Re:Post any Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by PeggyLprp on Sep 20, 12 12:22 PM
ntsuhako wrote:The game does not save my progress, When I exit and return to play it starts from the beginning with Edwina as the player. What could possibly cause this to happen?

I'm having the same problem. Very annoying!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Margrave: The Blacksmith's Daughter Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 20, 12 12:28 PM
Hi PeggyLprp,

When a game isn't saving your progress well, one thing that can help is to run it in Administrator Mode. This ensures the game has all the permissions it needs to run correctly and create good save files. You can read more about how to make that adjustment here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at what else might be going on and can work with you directly to get everything resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by westielover on Sep 21, 12 2:40 AM
Game only plays with black lines at both sides. Have brand new computer running windows 7, screen resolution 1366 x 768. Yesterdays Dark Parables played fine in widescreen. Any help would be appreciated

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 21, 12 4:52 AM
Hi westielover,

I am sorry to see that you are having this trouble.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums.

Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some more specific support is to have you get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck in sorting this out!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 4:52:50 AM PST

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Sep 21, 12 6:32 AM
I have been hoping someone is developing a patch for this game but I don't see any changes on my game manager. Sigh. I am stuck in the wretched Sun room needing to fix the wires, which I can see but not touch. The cover has come off the giant spider thing and the wires are in the middle of its chest, but I can't click on them. I can't progress any further without this action completed.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 21, 12 10:38 AM
Hi darksprires,

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team about the issue you're having with the puzzle in the Sun Room. If this is a bigger glitch with the game, the information they can collect from you with our Dr. Felix Report will help pinpoint where it's coming from so it can be addressed as quickly as possible.

Also, while some developers do monitor our Forums, many of them will only know that there is an issue with their game if our Tech Support Team gets in touch with them with the details. And in that case, having as much information about the issue and how many players it affects is really beneficial too.

You can read more about running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it to Tech Support in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 10:38:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Rachrenee on Sep 21, 12 2:27 PM
During the bonus content I ran into issues with the curtains and the window. I clicked the curtains on the pillar and the first set "tied" onto it. When clicking a second time (for the second set of curtains) the first set disappeared and then the set in inventory appeared on the pillar. Problem is this leaves me 1 set of curtains short in order to proceed forward. There is no way to just "restart" the bonus chapter without replying the entire game. Would love to see some help to get past this..... So to sum it up, 1 curtain tied to pillar and none in inventory. 1 set has completely disappeared. Thanks!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 21, 12 9:22 PM
I played the game a second time to get all 60 strawberries to open the strawberry book. All I got was an open book with just the names Elize and Uisdean. No game or story. On the second play I also could not pick up the paper pieces. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game twice since the game would not start at all now. Just a white blank screen. I paid $13.99 for a game that won't play now.

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 9:27:33 PM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 21, 12 9:46 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I played the game a second time to get all 60 strawberries to open the strawberry book. All I got was an open book with just the names Elize and Uisdean. No game or story. On the second play I also could not pick up the paper pieces. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game twice since the game would not start at all now. Just a white blank screen. I paid $13.99 for a game that won't play now.

I finally tried installing the game from the main Big Fish home page that I use to play new games. It downloaded ok and the game started. I found the strawberry book pages had to be clicked on at the bottom of the page to view the story.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 21, 12 11:26 PM
KP541 wrote:I am having the same problem. No face.. he keeps asking don't forget my face but there isn't one on the hint button. And I can't leave the room.

Rudo leaves your hint button and should end up in your inventory. Did you check there?

[Post New]by SatinEssence on Sep 23, 12 10:23 AM
bella81762 wrote:
naomi4195 wrote:I am having the same problem as Bella and don't have Rudo's face and it won't let me leave and get it or anything else. I am stuck there with it saying "don't forget to place my face!" Please help!!

as soon as live chat is open i am sending them a dr felix report,,,as long as i dont have to restart, i will keep it,,,,if i have to restart the whole thing,, i am asking for a refund,,,i will post back after live chat opens, and let you know what they said

Having the same exact same problem.....and with it being so close to the end of the game, I am not starting over. It isn't a problem with our computers....I believe it's a problem with the game because so many of us are having the same exact problem when we come to this point in the game.. My computer is brand new and all other games play just fine, except this one. I don't like paying my hard earned money for so called collector's edition games and they have these issues and problems.

[Post New]by harvey45 on Sep 23, 12 11:18 AM
I seem to have gotten to a different snag. I am almost finished (I think!) and am in the Soul cammponile and can't click on the soul to get the next instruction. All I see is dandelion like puffs floating around. I've tried clicking on the puffs but nothing happens. The strategy guide says that when I click on the soul I'll get instructions so I'm stuck until I can click on the soul. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by alexdshoney on Sep 24, 12 7:16 AM
pjs22763 wrote:I am not able to fix the wires in the hatch at the Suntower.
Not able to play the HOS in the Suntower to get the flute
I'm on a PC

I am not able to fix the wires in the hatch at the suntower or play the HOS to get the flute either. If you fixed it, please tell me how.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Sep 24, 12 11:05 AM
I too have no face to place, after reading everyones comments, i uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail. I am sure it is a glitch in the game as this has never happened to me with Big Fish Games before. I will keep an eye out for a fix, until then the game is unplayable. If a fix never comes along, I will request a refund. This is really a bummer!

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Sep 24, 12 11:29 AM
PeggyLprp wrote:
ntsuhako wrote:The game does not save my progress, When I exit and return to play it starts from the beginning with Edwina as the player. What could possibly cause this to happen?

I'm having the same problem. Very annoying!!!

After reading all the tech issues, I thought I was the only one having this problem. I contacted them and asked for either a refund or credit for a new game.

Bonus Chapter Manuscript

[Post New]by suru926 on Sep 24, 12 11:35 AM
plushmoon wrote:There are at least three of us (we posted in "Manuscripts in bonus chapter" initially) who are "unable to pick up the second manuscript from the desk by the window in the scriptorium and consequently cannot solve the riddle of the unicorns, dragons and mermaids". The hand cursor is there but does nothing. Going out and getting back in has no effect. Restarting the entire game if a fix is found is not an option, as there is no chance of playing such a long and convoluted game just to finish the bonus chapter! Anyone else out there with the same issue? Any way to work around it?

I'm having the same problem what's the fix?

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Sep 24, 12 3:17 PM
Hello

I am at least the 5th person in this forum having trouble with an "unexisting" Rudo's face that it is needed to place in the automata and I cannot progress.

It is a pity because it seems that such a beautiful game has a failure.

Shall I ask for a refund or are you going to give us a solution?

Thank you in advance
Cris

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 2:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am very sorry to see how many of you have run into trouble with some of the puzzles in the game.

If the advice we have already suggested does not help and you are unable to glean any clues form the SG, I would encourage you to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for you particular issue.

They will aslo be happy to explore other options with you, should you prefer not to troubleshoot further.

Wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 2:47:03 AM PST

[Post New]by harvey45 on Sep 30, 12 11:50 AM
harvey45 wrote:I seem to have gotten to a different snag. I am almost finished (I think!) and am in the Soul cammponile and can't click on the soul to get the next instruction. All I see is dandelion like puffs floating around. I've tried clicking on the puffs but nothing happens. The strategy guide says that when I click on the soul I'll get instructions so I'm stuck until I can click on the soul. Any suggestions?

I have deleted the game and reloaded it and there's been no resolution to the problem. What's the next step?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 6:26 AM
Heya harvey45, welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that reinstalling the game didn't solve the problem.

Since the ghost doesn't appear it could be that your computer is having problems displaying it. In this case it could help to make sure that all the drivers are up to date with the steps you can find here.

If this doesn't solve your problem either I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can have a look at that for you.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 6:10:37 AM PST

Go to: