Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 14, 12 10:20 AM
barbee, large file adventure games never save automatically.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Sep 14, 12 11:51 AM
Hi Mr. Russ.

Yes, I have Windows 7, and I did try to run it via programs only, as you mentioned, but to no avail. I hear it may come out for Mac, if so, I will install to my Mac. If not, it is ok. I've already deleted the game from my PC. Don't wish to even spend time messing around with it now. Already wasted enough time on it.

But thank-you very much for your suggestion. Very kind of you to do so, & I appreciate it. Maybe if I feel up to it, I will try again. Again, thank-you.

Edited on 09/14/2012 at 11:53:18 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 14, 12 8:07 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Jurinne,

This game requires the installation of another program to function correctly and as the 126 error is indicative of the download missing an essential element, it seems like you may have missed the prompt to install the extra add on.

If you <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> the game and watch out for an accept that prompt, you should have more success.

Thanks for the quick response. I did receive a prompt but had no idea what it was and so I tried to cancel it. I then received a message saying that installation was complete. So I am one confused fishie here.

I'm willing to give it another try but I never give authorization for installations of programs or anything unless I know what they are for (you can't be too careful). In this case I'll assume it's OK.

Now if my computer crashes again, like it did this morning (it's posted in another thread), I'm never going to reinstall a game (but that's not going to happen, is it?).

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Sep 14, 12 9:12 PM
I get stuck at 99% during installation - and I tried to install everything I needed. I am very disappointed as I love Sherlock Holmes Games.

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Sep 14, 12 9:21 PM
Also get error code 814 -

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 12 5:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

I would like to provide some further help on these issues that are still cropping up.

Jurinne - I assure you that the additional add on is 100% safe, it is a program which helps the game to to run realistically, applying the laws of physics to the gameplay.

If you install the game and accept that prompt, you should have no further issues. Without having a look at your machine though, I can't guarantee anything but if you run and send a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report over to our Tech Support Team, they will be glad to provide some more definite assurances.

123train - the 814 error message indicates that the Game Manager is having trouble launching the game. I would suggest closing down the Game Manager completely and once it is reopened, to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again, accepting the add on as before.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Templar_Knight on Sep 15, 12 7:52 AM
Hey, I just got this game off of [Removed by Moderator] from the Pre-order of the next game coming out. It loaded fine, but when I go to start it up and have it do DirectX and all that, it asks me permission to all this group called tage.4 (pretty sure that's what it said, I can get it more detailed if you want) access to load something at the startup. Whether I say yes or no, my AVG stops it as a Trojan/Backdoor threat. I've had my AVG destroy it both times I've tried, but it won't allow me to play the game; saying I need adminstrator status. What should I do?

Edited on 09/18/2012 at 6:43:04 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 18, 12 6:56 AM
Hi Templar_Knight,

Welcome to the Pond!

I would encourage you to have a look at the help article here for help on setting your game up to run as administrator.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Templar_Knight on Sep 18, 12 3:23 PM
Thanks for the tip on Adminstrator status Baikal, but it still showing a Trojan virus threat when I try to load Tages; is it safe to allow despite what AVG says or no?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 19, 12 8:10 AM
Hi again Templar_Knight,

This sounds like a false positive and I would like to assure you that all of our games are rigorously tested and guaranteed to be virus free.

The best way of dealing with this is to contact Customer Support and let them know of the situation. There is some information that you can include in the email you send that will make ensure that we can get to helping you right away. For details on what to send, please see the following help article:

Virus Messages

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Juve45 on Sep 20, 12 11:03 AM
I am stuck at the das leak, i cant move the wheels except one, which i can move it only once, in the right part...
is there a bug, or its a problem with my game? it can be resolved with a reinstalation?

Edited on 09/20/2012 at 11:04:00 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 12 11:07 AM
Try both left click and right click. One moves clockwise, the other, counter-clockwise.

[Post New]by Juve45 on Sep 21, 12 5:05 AM
thanks it worked!

noilif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by noilif on Sep 22, 12 1:26 AM
The game has played well for me and I am nearing the end.. but now I'm at the place where you have a survey map that you are supposed to put lines and circles on.
I got the lines all right but when it comes to the ellipse, I draw it (seemingly) correctly but the game won't progress from there to the next thing which is supposed to be the compass. I've redrawn the ellipse many times and checked with a couple walkthroughs to make sure I am placing it right but it seems that the game has hung up at this spot because Holmes won't OK the thing. HELP?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 22, 12 1:37 AM
noilif wrote:The game has played well for me and I am nearing the end.. but now I'm at the place where you have a survey map that you are supposed to put lines and circles on.
I got the lines all right but when it comes to the ellipse, I draw it (seemingly) correctly but the game won't progress from there to the next thing which is supposed to be the compass. I've redrawn the ellipse many times and checked with a couple walkthroughs to make sure I am placing it right but it seems that the game has hung up at this spot because Holmes won't OK the thing. HELP?
There is a solution to this in the forum. The ellipse has to be much wider than you'd expect. Start from the two points and keep moving outwards.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/223352.page

Edited on 09/22/2012 at 1:38:29 AM PST

noilif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by noilif on Sep 22, 12 11:12 AM
Thank you thank you thank you Mr. Russ! I found the forum of which you referred and the larger ellipse worked immediately.

Aeryis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Aeryis on Oct 7, 12 11:56 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have literally spent HOURS redrawing one ellipse out of another but would NEVER have figured it would need to be that wide!

[Post New]by BunkiNyu on Dec 18, 12 8:24 AM
When you go to the crime scene for the first time, there is a spot, I believe next to the wall opposite the prostitutes making out, where you just fall outside of the game map and then you're stuck somewhere in a void space - you can see the sky and the fog, but nothing else. I can't get back to the scene and have to restart the game.

petesmom2
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by petesmom2 on Mar 11, 13 12:27 PM
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem... I can't save my game. How do you save? I have no menu button within the game, so I hit ESC to get to the main menu. When I try to save there, I can't, there's no point to save. I can resume the game, but if I exit, it does not auto save or give me a prompt of whether or not to save before exiting. I've already played the beginning of the game 3 times... it did not save after the free trial either. I don't want to have to do it again... it's not that good of a game, but I would like to be able to finish it because I've already paid for it. Please let me know what to do to get the game saved. Thanks so much!
petesmom2

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 11, 13 1:28 PM
Hi petesmom2,

I looked through some other threads here and found this one where some other Fishies were discussing how to save progress: How do I exit the game?.

It looks like some people said they hit the ESC key more than once and eventually got to the Save menu. Another person had to do some adjustments deeper in the game files.

Our Tech Support Team will definitely be happy to help you get everything straightened out, though. Please contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: