Re:Reviews for The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Sep 28, 12 7:56 PM
I love Fairway solitaire and own both versions (collectors and SE). While this game is very similar, I had difficulty distinguishing some of the cards (jacks, especially) with the fancy script writing. I looked for an option to change the face of the cards, but no go. There was a lag when you picked cards and I don't care for that, as I like to play pretty fast. I went back to Fairway. I also find the commentary in Fairway hilarious.

Edited on 09/28/2012 at 8:00:38 PM PST

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Sep 29, 12 12:51 PM
Hi Fishies

Well I was on hols when this little gem came up. Scrolled through games when I got back and found this, heaven. It is a great game, and been playing this from Sunday 23rd and still playing now. I am actually trying to get perfect on all levels, but that besides it is a brilliant solitaire game. I would say the best I have seen. Lots of power ups and the graphics are beautiful. Must be good taken me nearly a week to do a review lol. If you have not tried it yet, please do. Thank you Developers and . More like this please.

Deb

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Sep 30, 12 8:00 AM
First of all, I love fairy themed games, beautiful graphics, music, and a good solitaire game, so I had very high hopes. And I was not disappointed!

I purchased this with a punch yesterday and began playing this beautiful game for hours, missing dinner. Since I'm someone who doesn't like to sit for long periods of time or miss meals, this is saying something.

It was just pleasure and somewhat addictive, not a great challenge or requiring great deals of thought, a nice change of pace from large file games. Though winning a level doesn't come easy, it's thoroughly relaxing and just fun. You do get to replay as much as you like to get the result you want and I was playing on the harder mode. I predict this game will become one of my "go to" games for quite some time. I highly recommend giving it a try and I'm hoping for a sequel in the future.

+

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Oct 5, 12 3:09 PM
This is the first card game I bought, and I bought it just because of the graphics and voice overs. The game was a challenge to play, more so as the game went on. There are lots of trophies to collect. Even when you beat the game at the end you can still carry on to do more things and not have to stop and start over. The only downfall to this game is when you must quit in the middle of the game it will give you a red x and start you right off at the next one.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 6, 12 5:58 AM
if you like card games you will LOVE this game.----------------doug & lisa

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 8, 12 11:52 AM
I love this game! Its graphics and music are beautiful. The story is interesting and there's so much more to it than any other solitaire game I've tried. I normally turn the music and sound down while playing a game, but I haven't with this one. The ambiance is also fantastic!

-Two modes of play - Relaxed and challenge - I have not played relaxed mode, but in challenge mode, I haven't noticed a timer except at the end of each round. Your round time is shown along with points, combos, etc.

-The game has hidden objects to find after every few rounds, but so far, no lists. I have only had to find 10 cards, 10 caterpillars, etc. This is a very nice addition to the game.

-You get coins behind card columns to use at the store for extra cards and amulets to help you complete the rounds. I'm enjoying this part of the game as well. You can also collect materials for tasks by clearing the columns, i.e. wood, rope, etc.

-Nice voice-overs - I find myself laughing when Seth (the villain) laughs if I finish a round with more than 4 cards left on the table.

-Re-playable levels - You can play each round as many times as you want in order to clear the table or to get a better score. Thanks to the developers for this feature! Note: You don't lose your coins when you replay, but you will not earn more coins by replaying.

-Widescreen, windowed mode

-Custom cursor is very nice, but there is an option to use the system cursor.

-Trophies - I love games with achievements to unlock!

I'm only on the 3rd section/level of 24. Each level has 10 rounds. I know that I will be playing this game for hours on end. It's a fun game and definitely worth the money. Out of all the Collector's Editions I've played, there's only one that I feel is equal in replay value to Emerland Solitaire. Thank you, BFG and devs for this wonderful game. I'm so glad I decided to try it as I don't usually play card games! I hope there will be more games like this one.

Edited on 10/08/2012 at 2:25:24 PM PST

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Oct 22, 12 6:00 PM
NOTE TO DEVS:
YOU'VE HOOKED ME!

please, please PLEASE make another solitaire game like emerland! i loved the story and i loved the "one up, one down" type of solitaire and i loved the increased challenge as the game progressed! i loved the characters! i especially love the MUSIC... very elizabethan-sounding with flutes and all... lovely... and relaxing!

i'm a die-hard HOPA girl.... i've never bought anything but HOPA... until now!
i own LOTS of those games, some of which i have not yet played, but decided i needed a change. i found "chronicles of everland" and decided to give it a try... and when i finished the game... the GAME, not the demo, i wanted MORE. i know i can play this game over and over, but would love a different story with it, so i started casting about for something similar. i found the avalon game and will probably buy that (demo was good, but NOT everland!) with a PCC, but i want MORE like everland! (wait, did i already say that? LOL)

PLEASE? make a HOPA girl happy with maybe even "everland 2"?

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Oct 22, 12 10:39 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:
NOTE TO DEVS: YOU'VE HOOKED ME!

please, please PLEASE make another solitaire game like emerland! i loved the story and i loved the "one up, one down" type of solitaire and i loved the increased challenge as the game progressed! i loved the characters! i especially love the MUSIC... very elizabethan-sounding with flutes and all... lovely... and relaxing!

i'm a die-hard HOPA girl.... i've never bought anything but HOPA... until now!
i own LOTS of those games, some of which i have not yet played, but decided i needed a change. i found "chronicles of everland" and decided to give it a try... and when i finished the game... the GAME, not the demo, i wanted MORE. i know i can play this game over and over, but would love a different story with it, so i started casting about for something similar. i found the avalon game and will probably buy that (demo was good, but NOT everland!) with a PCC, but i want MORE like everland! (wait, did i already say that? LOL)

PLEASE? make a HOPA girl happy with maybe even "everland 2"?

Hi. I want to say that we ( devs ) heard you wish
Now we are just thinking about our next game...

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Nov 3, 12 2:57 AM
This game is a really beautiful solitaire card game, and it has a few nice scenes where you search for hidden objects! I loved the ability to replay levels for a perfect score now I have all the trophies. The amulets are a nice addition too!

Also, the music is lovely I had a lot of fun with this one, love solitaire!

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 14, 12 7:33 PM
I loved, loved this game. Played it 3 times and just finished my 3rd time with all perfects. The last time through I amassed a huge amount of money so I could buy lots of wild cards when I got to the volcano. That helped me get a perfect on the final level. I hope they make more games like this. I really liked Fairway and Fairie and this game was just as good as those two. Now what do I do for fun???

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jan 9, 13 3:07 PM
This is a great game, I have to play some of the hands a few times to get past them but that is ok. Its a nice change from the Hidden Object games. The graphics are beautiful. I have been looking for a good solitaire game

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 23, 13 12:17 PM
I've been playing it in intervals for some time now. Loved it at first--great graphics and I like the hidden object scene interludes.

However, I'm at the mermaid kingdom and quite frankly there's not enough cards in the deck. The layout uses most of the cards..and only a few are face up when you start. You only have around 10 cards in the deck and it's almost impossible to get anywhere at all.

I get red X after red X.

I play each hand over and over and still can't clear the cards (or even get to 4).

NOT ENOUGH CARDS IS NO WAY TO MAKE A SOLITAIRE GAME.

Also the wild cards cost wayy too much. Many of the things you can buy in the store are useless (and cost too much). You don't get nearly enough wild cards when you play (and I even bought the thing that's supposed to get you more of them during play). You pay 200 coins per wild card at the store, but you rarely get coins--never any during replaying a hand unless you get the special add-on bonus thing and then you might get around 36 coins.

I'm frustrated to the point of asking for a refund but then I read the reviews here and saw that many people have managed (somehow) to finish the game and even get all perfects. Someone said the key is buy lots of wild cards--well as I said they are too expensive and the game is uber stingey with giving out coins...so I"m not sure how this is even possible...

Anyway, I was fooled into buying it because the first levels aren't hard and the graphics are really beautiful but be aware...

It gets almost impossible to win levels as you go along!!!

If you're up for that, it's recommended, but I think the game needs work.

Develops I hope you are paying attention to this lament that many of us are having w/ this otherwise really nice game.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Apr 9, 13 7:53 PM
First time i tried a solitaire game and enjoyed it thoroughly. beautiful graphics and love the little mini games. music is abit weird for me though....abit creepy like. But i can always turn it off. All in all a great game

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Apr 19, 13 2:56 PM
I LOVED IT....I love Solitaires that are a challenge and this one is one of the best!!! I didn't have any technical issues with it...I loved the graphic's....

[Post New]by suzee56 on Jul 22, 14 2:09 PM
I was enjoying my recent purchase of this game and got my way through to the land of the elves, closed that thinking that that would be the place i started again today but NO, I find myself back in the Land of Humans , slashing through the thorns - what didn't I do?????? Does it not automatically save or do I have to push a SAVE button somewhere on the screen, if so where is it. and now back to the Land of the Humans to slash my way through the thorns again!!!!

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Oct 9, 14 4:25 PM
Loving this game, it must be by the same devs who do Season Match and I have all those games. Runs like a dream, music not intrusive and lots to do. Well done to you devs.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Oct 9, 14 4:25 PM
Loving this game, it must be by the same devs who do Season Match and I have all those games. Runs like a dream, music not intrusive and lots to do. Well done to you devs.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Oct 22, 14 6:16 AM
Sorry for double posting, have just noticed it. Am now at the end of this lengthy and very enjoyable game but cannot finish the last level. I have come onto forum for tips, maybe need to be buying amulets, I have only bought wild cards throughout. Nice to hear it can be done. Thanks guys

mangopie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mangopie on Mar 12, 15 11:31 PM
I'm rather liking the game. However I feel that the ability to add coins so as to buy powerups has been made so sparing that they are extremely difficult to obtain.
In addition the level of difficulty is above most of the other solitaire games I have tried. It is necessary to play some hands multiple times to advance.
I'm finding this aspect of the game frustrating.
I feel it would be improved if the score for each level were added to the coin level.

barbspin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by barbspin on May 30, 15 3:20 PM
OK, straight off, this is a gripe review of this game. I love this game, I want to play it all the time. However, here's the gripe: Whenever I make a purchase in this game, more hearts, wildcards, etc. the site takes my money but won't give me the item I buy. This has happened three times now.
Yes, I've emailed Big Fish but I get absolutely no response from them. Yes, I use the page for submitting questions and tech issues.
I'm about fed up on this.
Anyone have solutions to either get what I paid for or to reach the right people? Please don't say email unless you have a specific person I can email to.
Sorry for the griping, but I'm frustrated....

Go to: