CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Comments for Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 27, 12 8:06 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:Sic 'em Coco! I've got your back!!

Okay! I'm gong - gonna get that nasty old doctor! Thanks, shadowfax!

Celticcoco

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 27, 12 10:53 PM
Well, I originally edited my post to include this, but I think it should be a separate comment as I thought my response didn't truly reflect my experience with this more than worthy addition to the HH franchise.
To give the devs credit where it is due, the first game was innovative in its time, the second an "addition" to the series, but this game has more creativity and imagination. This was one of those games were I wondered about how much fun the creative team etc must have had putting this together and seeing it come to fruition - and I felt the "fun" factor was evident in the game. (EFR was another one that struck me in the same vein ... I know it is not the favourite amongst the MCF fans, but it struck me as a gruesome tongue-in-cheek "end" to the Ravenhearst conspiracy.)
The animals were a delight ... the kangaroo didn't make Skippy noises , that poor tired-out cat was a worry until it headed off with its owner, etc etc. But I don't remember seeing a koala - I thought it was a bush-baby/possum??
I did get to carry and use my trusty tomahawk (loved the way I acquired it) throughout almost all of the entire game.
And I finally rescued Tim.
Now, what more could a gal ask for!!
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 28, 12 4:40 AM
Hello Ozzie! and other posters...

.... this gal could ask for one more Haunted Halls... Dr Blackmore didn't look finished with us to me... {shadow says hopefully} This game was awesome, fun, 'think outside the box' great from start to finish... I loved it!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 28, 12 4:47 AM
cathyok wrote:Same here Shadowfax! I loved the other two and I am so glad this one is finally out. All of this series is so well developed and laid out for us I can't imagine anyone having a problem with any one of the games in this series. To top it off, anyone who did not get the first two in this series can now get them really cheap. Thanks Devs and Big Fish for a excellent game. Happy Gaming Guys!!!!

Hello Cathyok! It's very nice to meet you. I agree, this is one of the better series going and this game takes the cake. I absolutely loved it and I still have the bonus chapter to go. I hope I see you around.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 28, 12 4:51 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey D-L-Oz, Shadow, Dobbie, Coco, Ginger, and other great gamers!

I'm not ready for a complete review yet, but I just wanted to put my own spin on this game.

It is NOT a "boilerplate," mediocre ERS offering, like some folks think. Yep, it's a continuation of a series, but what a series it is! Just because we're in an asylum (again) doesn't make this a "boring" follow-on. When was the last time we viewed a Kangaroo trying to read a newspaper? Fer shure, we have to rescue Tim (man, does he get in trouble, or what?), but therein lies the fun!

Graphics? Outtasight! Voice acting? Outtasight! Interactive H0 scenes? Different, but Outtasight! Mini-games? Easy (so far).

I enjoyed 22 minutes of the demo (probably too long for an ERS game) b4 I hit the "Buy It" button, and played another 1/2 hour or so. Perhaps more comments to follow.

Regards, elldee
Hello Elldee!! (both of you!) It isn't your normal Asylum in this one though... ERS really shines here... they trot out all of the talent that we fans know they have... This game rocks!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 28, 12 5:00 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
shorenuf wrote:(clipped)
One of the reviews for this game reads "I also hear that there is some tongue-in-cheek humour that adds to the overall story and is well-worth taking the time to read rather than skip over. Thanks ERS for this added fun." How is that a review? However, in fairness to DragonLadyOz, that commentary would make me curious to demo the game.

LOL shorenuf, I'm amazed that my entry is still there!!Cheers

Hahaha... thanks for the plug Ozzie.... Cheerios!

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Sep 29, 12 1:31 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
DashGamesAddict wrote:I haven't played the first two games, but they are waiting for me. Three Haunted Hill Games to play...can't wait.
And the first two are in sale!

^^ I saw, but I bought them before the sale.

Was the download for the third game slow for anyone else?

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 30, 12 1:36 PM
I have loved all of the Haunted Halls games. I am particularly enjoying this one because I can figure it out without using the strategy guide. I find the older I get the harder that is for me to accomplish. This game is a bit different than anything else I've done and that in itself is amazing considering how many games I have.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 30, 12 11:15 PM
i love these dev's also, probably have more of their games than any other but this one is tricky. kangaroos in the asylum, well, why not? now i am stuck in chicago, came to the f's to see if anyone else had this prob, doesn't seem so. found a new update to download (that always cracks me up) so it wasn't a wasted trip. i did try to get back to chi town but apparently i would have to start over cuz it kept telling me i needed another of those objects to insert. back to gaming, night all...

[Post New]by playermimi602 on Oct 1, 12 12:59 PM
Love love love this series. I was so happy to see a third part! I am more of a TM fan than a HOG fan, but I love playing a good HOG every now and then. This is one of the best games IMO.

[Post New]by monkeyboy616 on Oct 14, 12 1:56 PM
I love Haunted Halls but I am not sure whether it is worth buying collectors edition. Would be grateful for some opinions

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Nov 2, 12 3:42 PM
You know a game has got to be good when I'm snarling at the computer screen (every time I see the baddie) and making obscene gestures. I'm glad no one can see me through my office window!

Excellent game!

[Post New]by luckydiamond57 on Nov 19, 12 1:27 AM
I really loved this game. I really hope Tim can stop getting kidnapped tho, what a ding dong!!! I wonder if there will be a sequel? This series is one of my favorites from ERS and I loved the half off sale this weekend, thanks big fish and thanks fishies for all of the great comments and advice to help make the gaming experience so much more fun.

Go to: