Monopoly ®

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

Re:Monopoly ®

[Post New]by stusue on Sep 19, 12 8:15 AM
Valdy wrote:So, because I bought my computer in Germany, I get the German version of this game. I think I will just continue playing "Trade Mania" then.

Well, Valdy, I also bought my computer here in Germany. However, when I bought it I asked that they install the English version of Windows instead of the German one (and had to pay more for the privilege ). So it seems that it's not so much what computer you have or where you bought it but what version of Windows you have. Or, as bfgBaikal said, what "operating system" you have, be it Windows or otherwise.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 12 8:22 AM
stusue wrote:
Valdy wrote:So, because I bought my computer in Germany, I get the German version of this game. I think I will just continue playing "Trade Mania" then.

Well, Valdy, I also bought my computer here in Germany. However, when I bought it I asked that they install the English version of Windows instead of the German one (and had to pay more for the privilege ). So it seems that it's not so much what computer you have or where you bought it but what version of Windows you have. Or, as bfgBaikal said, what "operating system" you have, be it Windows or otherwise.

Sorry, yes... that was what I meant when I said I bought my computer in Germany. It would be a given to assume that its OS would be German. Didn't know you had yours changed. You said "I have a US one". So I assumed, of course, you brought yours over with you from the US.
I just bought the Ultimate box for an extra 100 € and installed that so I was able to get the browser in English.

ETA: OK, confusion over. I know now what was meant. LOL

Edited on 09/19/2012 at 9:48:45 AM PST

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Sep 19, 12 4:08 PM
I haven't tried hard yet,,no time left..how is the A.!?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 19, 12 4:36 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and let you know that if you're experiencing issues with the text of your game being in a different language that it should be we're very sorry for any inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team as we definitely want to help take care of this in any way we can, and by writing in, this will help us better track what could be causing this issue:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you everyone!

bfgCimarron

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 19, 12 11:50 PM
cbtx wrote:Coco----look on the bottom (partially hidded by the task bar) for the option to get out of windowed mode.

Thanks cbtx, I'll try that.

Celticcoco

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 13, 12 3:19 PM
cbtx wrote:I wonder why this game closes the game mgr when it begins, and reopens it on closing. A lot of RPGs do this, too. No big deal, just wondering why.

Being a cynical ex-programmer, and noting other little glitches with these games (in Monopoly, sometimes there are ASCII artifacts or white bars in the opening screens, sometimes not) my nasty little suspicion is that the testers found the games would not work properly with Game Manager running in the background. Not all these games are tested by their developers to that extent - although now we can wonder why Fairway Solitaire's developers (heh heh) didn't...or perhaps they just didn't want to bother with the extra work it'd take with such an old game?

[Post New]by Gawie1 on Oct 18, 12 7:44 AM
i want my monopoly cheat when I am frustrated or mad at the world I want to cheat and crook and be the damn bad guy so how can I get a million bucks on monopoly and buy the whole board before any body else and say yes I WON

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 21, 12 9:21 AM
Gawie1 wrote:i want my monopoly cheat when I am frustrated or mad at the world I want to cheat and crook and be the damn bad guy so how can I get a million bucks on monopoly and buy the whole board before any body else and say yes I WON

The only way I know for you to accomplish this goal is to go buy the board game, although I don't think it has a million bucks. Then just grab all the property cards and all the money and put hotels on everything and have the other pieces roll until they hit your property, at which point they will be bankrupt due to having no money.

If you want an easy win without a cheat in this game, turn on sleight of hand tricks, change the house rules to max your starting money, select Very Easy level, and play against a single AI player.

BadWhippet
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by BadWhippet on Feb 17, 13 4:49 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and confirm that the version that is installed, is dictated by your operating system during download.

If you have the incorrect version, please get in touch with <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> so we can provide some more specific help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

This isn't quite the problem.

My version IS the UK version (all the place-names on the board are the UK's "Old Kent Road" etc). However, the game is using American names to trade, offering us a place we've never heard of in excchange for another we've not heard of).

This is actually an older bug that has already been fixed in the Android/Blackberry app versions (although the Chance cards still use American names like "Go To Reading Road..." but those are bearable). Trading is really, really difficult with this version though. It's not the version of the game at fault; that's correctly detected, but the game is using the wrong property cards when trading.

Edited on 02/17/2013 at 4:49:33 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 6, 13 9:07 PM
cbtx wrote:Here's a question----in this game, Mediterranean and Baltic are shown (and even mentioned in the game) as the brown properties----haven't they always been royal purple? Or did they change that? Just curious.
It's a change the hard copy board did make at some point.

If you're curious when, Wikipedia has an article called "History of the board game Monopoly" and there are others. In fact there's at least one Monopoly wiki. (No, I won't give you links. That's just asking to have them deleted and perhaps be reprimanded.)

Go to: