 1, 12 9:22 PM
Harlequen - You won't be able to do anything until you have accomplished some other things. Did you talk to the secretary several times especially about James and when his Bthdy is. Did you pick-up things in storage (several) did you obtain the ID of James? Did you get the piece of wire from the ceiling? Finally the phone has to be fixed on the left side of the desk belonging to Agent Bonnet.

I'll keep monitoring until you get through this part.

Tide

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 1, 12 9:36 PM
WOW! Tide, it looks like I have a lot to do

I did** pick up the different things in storage and got James ID, have to talk to Secretary again, wire in ceiling? fixing Phone? Agent Bonnet?? still have to do all that**

Thank You so much Tide By Me is now half past midnight, so it's really time for bed, but tomorrow I'll know what to do

Again Nighty

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 1, 12 9:41 PM
Harlequen - If you don't have Jame's mobile yet, you may not be able to accomplish everything until you have it. Have you been to the apartment building yet and found a drunk? If not, some of these things are for later.

I'm in the same time zone as you are EST.

Tide

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 9:46:18 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 3:21 AM
Beginning of day 10 now. I think that's the last day.
While the constant typos greatly irritate me, it's not a bad game.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 2, 12 3:29 AM
I've managed to get her killed.

So, going to quit for now, I've been awake since 4 a.m.
Now feeling to tired to tackle any more.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 2, 12 4:21 AM
Finished! I can now assist.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 2, 12 5:51 AM
CONGRATS MR_RUSS ON A GREAT FINISH

I was going to put a beer icon there, but it's very early AM for me and I couldn't handle it.

I'm on Day 3 and just finished with *** a bunch of Lab work on blood samples and drug results. *** And I'll be off to see Warren.

Re the pick-up truck..*** I released the brake and tried to get the crowbar which was now under the wheel. Took me awhile to realize what I'd done. *** And I remembered your tip re the phone number in the bag in the bad guy's house.

I really must stop, have breakfast, etc...hard to quit the game.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Sep 2, 12 6:33 AM
Congrats on finishing the game Mr_Russ!

Players list is now updated again and hi to everyone who has joined since I was last on. Hoping to get to the game later today myself!

Go to: