WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 16, 09 7:58 AM
I'm not really sure how many times I clicked on each one. I think I went from either side and then to the middle, then tried again just to make sure I had them all. I clicked ok after each one because I'm not sure it registers as another click if you don't release it first by clicking the ok. Good luck!

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Feb 16, 09 8:18 AM
Hmm...so, I should click one after another or can I just keep clicking on one until it goes away?

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Feb 16, 09 12:43 PM
I'm at 94% for gem/jewels and am at a lost for finding them all.

kilbride
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kilbride on Feb 16, 09 4:20 PM
any help with the purple towers you have to activate all at the same time in comet
crash site maybe i am just slow have been trying for hours is there a order or a trick

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 16, 09 4:30 PM
I did a walkthru video which shows me trying twice to get the purple columns before I get them on the third. You have to be quick. Use the mini map to switch between columns. Don't use your mouse on the large map to move around. You won't make it.

purpleta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by purpleta on Feb 16, 09 8:25 PM
in temple island you said put in yhe colors of the temples from worship island and it will give you 3 chest of gems
i did it every way possiable and it didn't give me anything what am i doing wrong

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 17, 09 11:41 AM
The colors of the fires on Worship Island from left to right are as followed

Red, blue, yellow, violet and green

Input those colors.

[Post New]by genealogyjones on Feb 19, 09 6:31 PM
Man Alive.....what game have I been playing???????? Reading this walk through tells me I haven't got a clue.........eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 19, 09 6:46 PM
By the third time, you start getting a clue. At least I can act like I have a clue.

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Feb 21, 09 8:19 AM
DoobieBear - First let me say that without the walkthru, I would have been totally lost. So many, many thanks.

That said - I did find some differences (or just additional clarification) in your walkthru and my actual game-play. First - I have Version 1.02 (and that may make a difference), and I have 21 gems on every level, including Tetala, Volcano, and Comet Crash Site. Total gems by end of game - 441 out of 440. (According to end-of-game stats, once I FINALLY finished.)

Skull Island - sometimes when I play, the designs for the Wiseman are in the NE section, sometimes in the SW as you mentioned. It seems to vary. (As I am now on my 5th run-thru of the game, and have found the designs in the NE skeleton camp 4 times.)

Lonely Iceberg - (clarification) Actually comes before Yeti Island, not after. While gem-hunting, take Aruku & Goro to the very edges of the island to find most of the gems. There are no scouts here, so you won't be able to swim around it later

Comment - The Yetis are so CUTE! Can anybody make me a Yeti doll?

Cradle of the North - the island to the east where the pendant is - I missed this the first 3 times thru, before I finally figured out that the scouts can WALK to the island, over a tiny sandbar that starts where the penguins are. You have better eyes that I do, that's for sure! However, you forgot to mention that the World Seal blows up after you activate it & you get attacked. (I know - if you take ALL of the surprise out, where's the fun?)

Scorched Island - easist way I found to kill the dragons was to build an arrow tower below the Frost Idol BEFORE I was asked to kill them.

My strategy for Volcano Island for anyone who wants it - a line of towers along the north shoreline, THEN lure some of the Shades out to play. The 3rd rusty sword from the Enchanted Skeleton (in the middle eastern area) is where the King Shade will appear, so have all of your defenses ready before killing it.

Beetle Island fire puzzle - click on it until you have only one fire lit, then click to the left and the right of the lit one. Voila, all lit. My strategy for killing the King Beetle - as you said, a lot of shamen, but also - towers all around the bottom right beetle hole & put the battle flag there. Then extend the line of towers to the top right beetle hole. The first time I played, it took me better than 2 hours of actual fighting to kill the King Beetle. After that, it's usually taken me between 20 - 30 minutes,

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Feb 21, 09 8:34 AM
Beetle Island (cont) depending on how long it takes the King Beetle to come out & play.

Shark - the last two turtle shells are on the center island. You'll have to swim there, time the rounds of the two shark groups to try & get thru. TIP: Once your scouts have swum part-way there, if they get eaten by sharks, on their next try you can pick them up and drag them closer - at least as far as they got before. (If the scout turns red, you dragged them somewhere they can't go yet.)

Island of Worship - Circles of red dots - I couldn't manage to drag Aruku or Goru to any of the circles before my builders were done. I found an alternate solution in another walk-thru. Build a hut in the upper two circles (for the right one, you build just above the circle). Place your scout flag & battle flag in the lower two circles. You may have to drag a worker into the upper right circle, but the ones in the upper left will just mill around where you want them to be.

Three temples - only the center one gives gems, and you have to click on the TOP.

Comet Crash Site - when using the dark totems to destroy the light ones, I found that if you look at the totem on the purple crystal, you can make out which one it is. Use the corresponding totem from below to destroy the crystal.

Dolphin = Shark
Lizard = Snake
Seagull = Crow
Monkey = Lion
Bear = Wolf
Whale = Beetle

peach23
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by peach23 on Feb 21, 09 8:37 AM
Guardian Moon light puzzle - you can change any one light by clcking on each of the other lights in its row & column.

BTW - Inside the Comet, what happens when you feed all of your people to the four pits? I notice you mentioned that as one of the possible endings, but I haven't tried it.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 21, 09 11:30 AM
Correction. It doesn't matter which light totem you used to destroy the dark totems. Trust me any of them work on the dark totems.

If you doubt it, watch the video walkthru I made on that island on You Tube.

And for Lonely Iceberg, you can do it anytime you want. There really is no specific time you need to do it. It is a secret level.

The 3rd skeleton sword doesn't come from the place where the King Shade appears if you attack every pyramid and save the pyramid where the King Shade appears for last. (watch the video I made on You Tube for verification)

If you want the worse ending in the game, feed your people to all the mouths.

Edited on 02/21/2009 at 11:31:39 AM PST

beadguru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by beadguru on Feb 21, 09 9:13 PM
Thanks for this!
I am so obsessed with this game, I love the fact that it is so complex. I also love the fact that I feel like I am really getting my monies worth with it .... especially when I have to keep re-starting levels lol.

[Post New]by TTaddict on Feb 22, 09 1:47 AM
Thanks a lot for the tremendous work you've done on the walkthrough. One question though: I can't get the map to the lost temple, unless I have five shaman masks. I've read your walkthrough a couple of times, but I can't see where the fifth mask is. You only mention four.
Could you please tell us, on which islands all the masks are? THX!!!

[Post New]by cjsplinter on Feb 22, 09 9:41 AM
I cannot figure out how/where I get the ability to make a thunder tower. You need one for Scorched Island.

Also I cannot find lightning bolts on Mist Island. Any clues?

thanks

Nevermind...I got it. Of course these two are linked. But I am still missing a treasure. The large object in the top right corner. Any help on that?
Thanks for the other tips on here.

Edited on 02/22/2009 at 1:40:03 PM PST

_Mel_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by _Mel_ on Feb 22, 09 10:07 AM
i don't find the last pinapple for active the idol, pleas help me!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 22, 09 11:48 AM
You can either go to Dinishanti website or watch the videos I made for Shark Island on You Tube. I know Dinishanti has a seperate walkthru on just the fruit.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 23, 09 8:21 AM
Hi TTaddict! The mask I forgot to include in the walkthrough is on Volcano Island. I couldn't find a reference to it in my notes because the cats managed to tear up some of the pages, but if you need more assistance finding it I'll be happy to play it through to that island again. Please let me know!

Hi Cjsplinter! The treasure in the top right is found on Guardian Moon. So you'll only be able to get it once you have 100% of the gems.

To both of you........welcome to the forum!

Peach, you've given some good tips! I'm one of those people that don't want to spoil endings. Cradle of the North is an "ending" if you're playing the game for the first time. You don't realize there's more to it until after you finish. It's also why I didn't give more clues in the real ending. That's just personal preference on my part.

Joy5752
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Joy5752 on Feb 23, 09 4:54 PM
On the Island of Worship, I, too am only getting gems from the middle temple. Is that correct or do I need to click my brains out on the other two some more?

I'm at 93% and am up to Island of Worship still searching for gems...still have a few levels to look through again. It's frustrating because I have Vista and can NOT get to the dat files to find out what levels I need to get the gems that I've missed. I'm doing every single level and making the scouts swim all the black away...except Mist Island which is impossible anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so addicted to this game that I am staying up all night and that's not really good! LOL!

Go to: