Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Elswhere73 on Oct 6, 12 8:46 AM
Only geeks and nerds understand ur explanation. I have done some of it. But I dont understand a **** of most of what u have written. I JUST need help to continue the game, without being an expert in the system :-(

 
Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Oct 6, 12 11:04 AM
Got about halfway through and I'm in the infirmary. I just finished a HOS scene. Everything has locked up. When I try to get to the map it throws me right back to the same room. I have no exits out of the room, so I'm stuck here. I guess I'll have to start over with a new profile and see what happens, but I'm not happy.

 

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cougar2000 on Oct 6, 12 2:52 PM
Unable to finish game due to white boxes on the bottle of acid. Which of course will not let me have.

 
bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 6, 12 4:11 PM
Elswhere73 wrote:Only geeks and nerds understand ur explanation. I have done some of it. But I dont understand a **** of most of what u have written. I JUST need help to continue the game, without being an expert in the system :-(


Hi Elswhere73,

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to work with you directly on any issues you're having with your game. You can get in touch with them by clicking right here to submit a support ticket via email.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!



bfgMonongahela

 
bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 6, 12 4:13 PM
Lab_Lover wrote:Got about halfway through and I'm in the infirmary. I just finished a HOS scene. Everything has locked up. When I try to get to the map it throws me right back to the same room. I have no exits out of the room, so I'm stuck here. I guess I'll have to start over with a new profile and see what happens, but I'm not happy.


Hi Lab_Lover,

What you're describing sounds like a kind of game freeze, so it may help to update your video card and graphics drivers before going back and restarting the whole game. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things straightened out, it would also be a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They can see what else might be causing the issue and suggest some more troubleshooting steps so you won't run into it if you do start over.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!



bfgMonongahela

 
bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 6, 12 4:26 PM
cougar2000 wrote:Unable to finish game due to white boxes on the bottle of acid. Which of course will not let me have.


Hi cougar2000,

We are trying to get things resolved with that particular issue. If you haven't already done so, please send a Dr. Felix Report in to our Tech Support Team. The information it includes will help us as we work to get things straightened out.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support Team with your Dr. Felix Report in the post we've created here.

Thank you!



bfgMonongahela

 
tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 6, 12 5:43 PM
Very strange... I have done all the H0 scenes without a hint (actually haven't used the hint button at all) and found the hummingbirds in each and have found the "beyond" objects in the different scenes. When looking at the "popup" that shows x-amount of "beyonds" found or x-amount of puzzles done without skipping or hints, I get one amount but the achievements page shows different numbers!?? I am on the bonus level but wonder now if I will get the achievements....kind of disheartening if not because I looked to see what the achievements were before I started the game hoping I would get all of them. Not sure now, and not very pleased.

The game itself is fun though....

 
Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Oct 6, 12 6:00 PM
tj1147 wrote:Very strange... I have done all the H0 scenes without a hint (actually haven't used the hint button at all) and found the hummingbirds in each and have found the "beyond" objects in the different scenes. When looking at the "popup" that shows x-amount of "beyonds" found or x-amount of puzzles done without skipping or hints, I get one amount but the achievements page shows different numbers!?? I am on the bonus level but wonder now if I will get the achievements....kind of disheartening if not because I looked to see what the achievements were before I started the game hoping I would get all of them. Not sure now, and not very pleased.

The game itself is fun though....



Same problem here. I sent a Dr. Felix report in, just to be sure it's not my computer. This after I had to start over when it froze up on me. Oh, well.

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 6:01 PM
tj1147 wrote:Very strange... I have done all the H0 scenes without a hint (actually haven't used the hint button at all) and found the hummingbirds in each and have found the "beyond" objects in the different scenes. When looking at the "popup" that shows x-amount of "beyonds" found or x-amount of puzzles done without skipping or hints, I get one amount but the achievements page shows different numbers!?? I am on the bonus level but wonder now if I will get the achievements....kind of disheartening if not because I looked to see what the achievements were before I started the game hoping I would get all of them. Not sure now, and not very pleased.

The game itself is fun though....


Well you describe it a bit differently, but several of us Mac players have experienced a glitch in the achievements. At the end of the game, having done all the HOS/Mahjong scenes without hints, their totals were 17/34.

More in line with what you are saying, I also had a similar glitch as above, so opened the game to see if my final count was 17/37. I had previously completed the whole game, had missed 4 beyond objects, and had not gotten credit for completing all the HOS. So I was awarded all the other achievements except "get all the achievements." When reopening the game, my achievements were corrupted -- even for recover all 5 parts of the artifact, which must happen to get to the end of the game. I also no longer had all the hummingbirds, I only had 14 HOS, I had not completed the game, etc.

Are you on a Mac? Either way, please let customer service know. Thanks.

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 6:07 PM
For the developer…

A small thing, not quite a tech issue I suppose, but one of the pages that applies to the bonus chapter shows up as a main game journal entry. (SPOILER: "I have found the cabin boy… " In the entry illustration he is floating on a log. When I was playing it appeared sometime after I got him out of the sarcophagus or after I dressed him.)

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 4:16:15 PM PST


 
kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 6, 12 6:28 PM
shorenuf wrote:Well, no one seems to have reported this problem. I am playing on an iMac, OS 10,7,5. I played 19 HOS without hints without switching to MahJong. The in game HOS count achievement window was keeping the correct count. After getting the hummingbird, I switched to mahjong to finish the next HOS, and my HOS achievement window went down to 11! The humming bird count remains accurate. There was even one time since the switch when no count was taken. I do not use hints.

I created a new profile and played long enough to have a count of several HOS. Then I switched during one to Mahjong, and my count was inaccurate again.

Anyone else?


Yup, me too, although I never did switch to mahjong. It's like it only counted the first play and not the second scene. Certainly a program glitch I would think. (I'm a Lenovo T520, winders 7-64 bit).

 
Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 6, 12 6:57 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
WilJul wrote:Well, this seems very minor compared to all the other issues, but here goes - I was not able to acquire the hidden object use no hints achievement. I never once used the hint the entire game, yet it said I only completed about half of the hogs without a hint. What's that about?!!!

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8


Yes, this might not be a major problem, but as someone else who likes to gain all of the achievements available, I also found the same happened to me.
"17/34 HOS with no Hints"
I seemed to remember that when you played a HOS for the second time you didn't receive a "message". Maybe this is the problem - the second time around doesn't count (which would be a programming fault).
I wonder if it was the same for those who completed the game playing mahjong instead of the HOS. It would be interesting to know.
I played on a PC with Windows 7, so it doesn't seem to be a gaming platform issue.
Cheers

I played the game 4 times everytime with no hints and no mahjong instead, and yet got "17/34 HOS with no Hints"...
what can be done?

 

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dgoldgor on Oct 6, 12 7:42 PM
VTCT wrote:I am having the same problem with the acid bottle and I did uninstall & reinstall the game - didn't work then tried under a different name & still got the same problem. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!

By using the 2mm from vial it worked!! Thank You


I also tried 2mm from the vial and got the acid. Thanks for the tip!

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 8:08 PM
Giliraz wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:
WilJul wrote:Well, this seems very minor compared to all the other issues, but here goes - I was not able to acquire the hidden object use no hints achievement. I never once used the hint the entire game, yet it said I only completed about half of the hogs without a hint. What's that about?!!!

ETA: playing on a MAC 10.5.8


Yes, this might not be a major problem, but as someone else who likes to gain all of the achievements available, I also found the same happened to me.
"17/34 HOS with no Hints"
I seemed to remember that when you played a HOS for the second time you didn't receive a "message". Maybe this is the problem - the second time around doesn't count (which would be a programming fault).
I wonder if it was the same for those who completed the game playing mahjong instead of the HOS. It would be interesting to know.
I played on a PC with Windows 7, so it doesn't seem to be a gaming platform issue.
Cheers

I played the game 4 times everytime with no hints and no mahjong instead, and yet got "17/34 HOS with no Hints"...
what can be done?


The HOS don't repeat 17 times, so I don't think that's the answer. Also good to know from DragonLadyOz that this glitch is just not on Macs.

 
vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 6, 12 9:04 PM
Mac 10.6.8

I'm also experiencing the glitch with the HOS achievement. The first time through the scene is counted, but the second time is not, whether playing as HO or mahjong, so you end up with a count of 17/34 instead of 34/34.

Edited on 10/06/2012 at 9:06:41 PM PST


 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 6, 12 9:31 PM
vingilot wrote:Mac 10.6.8

I'm also experiencing the glitch with the HOS achievement. The first time through the scene is counted, but the second time is not, whether playing as HO or mahjong, so you end up with a count of 17/34 instead of 34/34.


Really? It doesn't seem I repeated 17 HO scenes. You are probably right -- at least that explanation makes simple sense. Maybe I wasn't paying attention when the achievement window did show the number of HOS.

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 6, 12 9:33 PM
Giliraz wrote:
I played the game 4 times everytime with no hints and no mahjong instead, and yet got "17/34 HOS with no Hints"...
what can be done?

Goodness, 4 times! I admire your determination and stoicism. Please accept my virtual award for your effort.
Seems no-one can achieve this target.
Maybe I will try again myself sometime in the future if/when there is a new build to solve the other problems mentioned here with this game .... along with the oversight of the HOS count of course for both the PC and MAC versions.
Cheers

 
Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 6, 12 10:12 PM
thank you for the award DragonLadyOz...

 

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by judeejuju on Oct 7, 12 4:21 AM
I had the same problem regarding the acid bottle as others....managed to get it eventually by clicking slightly to the right of it...many thanks!

 
carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Post any Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolina67 on Oct 7, 12 5:26 AM
I'm having a problem with the game in the diningroom. The one with the guys fighting each other. After I finished it, it wouldn't let me get the pestel and just froze up. Now it won't go back. I can't go any further in the game. Anyone else having a problem with that game?

 
 
 
 
Go to: