Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Where Angels Cry here!

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Oct 9, 12 2:06 PM
I was really looking forward to a game with Angels, have seen good comments. I guess I'll have to wait for the walk through to see if it contains occult items as the trial only lasted 15 minutes and five of those was setup, and video. I'm not sure why the game ended so abruptly. After playing for 15 minutes I paused the game to tend to something and when I came back about 8 minutes later the trial had ended. I noticed there was a new release later then the one I downloaded so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled but it still shows trial expired. Thought I should let you know.

Thank you for coming to the forums it is appreciated.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 10, 12 8:09 PM
I bought this game because I thought the update took care of the problem with signing in but unfortunately it did not. The developers said they are working on it. Oh, well.

possumb
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by possumb on Oct 10, 12 9:54 PM
This is truly facinating game - i dont remember when I enjoyed a game so much, You are truly talented bunch of people - keep up your marvellous creativity! Thank you for Angel's and thank you for the amazing end bit!

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Oct 11, 12 1:55 AM
ivanbral wrote:
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I wish I could experience all of these nice things people are saying about your game but unfortunately, myself and a lot of others are not able to play the game because of a problem. Perhaps you might want to look in the Technical Issues section to see we are all having the same issue with respect to getting into the game. We are not able to enter our player name. I have (as have others) installed and reinstalled the game several times but the same problem exists. All of the drivers on my laptop are up to date and the computer is very new.

As I said, I would love to be able to play your game but until this problem is fixed I guess I will have to move on.

working on it!

Any luck?

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 12, 12 5:51 AM
Crossing my fingers there will be a sequel!!!

I hope you will come out with more games like this because you guys really know how to capture this subject matter and translate it well into a more serious game. Many games nowadays are just lacking that real factor that captivates a person as well as logic in the game play. I thought the end, for example, really added something to the game beyond the normal mastering a puzzle or finding items to complete a task.....i really had to stop and think because i kept feeling like it was a trick or setup so kept going back through the journals before proceding.....imagine if we had more intriguing game play like this throughout a game instead of just constantly finding this or that or use this or that to open a door...or make all the colors match in the puzzle...blah blah you get the point. i think many games really lack in bringing out that wow factor side of excitement and anticipation.

I hope you guys will keep taking it to the next level in future games because right now the game play for most games nowadays are soo repetitive and boring. There just has to be more to a good adventure game then finding door keys, solving puzzles and junk piles/fragmentated pieces to put together.

This was just an outstanding game please keep the refreshing change in game play and creativity coming!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Oct 12, 12 3:02 PM
I just want to tell you how much I love your special and unique games! I have played "The Legend of Crystal Valley", "Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix" and "Red Crow Mysteries". And now this new one.
I love graphics in your games, it`s so beautiful, love music, all these things together create very special atmosphere, and because of that I like replay these games, it`s a very different fantasy world that I love. "Red Crow" is my favorite from your games and one of my all time favorite games also. I`m looking forward to the second part.
Thank you for you talented games very, very much! Your games are unique!

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Oct 14, 12 7:52 PM
Loved the game. Great storyline, good mix of puzzles, kept my attention and interest throughout. I also finished the game without going through the labyrinth, and I was disappointed at that. Maybe it should have been an option for those who did, that we could go back directly to the labyrinth just to do it.

I haven't played your games before, but based on this one, I'm going to go look for them. Thanks for a fun experience!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 18, 12 5:44 PM
I almost passed up this game. For some reason, it just caught
my attention and decided to demo it.
When I saw it was by Cateia , I knew I would like it and
I was right.
Cannot make any comments that others haven't already
made, but glad to have a non-h o game that is adventure
without melting your brain. I do agree with another poster,
hate those "turn off the light" puzzles.
A beautifully crafted game with an intriguing story...what more
can I ask for?
Looking forward to more of your games.

Edited on 10/18/2012 at 5:46:57 PM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Oct 19, 12 12:39 PM
I will buy this game !! read through the forum great to have a developer in the pond with us .Never played one of their games before but this one looks good !!
Fascinated by the ending that maybe does not please some players !!!
sounds interesting !!!!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 19, 12 5:51 PM
sackese wrote:
ivanbral wrote:
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I wish I could experience all of these nice things people are saying about your game but unfortunately, myself and a lot of others are not able to play the game because of a problem. Perhaps you might want to look in the Technical Issues section to see we are all having the same issue with respect to getting into the game. We are not able to enter our player name. I have (as have others) installed and reinstalled the game several times but the same problem exists. All of the drivers on my laptop are up to date and the computer is very new.

As I said, I would love to be able to play your game but until this problem is fixed I guess I will have to move on.

working on it!

Any luck?

Still waiting for this fix.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Oct 20, 12 4:52 AM
@wolfrun_cb1: I have sent you a personal message on the forum about the issue, please respond ASAP.
---
kspes
Cateia Games

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Oct 23, 12 10:09 AM
Hi Ivan - Just finished your wonderful game. I found it thoroughly enjoyable and "outside the box". My only complaint is that it was too short and the ending left me hanging. Perhaps a sequel is in the future???? Also, the "Italian" accents had a bit of a "Russian" flavor -- Just sayin'! Anyhow thanks for a really great game,

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Nov 8, 12 2:41 PM
kspes wrote:@wolfrun_cb1: I have sent you a personal message on the forum about the issue, please respond ASAP.
---
kspes
Cateia Games

And what was the result? Can I play this game or shall I just consider it a no-no from you? Have you fixed the issue yet?

GamerCouple
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Talk with the developers of Where Angels Cry here!

[Post New]by GamerCouple on Jan 16, 13 6:20 PM
Ivan, you weren't kidding around. This is really an astoundingly beautiful game. You're probably long gone, but I wanted anybody seeing this forum to know: this is a really gorgeous game with a dreamy, watercolor style and music that accents the gameplay.

I normally don't play adventure or puzzle games but this was one game that really bucks all conventions. Instead of having HOG screens you guys came up with the idea of wandering around a snowy monastery looking for random stuff to accomplish goals, which is more intuitive and feels more immersive to the story. The storyline itself is so thematic I felt like I'd been transported back in time to "The Name of the Rose." I could just imagine monks warming themselves in the infirmary or heading to the garden shed to get their tools. So lovely! And I hope all HOGs take their cue from the excellent hint system you've made here, too. Contrary to others who thought the puzzles were too easy, I thought they were way too hard in places, but that's what skip buttons are for. I'm just not a real puzzle person. I wasn't really wild about the supernatural end to the game (I'm not religious at all, but it just didn't feel as cohesive to the story; I was expecting things to stay more or less grounded in reality and y'all just took off into the stratosphere toward the end).

About the only serious "con" I can think of is the game's length; it feels like it should be a lot longer than it is. I'm not sure how you'd manage it though. There's an achievement for finishing the game in under 3 hours, but unless someone's both really bad at puzzles *and* not willing to skip them, I don't see how anybody would need more. Still, the rest of the game makes the short length worth it.

I did have one question: I got the angel statues all collected, but nothing at all happened; it didn't unlock other achievements at all. I looked, and my achievement list still looks just the same as it did before I got the award. So what's up there?

Looking forward to trying your other games now.. Thanks again!

TedsMum10
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by TedsMum10 on Sep 13, 13 10:31 AM
I LOVED this game on the Kindle Fire HD! One of the best things for me was finding a game that not only had GREAT gameplay but had bright, DAYTIME settings. I am so tired of dark, eerie settings and this game had a wonderful story and graphics without resorting to terrifying ugly characters.

I got a scripting error message on the screen during one puzzle but I exited the puzzle and restarted it and it cleared itself. Apart from that, it played flawlessly.

Please keep this type of game coming! We are positively STARVED of hidden object/puzzle adventure games with great storylines and gameplay but ALSO with really beautiful, colourful graphics on the UK Amazon Appstore. Thank You so much for this superb, visual treat.

Any chance of some games like this in a tropical or fantasy setting (dragons, mythical creatures etc)? Anything colourful with good plotlines and intelligent puzzles but WITHOUT dark, graveyards, haunted houses or horrible masked/disfigured people would be VERY welcome!

Go to: