lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 14, 12 10:27 AM
Good game. I especially enjoyed the mini games within.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Oct 14, 12 3:08 PM
I don't post comments or reviews too often but I almost always read reveiws before buying. I like this game because it is a bit more challenging than the normal and that may be because I choose to have a custom made difficulty level, which I love. I never (or I should say rarely) use hints or stategy guides because I love the challenge.

After playing HOG's for as long as I have you can pretty much tell how things are gonna go...lol. I'm always looking for the new and different but even if it's the same type stuff that makes up a HOG but the game itself is of high quality with graphics and vidoes that's enough to make me enjoy the game and the story line, of course. This game is very good. I can't say that I've seen anything new and different except maybe a few puzzles and the custom difficulty level option.

This game has morphing objects but they are easy to find especially because when you scroll over them with your cursor it shows a pointing finger or grab it hand. I do enjoy games that make it a little harder to find the Morphing objects and don't show anything when scrolliing over the object. But what I do is just look for the morphing object and not scroll until I find it.

Anyways, it was a buy for me. I hope you like the game as much as I did.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Oct 15, 12 1:51 PM
Wow, I'm loving this one, and devs bless you, custom game settings, that alone makes it a real gem. No need to expand on the great things about this game as others have already done so. I'm off to buy.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Oct 21, 12 2:39 PM
This was a great game. Wonderful graphics, long, long game and fun HOS and puzzles. I did not have any technical issues, unlike an unfortunate amount of fishies. I had a great time playing it.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 27, 12 12:16 PM
This is a MASTERPEICE to behold, just LOVED this game, it has ALL of the BELLS and WHISTLES and than some a five gem!

Take notice developers, this is what all Collector's Edition's should strive to be, full of content, AMAZING game play, bonus collectables, Myan Artifact and Myan Calendar, along with beyond objects and also finding and catching, beautiful hummingbirds ( which I just LOVE )..the way the hummingbird's come out and fly around, is BRILLIANT, so cool, the visuals are just stunning .

The game play is so FUN, I totally ENJOYED every minute, and was excited to see what was going to happen next, the story had me from the get go, and the graphics were awesome, if your into visuals like I am this game is full of beautiful eye candy.
I really LOVED the interactive H0 scenes, they were done so well, along with everything else, in this game.
Plus it has achivements,and lots of them, which I also love, the bonus chapter is superb, you really don't want to miss it, so I highly recommend the CE.
Huge props to the artist and graphics designer, so talented, THANKS to everyone involved, in the making of this GREAT game, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, it .
Oh I forgot to mention, the map, it was awesome, being able to jump from place to place was WONDERFUL, the game play just flowed, which is so important, in a game, for me anyway .
This GEM had absolutely everything in it, to make it on, my top favorite list, of games to play, and I will be playing this again, that says a lot, about a game .
Now that I have finished both the main game and the bonus, I can now play mahgong, another bonus, this has .
If you don't usually buy CE, because your not sure if its worth the money, this is a steal at the CE price, try it I don't think you will be disappointed .

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 9, 13 4:22 PM
this is a VERY good HOS game, can not get better than this.--------doug & lisa

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 19, 13 1:09 PM
This game was surprisingly interesting, great plot and engaging story, I love it from the beginning and I was not disappointed at the end.

I recommend this game to all.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 27, 13 7:35 AM
This amazing game is a buy for me. I rarely write a review, but I read them all and appreciate the well-written comments. For me, a good game has to have a decent story and this game has it with all the other many pluses the devs have offered. Thus a great CE.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 21, 13 11:23 PM
Wow! What a game ! So glad I got the CE !
Just finished it and was looking over the comments & reviews and it looks like I'm the last Fishie in the pond to play it [Purchased on 10/14/12 ]

Everything positive that the pro reviewers wrote is true, absolutely great game and found myself slowing down the closer I came to the end because I was enjoying it so very much !

[ Even though I missed 2 Humming Birds and 1 Beyond Object I still loved it ] the graphics, music, storyline, JUMP MAP were just great

This one I happily give a full out of a possible 5..
Give it a try if you have not played it yet, you may really like it !

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 26, 13 8:14 AM
Lots To Collect!
BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The intro to this game is an almost movie-like presentation, although not overly exciting. The developers could have milked it for a more dramatic impact. The voiceover, always crucial in an intro these days, is very good. Very much like a teacher or parent reading an adventure story to their kids.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS

The quality of the graphics is very high. I won’t go to the extent of saying outstanding, because I have seen better, but this game still works, that’s for sure. The animation is flawless. They do an eerie orange and green combination for most of the game, which I personally didn’t like. The music is indistinctive and pleasant. As I mentioned, voiceovers are good.

WHAT’S HAPPENING

The story is a bit different - always refreshing. We and our partner are transporting an arrested poacher back to the mainland by boat, when a strange mist rolled in, cloaking the approach of a much larger ghost ship. Which is still solid enough to totally destroy our vessel and land us on shore. Finding our husband and the poacher, if they’re alive, is turning out to be harder than we thought. (And will take roughly 4 hours to do!)

MAKING PROGRESS

I found the puzzles a little difficult at times, but puzzles are my weakness, so you may not have the same problem. These puzzles are a mixture of new and old, but are very well integrated into the story. There are 27 puzzles/mini-games and 17 HOPs, visited twice. The HOPs are what is noticeably interesting. There is all sorts of fun in them, including finding and catching 34 humming birds. To do this we must find and activate a Mayan artifact. We do this both times we visit. It is an interactive list, or we can choose to play mahjong instead. I found this quite a bit challenging. There is an interactive jump map and directional hint.

CE BLING!

I like this game’s bling. Bonus game, gallery, SG. Plus replayable HOPs and puzzles. Achievements, although not many. 34 of those lovely challenging humming birds to collect, plus 32 pieces of a Mayan calendar, and 44 beyond objects. Which were hard enough to find that I only got 2/3 of them. The main story ends well enough, although they did a line that makes it clear there’s more to be said. Bonus chapter is

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Lovely game. Graphics look great, the story is imaginative, the gameplay is, though straightforward, is not tediously easy.

Go to: