bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 15, 12 9:51 AM
Hi slotfish,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is the screen cut off on the bottom, or are parts of the interface missing? It might be that the resolution for the game is a bit off and is causing the bottom part of the screen to not show up. You can try adjusting your resolution to see if that might help. Our help article here covers how to do that in more detail:

Screen Resolution

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know. They can look further into that for you and hopefully get the problem fixed quickly!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by azjmarie on Sep 15, 12 12:16 PM
I'm having the same problem. Have contacted Tech Support too. While waiting for a reply, I was secretly hoping for a patch that would fix the issue. Seems there are enough fishies complaining to warrant a fix.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Sep 15, 12 12:34 PM
Same problem here. Have a Dell XPS up-to-date gaming computer. Never had this problem. Soooooooooooo disappointed. Hope there is a quick fix. Lately I haven't noticed any fixes.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by slotfish on Sep 15, 12 1:15 PM
bfgSeine i tried that and it is gone for the hidden objects i only see 8 of the 12 and then I have to use the hint button to see what is missing.

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 1:15:21 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 15, 12 1:50 PM
Jezz1226 wrote:Also having the screen resolution issues, can someone who has gotten it to work let me know what screen resolution it worked for them in? I'd like to know if changing the setting would work and if so what to try it at (I tried a couple, but just blind guessing)
Thanks!
There are two aspect ratios to try first - 4x3 or 16x9.
See what happens at 1024x768 or 1280x960.
Failing that, try 1600x900 or 1920x1080.
If they don't work, there are two less-common ones, 5x4 or 16x10.
5x4 = 1280x1024
16x10 is non-HD widescreen.

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 7:06:19 PM PST

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Sep 15, 12 5:13 PM
Wow, it is almost unplayably slow on my 2010 11" C2D MacBook Air (1.6GHz) running 10.7.4. A little on the low specs but should not be as bad as it plays where I can see each frame sloooowly transition to the next. Ruins any enjoyment in the game itself, which is otherwise tempting. But no way no how with that kind of performance.

I do play off an external USB drive. Are there minimum recommended transfer speeds?

[Post New]by NancySusan on Sep 16, 12 7:43 AM
This is my second posting on this issue -- I did change the aspect ratio on my desktop, went back into the game and except that the color saturation level was slightly different, I still had the same black bars at the side and everything was elongated. I also tried changing the aspect ratio within the game again, both before and after I changed the aspect ratio on the computer itself, but nothing changed in the game. This is something that has to do with the game itself. I would buy the game in a heartbeat if this problem were fixed.

gamegal58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post The Agency of Anomalies The Last Performance Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by gamegal58 on Sep 16, 12 7:35 PM
After loading the game, only the bottom right portion of the game appeared in the upper left portion of my computer screen, the rest of the screen was black. Was not able to do anything. I have Windows 7

Edited on 09/16/2012 at 7:39:43 PM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Sep 17, 12 9:23 AM
Game has too many problems. When a particular game does not work on my computer I notify BF and then if problem is not resolved,I just don't buy it. Too many other good games to play and life is to short to worry about one particular game. This does not happen too often...at least for me! Hopefully the problem will get resolved. For now, it is on my back burner!

manxie273
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by manxie273 on Sep 17, 12 10:10 AM
I too am having problems with black bars down the sides of my screen on this one. I have tried changing resolutions and ticking Aspect Ratio in the in game menu, but nothing seems to make a difference,

I'm so glad I opted for the trial, as I have a simple solution to this - I just won't be buying the game until a fix is issued.

Shame though, was looking forward to playing this.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 17, 12 11:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you who are running into the aspect ratio being off (part of the game is being cut off, it's not filling the screen), one player was able to find a work around by following these steps. If you click the blue text it will take you right to their post.

However, if the game is still acting up even after trying either those or the steps in our Screen Resolution help article, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this as well. This will also help us better track any issues.

therat03: Playing off an external USB drive should effect the overall performance of the game, but just in case, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game if you haven't already. However, if the game is still giving you trouble after doing so - please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team as well and one of our Mac reps will be happy to look into this for you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 09/17/2012 at 5:10:28 PM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Sep 18, 12 3:53 PM
yeah, I can't play the game either. no screen resolution or aspect ratio corrects anything at all. I'm on a Mac. never had this problem with BigFish games before.

like others here, the game doesn't fill the screen. the bottom part of the game screen cannot be seen or accessed, so I have no access to the inventory. I have part of a frame on the top of the screen that can only be closed out, not minimized or maximized.

no, I don't want to contact Tech Support - I have done that innumerable times in the past with other issues with other games, and this is the extent of the "help" I get:

"Gee, we dunno nothin' 'bout no Macs."

so, no, this is a no-brainer for me: delete the demo and forget about purchasing.

[Post New]by eeberman on Sep 19, 12 12:40 AM
I'm using a Mac running 10.6.8 and I can't get the game to open at all. Every time I try, it automatically quits before it can even get started.

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on Sep 19, 12 3:21 PM
I also am having the bottom part cut off. I can't see all of the HOS list so I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I tried every aspect ratio my computer has and it didn't make any difference. I'm hoping for a fix to come out soon.

Murph

[Post New]by sallysimone on Sep 20, 12 4:25 AM
This game has caused me more grief than any other game i know. From the second i downloaded the one hour trial it has been a major annoyance. Why? The damn game WILL NOT SHUT DOWN i have tried everything i am expected to do to get rid of it.

1. I have gone to the task control panel and put a stop to the task.
2. I have then turned off my computer after shutting everything down.
3. I have tried to uninstall it BUT it still tells me that i cannot uninstall because the game is still "running".
4. Tried all the above over and over again.
5. And now .... wait for it i have even gone to the measure of purchasing this game because i do not know what else to do. i thought it would help get rid of it but now its saying that i still cannot play the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all to help rid me of this cursed game!!!!

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 20, 12 2:29 PM
Running MAC Lion

Games takes a long time to load.
Game freezes: once cursor simply would not move, twice game just stopped, twice error screen came up and dropped me out of game.
Got nearly to the end of the game; had just put all three jewels in the box and nothing. Game froze again. Was finally able to get out of the game. When I got back into the game the jewels were gone from the box and she was asking for them again, but they were NOT in the original spots. I could not finish the game.
Once again, why do developers put these games out before ironing out all the bugs?
So irritating.
And, why do we continue to buy them? Notice I said WE including myself in the mix.

Edited on 09/20/2012 at 2:29:27 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 20, 12 4:25 PM
Hi everyone,

If your game is giving you trouble by not shutting down or performing properly, please don't hesitate to let our Customer Support Team know. One of our reps will have the tools and resources to take a closer look into this for you and they can help you with your purchase in anyway they can.

In addition to that it will help us better track any issues.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you everyone!

bfgCimarron

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Sep 23, 12 2:25 PM
fraziely wrote:Well, the game initializes just fine. But soon thereafter (before the screen with the menu's) my screen just goes black. I have my pc hooked up to one of the tv's, and when the screen goes black, it also says "No Input" as if it's not receiving any info from pc/game.

Oh well, it's probably a vid card issue....I sure was looking forward to playing this game .

Same thing here. I click on the guide and it kicks me out of the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 3:15 AM
Hi jeanniemouse,

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Dinenu on Sep 28, 12 8:18 PM
Your answer to everything is update. Why not take responsibility for your own issues in game design and fix it. I buy games all the time from here and do not have this issue with any other game. No screen resolution works to allow me to play in windowed mode and i cannot play in full screen because i need access to my desktop at all times. What a waste of money but then that was my fault for not reading the forums and all the issues. Stop blaming updates and start taking action clearly it's the game ....when all other games work fine without issue ...well that should tell you something.

Ok so now that i'm venting and really only have myself to blame for the purchase. The game looks like it could be very good. It's just very frustrating it does not work as well in terms of resolutions/windowed mode as the other games. Bit disappointing, but lessoned learned...read forum reviews and not just game reviews before buying.

Edited on 09/28/2012 at 9:12:30 PM PST

Go to: