Re:Post any Monopoly ® technical issues here only

[Post New]by the3potts on Sep 26, 12 6:23 AM
I have a Mac 10.6.8 all I get is a white screen. Tried to unistall and reinstall as suggested with the same results. I can't believe I wasted coupon on this!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 26, 12 7:25 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sforet71 - It sounds like your computer like the drivers on your computer could need a little update before the game can be played properly. You can easily find some steps on how to do that here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

the3potts - It could be that your Mac also needs some updates to be able to display the game properly. If you click on the game i posted above you will also find the steps on how to do that.

If you find that these steps don't solve your problem, I would advise that you get in touch with our Tech Support and to include a Dr. Felix report with your message. This way they'll have all information right at hand and can help you even faster.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

Errors in game

[Post New]by tlserrato on Sep 27, 12 6:59 AM
I love the graphics and I am enjoying playing the game. However, there have been many times when the game "cheats." For example, I was just playing it and the computer rolled a 6, yet it moved 7 spaces. It has happened on my dice at times, too. The dice will show one number, but the computer will move a different number. I assume it's a graphic error, but it is annoying.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 27, 12 7:16 AM
Heya tlserrato,

It sounds like some of the files in your games are a bit confused. It might help to just uninstall and reinstall your game with the steps you can find here:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If the glitch keeps happening I would recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can have a look at that for you!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

yanasina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by yanasina on Sep 30, 12 11:30 AM
the3potts wrote:I have a Mac 10.6.8 all I get is a white screen. Tried to unistall and reinstall as suggested with the same results. I can't believe I wasted coupon on this!

The tech specs for downloading the game say is requires 10.7 at minimum. I assume that is what the problem is.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Sep 30, 12 5:16 PM
Game seems to work fine except that I am not able to buy houses/hotels. I've pressed the + keys (+, shift + and + on the calculator with num lock on and off) and they do not work. I've tried it in three different games. I have also uninstalled the game, restarted, and reinstalled the game. Still no ability to buy houses. Any suggestions?

Edited on 09/30/2012 at 6:13:03 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Monopoly ® technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 30, 12 8:22 PM
Yeah: Contact Customer Support, in the right-hand column here. If they can't solve it, you'll get a game credit; if they can, you've got a working game.

All you've got to put into it is time and cooperation.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 1, 12 5:34 AM
Heya Sheria,

Sorry to hear that buying houses and hotels doesn't seem to work.

In this case, uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help to solve that problem as some of the files could be damaged.

If the problem persists I would definitely advise you to contact our Tech Support as GeorgeTSLC mentioned. They'll definitely be happy to check this out for you!

I hope this is helpful.

bfgBiwa

RavynWytch
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by RavynWytch on Oct 2, 12 1:14 AM
RavynWytch wrote: I keep getting an error in game (which plays fine otherwise) that the game can't be saved, and maybe my disk is full.. I promise you my disk is NOT full...and the pop up in game is very annoying. Any ideas?
---- EDIT----
I wasn't very clear before ... my game randomly gives me the can't be saved error. I am not trying to save it at that point. I am thinking it's an autosave or something. please help.. it's VERY annoying.

I still am having this issue. Can anyone help me?????

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 2, 12 2:03 AM
Heya RavynWytch,

It's too bad that the steps that were posted here before didn't seem to help.

As you keep getting the random popup that your game can't save I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope and choosing Contact Us on the next page.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 10/02/2012 at 6:07:46 AM PST

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Oct 8, 12 3:39 PM
Same problem as a few folks with the dice being black. Of course during the demo everything worked perfectly but now that I've bought it I'm having that issue.

Thankfully nothing else seems to be wrong yet, other than the fact that the computer clearly "cheats" to make every possible advantage come the way of the AI (it's statistically improbable to throw doubles and land on GO as often as the AI does!).

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Oct 9, 12 10:02 AM
i have installed the game for the second time... first time i missed having too repair my micro-soft card and license... but the game still hasn't run... matter of fact it shuts down the game mgr... then says upgrade your graphic's card for a GL costs 29.95...from i suspect the bogus micro-soft sites...just had it do it too me again.....guess i will never know how this game plays..which is a big disappointment....oh well...for me.... wasted $6.95...........

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 12 12:00 PM
Hi OrionsRose,

If the dice are appearing black, rather than the normal white color, there may be a shader issue in the game that is causing that. Shading and graphics related issues like that are sometimes corrected by updating your video card driver and software programs. More information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know that's happening so they can provide some advice on getting that fixed.

gripes, you definitely shouldn't have to pay to update your video card driver. It may be that some pop ups are occurring that are unwanted, so I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team and they can look into what's causing that. Hopefully they can get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 10, 12 1:33 PM
Sheria wrote:Game seems to work fine except that I am not able to buy houses/hotels. I've pressed the + keys (+, shift + and + on the calculator with num lock on and off) and they do not work. I've tried it in three different games. I have also uninstalled the game, restarted, and reinstalled the game. Still no ability to buy houses. Any suggestions?
Ummm, possibly better suggestion: Click the + button on the screen, not anything on a keyboard. It's what I've been doing thruout. Don't even know if the keyboard is supposed to work!

[Post New]by ladysarajane on Oct 14, 12 1:50 PM
OrionsRose wrote:Same problem as a few folks with the dice being black. Of course during the demo everything worked perfectly but now that I've bought it I'm having that issue.

Thankfully nothing else seems to be wrong yet, other than the fact that the computer clearly "cheats" to make every possible advantage come the way of the AI (it's statistically improbable to throw doubles and land on GO as often as the AI does!).

I too had this problem and this is how I solved it. First I made sure I had the latest video driver. You should not have to pay to do that(I know that some people were saying they were being charged. Go directly to the maker of the card (sometimes computer manufactures do not have the updates on their sites) and they should have the update if one is available. Then go to adobe and check shockwave. Another thing I was surprised about was Java. I had to go to control panel and delete all the old Java and install the current one. After that was done, I went back to Monopoly and still had the black dice....so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the game. This time I got the Microsoft C++ run error, which I did not get the first time, but I let it repair it. And this time, everything works the way it is suppose too.

I agree with you...the AI does cheat . The only time I see it behave, is when I have the tutorial on.

Edit: Oops! Spoke too soon. I played the game, and saved it and when I came back the dice were black again. Back to square one

Edited on 10/14/2012 at 3:45:37 PM PST

[Post New]by TMcGill on Oct 17, 12 2:53 PM
The game runs but will only show a black screen....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 17, 12 3:05 PM
Hi TMcGill,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If your game is only displaying a black screen, you can first ensure that your video card driver and software programs are updated fully. Out of date programs and drivers can often times be the cause of errors like that. More information on doing that can be found on our help article here:

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know. They can look further into that issue and hopefully get you back to enjoying Monopoly soon!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by patinzhills on Oct 24, 12 9:26 PM
I'm running Windows XP and typically don't have any challenges uploading BF games. Until Monopoly! When it loads I get nothing but an interrupted red screen. Have sound, can see selection buttons through the red screen - but that is about it. I've been through the support tips on checking my drivers blah blah blah. Nothing helps. Is there a fix? Don't get too technical on me ... I just push buttons, don't care why they do what they do when I push them. LOL Otherwise, please credit my account for this non-working game. Thanks

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 2, 12 12:55 AM
dice appear black only occasionally. problem is solved by unloading the game, then reloading. btw it may be a shader, but it may be a sprite from the shadow? it seemed to kind of "fall off" once or twice so...

OTHER: all the tokens are missing their textures, tho shading appears fine. just the flat grey dull that is default with most programs you create a 3D object with. (i make 3D objects so...) or the game makers just decided flat grey looks like metal color? not.

bfgSeine wrote:Hi OrionsRose,

If the dice are appearing black, rather than the normal white color, there may be a shader issue in the game that is causing that. Shading and graphics related issues like that are sometimes corrected by updating your video card driver and software programs. More information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If that's not helping, please let our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> know that's happening so they can provide some advice on getting that fixed.

gripes, you definitely shouldn't have to pay to update your video card driver. It may be that some pop ups are occurring that are unwanted, so I recommend getting in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> and they can look into what's causing that. Hopefully they can get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by ellie_64 on Dec 19, 12 4:16 PM
GAME CRASHING, FREEZING, BLANK SCREEN

I have had the same issues as over half the other users have had. Mine worked for maybe one month before I got the message about Visual C++ or whatever. I worked with the Tech Support Team for over a week and we could not get it to work. We tried all the things I have seen mentioned here. I just gave up and hope someday they will come up with a fix for the problem. By the way, I also run Windows 7. There is definitely a problem with the game!!

Go to: