Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book One technical issues issues here only

[Post New]by ChiDoLa on Jun 1, 13 7:41 PM
Same issue for me with Windows 8 and flashing screen when trying to play. It works fine on my old computer, but with our new computer--which has about double the power of the old--there is continuous flashing on the top half of the screen. This makes it quite impossible to play the game any longer.

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Jun 8, 13 8:40 PM
I am having the same flashing issue. Are the developers working on an update for Windows 8? Frustrating not to be able to play this on a new computer. Number 2 works fine, when will this one?

[Post New]by calton on Jul 17, 13 6:25 AM
I'm having the same problem as so many others. I have a new computer with windows 8....more powerful than the old...totally updated yet the screen flickers in little squares to the point I can't play the game. This doesn't happen with Adelantado Two. Considering the number of people having this problem, it appears to be a problem with this game, maybe a compatibility issue with windows 7 and 8.. Has there been a fix provided yet?

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Aug 28, 13 8:11 PM
I worked with Tech support for several days and they never could get it to work. It doesn't make sense that all of us with W8 have the exact same problem with no resolution. I also wonder how we will know if this ever does get resolved since they don't have the list of games with updates like they used to. I never bought this game so it will not show up in game manager with an update.

[Post New]by s_a_shorty78 on Sep 23, 13 1:42 AM
Flickering screen on the trial making it uncomfortable to view - only able to play for 1 min so far - please help!!! brand new acer laptop so don't know what the problem is here?

sayakan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sayakan on Sep 24, 13 4:41 PM
I've enjoyed book two ad three, but this book one don't stop flickering.
The game it self seems to run OK.
my computer OS is windows 8.

Should I give it up?

[Post New]by vikedan on Dec 21, 13 7:24 AM
Because a lot of people are experiencing the flickering problem with book one I guess it should be possible that technical support is able to simulate and find a solution.

alsteele28
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by alsteele28 on Dec 25, 13 4:46 AM
Hi all,

With regards to the 'flickering' issue I think it may just be a problem with laptops with Windows 8, as I purchased the game on a desktop PC with Windows 8 and it worked absolutely fine, what puzzles me though is that the graphics card and specs are more or less duplicated from desktop to laptop (though laptop has more ram), but the flickering is now on my laptop. Guess if the tech guys can't sort anything out just to put a proviso on the download screen that this may have problems with Windows 8 and laptops.

Sorry peeps I know this is not really a help or solution, just thought I would share my experiences thus if anyone has a Windows 8 desktop, they can with fair confidence (at least in my experience), know that it will probably work with their desktop machine.

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Dec 30, 13 7:11 AM
alsteele28 wrote:Hi all,

With regards to the 'flickering' issue I think it may just be a problem with laptops with Windows 8, as I purchased the game on a desktop PC with Windows 8 and it worked absolutely fine, what puzzles me though is that the graphics card and specs are more or less duplicated from desktop to laptop (though laptop has more ram), but the flickering is now on my laptop. Guess if the tech guys can't sort anything out just to put a proviso on the download screen that this may have problems with Windows 8 and laptops.

Sorry peeps I know this is not really a help or solution, just thought I would share my experiences thus if anyone has a Windows 8 desktop, they can with fair confidence (at least in my experience), know that it will probably work with their desktop machine.

I'm playing on a desktop (with Windows 7) and have the flickering issue too.

[Post New]by rpwatsky on Jan 6, 14 1:56 PM
cannot get game to even start . everytime i try to run it , it goes back to the you own this game and i can;t get it to come up. am about to think i wasted my money.Help!

[Post New]by MED330 on Jan 15, 14 12:10 PM
I'm having the same flashing/flickering squares problem-Acer laptop with Windows 7.

hezzak
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by hezzak on Jan 15, 14 5:42 PM
I have a new PC with Windows 8.1. I can play Books Two and Three but every time I install Book One, the game opens and starts loading but then I get a "fatal error" message and it closes. Still waiting to hear from tech support - they seem to be very busy at the moment!

kes_d
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by kes_d on Jan 17, 14 1:14 PM
I have the same issue with the flickering screen. Bought this the first time round and worked fine on my old laptop with Windows 7. I wanted to replay since the new one has come out and it will not stop flickering on my windows 8 laptop. Good job I don't suffer from Epilepsy........

There are sooo many people reporting the same issue, when are the developers going to sort it out?? The game is unplayable in its current state.

[Post New]by Moonfiret on Feb 11, 14 11:40 AM
Flickering screen here, too. If they aren't going to fix it, are we just out of luck? $7 down the drain? Unfair.

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Mar 10, 14 4:09 PM
This is a pretty old thread, but I've just tried this game and am getting the flickering also. Is there ever going to be a fix for this? I'm running Windows 8.1.

Did anyone on this thread with the same problem ever get a solution? Or should I just move on.

CrazyLatin007
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by CrazyLatin007 on Apr 19, 14 7:09 AM
I don't see any solution to this problem posted, yet. Is there one? I'm annoyed that I can't play this game in a new computer when I was able to do it perfectly fine on my old one!

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book One screen flashes

[Post New]by ginsengdog2 on May 17, 14 6:00 AM
I installed Adelantado book one on my relatively new desktop PC running windows 8 and when I try to play the game I get blocky squares all over the top of the screen that flash constantly? I have up to date drivers and tried changing the display settings but nothing is working? Any help?

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 6:17:22 AM PST

Viola730
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Viola730 on May 23, 14 5:20 PM
Re: Game flickers

It's been a year and a half since the first posting about the flickering, and there's no solution yet. I just tried this game, on a Dell notebook running Windows 7, and it's flickering for me, too. I think we can jump to the conclusion that the problem isn't going to be fixed!

[Post New]by jazziwoo on May 26, 14 9:09 AM
YasperPtr: Null pointer ... game crashes and says this on level 9, im soooooooo frustrated

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 29, 14 7:12 PM
I posted a follow-up question on the developer's FB page re the problem with the flickering and here's the response:

The issue is problematic and it is hardly possible to fix. Sorry

So it looks like Win8/8.1 people are out of luck for trying to get this game to play on their computers.

Go to: