bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Here you can ask question to developers.

[Post New]by bettums on Sep 19, 12 4:30 AM
Is anyone going to do anything about the access violation? I am tired of hitting ctl,alt,del every time I have to leave the game for two minutes. It is a wonderful game but I am almost sorry I bought it. This is not a computer problem, it is a problem with the game. Please, please fix it.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 19, 12 4:39 AM
I am giving it a week for the devs to sort it out before asking for a refund. I have given up playing for now as it is just too frustrating.

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 23, 12 9:21 AM
Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying this game. The music and graphics are lovely! I usually turn music off when I play games, but this one is an exception. One small gripe is I'm REALLY tired of that evil laugh and image we get when we don't pass a level! Oh, and I find that I very often click on a 'J' thinking it's a '7'. Would be nice if the fonts were just a little clearer for those two cards, even though I do like the graphics over all.

I'm seeing people talking about getting coins. I've noticed I ONLY get the chance to get coins on my first playthrough. If i replay a hand, there are no coins under the card stacks anymore. Maybe this is because of how I set it up when I started? (I think I'm playing in timed/challenge mode). I do appreciate that this mode is meant to be a bit harder, but it's frustrating when I get dealt an unwinnable hand by the computer and lose out on coins that could help very much over something that isn't my fault!

Because once I got to the mermaid stage, some of it was REALLY hard and I don't even have half the amulets, I went back and played some of the early stages over again to get the 500 coins from getting perfect on them. The early stages are really easy when you have all four of the helper people (but tough in the beginning, so that's actually a good thing.)

Once I finish the game completely, I probably will go back and try playing the whole thing again, although I may do it on easy next time! XD

Oh, and one last note. It's silly really, but it had me giggling... mermaids are girls. Males are called 'mermen'.

Lots of thumbs up though. I was completely addicted to Fairway Solitaire, but in many ways, I think this one is even better.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 23, 12 10:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

Since a couple technical issues were mentioned above, I just wanted to swim in here to let you know that we released an updated version of the game earlier this week that should address the issues with the game crashing.

You can read more about the update and how to download it in the post we've created here.

Happy Gaming!

bfgMonongahela

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 12 10:50 AM
nixyseven wrote:I'm seeing people talking about getting coins. I've noticed I ONLY get the chance to get coins on my first playthrough. If i replay a hand, there are no coins under the card stacks anymore. Maybe this is because of how I set it up when I started? (I think I'm playing in timed/challenge mode). I do appreciate that this mode is meant to be a bit harder, but it's frustrating when I get dealt an unwinnable hand by the computer and lose out on coins that could help very much over something that isn't my fault!

Hi Nixyseven...

No, it's not you. This game does not allow you to cheat, i.e. replaying a hand and getting this way more coins. Once you have discovered the coins behind the last cards, they are then gone, just like you don't get another object once it has been discovered under the last card of a hand.

Because once I got to the mermaid stage, some of it was REALLY hard and I don't even have half the amulets, I went back and played some of the early stages over again to get the 500 coins from getting perfect on them. The early stages are really easy when you have all four of the helper people (but tough in the beginning, so that's actually a good thing.)

Once I finish the game completely, I probably will go back and try playing the whole thing again, although I may do it on easy next time! XD

I finished the game a couple of days ago, and am now playing to get a Perfect for each hand. When I played the game the first time, I never bought any wild cards until the very last stage, which was quite difficult. That way I was able to save my money for the amulettes, which you will need, especially those that give your companions more power.

Oh, and one last note. It's silly really, but it had me giggling... mermaids are girls. Males are called 'mermen'.

Lots of thumbs up though. I was completely addicted to Fairway Solitaire, but in many ways, I think this one is even better.

I too was somewhat astounded to see a male mermaid. LOL But he looked rather dishy...

I too was addicted to Fairway, and still am, but none of the previous solitaire games I have played come anywhere close to this one.

Happy gaming...

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 24, 12 8:30 AM
Valdy wrote: No, it's not you. This game does not allow you to cheat, i.e. replaying a hand and getting this way more coins.

Erm, I really wasn't meaning trying to get the coins twice (i.e. cheating). I meant that if I'm playing a really hard hand and get a crappy deal, I might only be able to uncover, say, one bit of coins. If I replay, I don't get the chance even to get the ones I missed the first time.

Sometimes I can get even the more advanced levels on perfect the first try, thus unconvering all the coin stacks, but there've been several times where I couldn't get ANY coins in a level due to a terrible draw. That stinks.

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 24, 12 11:37 AM
nixyseven wrote:

Sometimes I can get even the more advanced levels on perfect the first try, thus unconvering all the coin stacks, but there've been several times where I couldn't get ANY coins in a level due to a terrible draw. That stinks.

If you can't get any coin in the hard hand, stop before you finish it, even if you already have no cards in the deck. Click on the menu button and go to the map. Then click to the play and try to replay this hand once again. I hope this little cheat will be usefull to you.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Sep 24, 12 4:40 PM
Hi Victor_nick,

It's really nice of you to pop in on this forum all these days later. I am still confused with regard to the scoring. Can you please explain what these are and how they influence the game?

Score (lower left blue orb)
Multiplier (small red orb on lower left)
Stage Reward
Progress and %
Skill Level/Level-Up
The items that are listed at the end of the hand on the score card

I'm confused as to how these influence the game and if they translate into money. Thanks for your help,
Sherry in Oregon

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Sep 25, 12 12:14 AM
Sherry__Rose wrote:Hi Victor_nick,

It's really nice of you to pop in on this forum all these days later. I am still confused with regard to the scoring. Can you please explain what these are and how they influence the game?

Score (lower left blue orb)
Multiplier (small red orb on lower left)
Stage Reward
Progress and %
Skill Level/Level-Up
The items that are listed at the end of the hand on the score card

I'm confused as to how these influence the game and if they translate into money. Thanks for your help,
Sherry in Oregon

Hi Sherry,
I'll try to explain.
Each time when you reach new Level-Up, you'll get new bonus which will be generated on cards (randomly).
To reach Level-Up you need scores (lower left blue orb). Every card is 5 points. If you make combo (5 more card) this will transform to multiplier for your scores (displays in small red orb on lower left). So in the end of level your scores from big blue orb will be multiplied on the indicator in red orb - this will be your score for current level.
Also if you'll make Perfect (0 cards left on the field) you will earn additional +1000 points.
One card left +500.
Two cards +400.
Three cards +200.
Four cards +100.

(Progress and %) Your progress to next Level-Up, displayed in the top middle of the screen.
Stage Reward - displays how many coins (gold) you'll earn in the end of stage (10 levels).
Gold shield +500 coins
Silver shield +300 coins
Bronze shield +150 coins

To continue main quest, you need to find some items, they placed behind the last cards in columns. How many items left to find, you can see in the bottom of statistic window.

Hope this will be useful for you.
And don't hesitate to ask me again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 12 4:53 AM
nixyseven wrote:
Valdy wrote: No, it's not you. This game does not allow you to cheat, i.e. replaying a hand and getting this way more coins.

Erm, I really wasn't meaning trying to get the coins twice (i.e. cheating). I meant that if I'm playing a really hard hand and get a crappy deal, I might only be able to uncover, say, one bit of coins. If I replay, I don't get the chance even to get the ones I missed the first time.

Hi again, Nixyseven

I was not at all suggesting that you wanted to cheat. When I said "This game does not allow you to cheat", I meant a general "you", not you personally. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Sep 25, 12 11:36 AM
Victor_nick, thanks so very much for your explanation of the scoring. It helps very much!
Sherry in Oregon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 12 8:03 PM
Hello Victor (and Andreww if he is still around) !!

Just wanted to say that I am now on level 4 - replaying the game to get only "Perfect" for each hand. I spend more money this time round for extra wild cards, but it's a lot of fun. I find the game much less hard the second time round, because I am now familiar with it, and the game is just as enjoyable the second time round as it was the first time. In fact, it's more enjoyable, because I have managed to get through the game once, and now I just concentrate on getting "Perfect" scores.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Oct 5, 12 10:36 AM
LOVE this game but I have played the last level through at least 5 times and once with perfect 10's and I still can not get all the shards? What is the secret? How can you get them and why with perfect 10's dont you get them?

Help please!

herrbach
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by herrbach on Nov 2, 12 1:25 PM
This is a fun game. I just have two little gripes. When I leave the game for more than a few minutes & come back, it's usually frozen & I have to control/alt/delete & then wait for the game to reload. If I was in the middle of a level I need to begin it all over. So if I'm going to leave for a few minutes I have to completely exit the game, & not quit in the middle of a level.

The other thing - soooo many of these solitaire games are mouse intensive; moving back & forth to turn a card from the pile, then up to select cards, then back to the bottom to turn a card, then back up to select cards, back & forth, over & over & over.... It would be much less tiring (especially for those with arthritis) if an option was built into these games to turn a card from the pile just by hitting the ENTER key or SPACEBAR. That way, you could leave the cursor up in the playing field.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 12 10:35 AM
herrbach wrote:This is a fun game. I just have two little gripes. When I leave the game for more than a few minutes & come back, it's usually frozen & I have to control/alt/delete & then wait for the game to reload. If I was in the middle of a level I need to begin it all over. So if I'm going to leave for a few minutes I have to completely exit the game, & not quit in the middle of a level.

Hello Herrbach...

Do you still have the old version of this game, because with the first version we all experienced a freeze in the game when we stopped playing even for a short while.

There is a new version out since September, which solves that problem. With the new version your game shouldn't freeze anymore.

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Nov 13, 12 4:00 PM
When will you fix the Mac version which crashes constantly.

It's the only game in my GameManager that does this.

There is no apparent reason why it crashes. It has nothing to do with game being idle.

I can play for less than a minute and it will crash or for several minutes and it will crash.

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 14, 12 7:37 PM
Wonderful solitaire game, Andreww. Can't wait until you offer your next solitaire game. I would pay collector's edition price for it if it's as good as this one. Thanks so much for the hours of enjoyment you have given to me!

Re:Game play

[Post New]by sugarphxaz on Nov 18, 12 3:24 PM
I have a question. Does this game use one deck of cards(52) in each level, including the cards you flip at bottom? Because if so I can not get past two different levels due to having multiple of the same card. IE: one level I had 8 kings. On playing field layout there have been two or three the exact same card like 3 king of spades. That is when I noticed that this game has to be using more than one deck and usually solitaire is with one deck of cards total. You guys must use four at least. Please let me know before I decide to dump this game. I really like this game, great keeping my mind occupied, but because of it crashing when I do not click on replay or next right away, and now I see multiple of exact cards I am begining to think somebody or something does not want me to enjoy this game.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 3:29:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Nov 19, 12 7:04 AM
Hi, sugarphxaz.
I'll try to explain. In most of the game levels we are using one or one and half decks. So probability of getting 8 kings is very wee, but it is possible.
Also if you have amulets which giving you additional cards, you can also get two or three random cards, among which may be king.
I'm sorry that you had this situation, but as I said I don't think that can happen very often. I hope if you try again you'll be able enjoy this game.

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Nov 20, 12 2:10 PM
Who is in charge of fixing the constant crashing on Macs?

BigFish or the actual game creators?

I tried all suggested fixes... still crashing.

I posted the error message in the technical post for this game and sent Dr. Felix report to BigFish via Game Chat.

Still no fix.

Go to: