MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Comments for Mayan Prophecies: Ship of Spirits Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MinnieK on Oct 6, 12 11:20 PM
I absolutely loved this game. In fact I loved it so much that for the first time ever after finishing a game I went right back in, set up a new profile, and started all over again.

RustyGig
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by RustyGig on Oct 7, 12 8:51 AM
I really enjoyed this game a lot. Really wanted to comment on the music, though. It was just perfect for the game. Most of the time, I turn the music off, but it really added a lot to the feeling of the old ship.

[Post New]by Rocky_1956 on Oct 7, 12 10:03 AM
First, let me say that I really enjoyed the game, however...

There seems to be a bug in the achievements that are awarded. I played this game slowly and methodically to see if I could get all of the awards. Not once did I take a hint in any of the HOS.

When I finally finished the game, the achievements page shows that I only completed 17 out of 34 HOS without taking a hint.

I'm a little miffed about that!

Hmmm...
Guess I should have read the posts right above mine. Looks like this is a known issue.

Edited on 10/07/2012 at 10:10:40 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 7, 12 11:01 AM
I'm playing this game now and I just have to say that this game has really re-set the bar for what HOPA game developers should be trying to achieve. This is just so much fun to play, even if the achievement totals aren't working quite as they should. I love the fact that there are morphing objects, hummingbirds and calendar pieces to collect in addition to the regular pieces needed to progress through the game. Best of all, I was able to completely eliminate the sparkles from the game while still allowing for normal hint recharging and the option to skip the puzzles.

to the developers, and here's hoping they're already working on a new game!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 7, 12 11:23 AM
I'm repeating this here because neither the comment or my reply are "reviews" and the rules would likely remove this from the reviews thread…

damgame wrote:
The developers have nearly got this game right, except those black bars telling you exactly what to do in hard mode. Seriously?? Yes, they are helpful but we should have the option of getting rid of them in custom mode at least. Apart from that a good game.

Yes! Agree!! While the developers are fixing the reported achievement count issues, and the other issues apparently related only to PC (see technical issues thread), they should add that feature.

Yes, this game had almost every HOPA feature we enjoy. I noticed the HOS were only changed up 1 time to a "find 20" scenario. No put these items back in the scene, no silhouettes, no use a found item to get the next one mini game type, no fragments. Absolutely not complaining, honest. Just, by the 20th HO scene, I was more than ready to get those last few items playing can't lose, never shuffle MahJong.

This was such a complete game -- wondrous graphics, a story that mixed reality with ancient lore, levels of difficulty, tons of activities, accessible achievements --I truly wanted it to be perfect. I imagine that's why the messed up achievement count, and the journal page from the bonus chapter that showed up while playing the main game, are bugging me so much.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Oct 8, 12 11:15 AM
I just finished playing the demo and this looks to be quite a game. Although as mentioned in the reviews, there is so much going on in this game, that my eyes are rolling back in my head and I have developed a twitch in my lip! Seriously, if I decide to buy this game, I'm going to need Zanex or something!!

feenix

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 9, 12 11:07 AM
I'm really enjoying this game - almost finished with the main story. Mayan gods are awesome, lots of glowing colours, and thingies to collect.
Yippeeeeeeeeeeee

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 10, 12 6:58 AM
I was all set to get this until I realized the tech issues outnumbered the reviews! Think I will wait for a fix, really do not need the frustration (I get enough of that at work!). Hope they fix it soon. Congratulations to everyone who played without any problems!

Okay, I see that the update is now available, time to check it out!

Edited on 10/11/2012 at 4:17:02 AM PST

[Post New]by syndney1099 on Oct 15, 12 8:27 PM
I really really enjoyed this game. Well worth the price. The achievements bug was annoying. Could not get all the hummingbirds except one (most likely my fault) but the biggest error was the not using hints for hidden objects scenes. Never did and the number of scenes did not match at all. Otherwise great game. The music was great and I loved having so much to look for. I repeated the game under a new profile and the Majong puzzles could have been more challenging. Very simple.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Dec 6, 12 8:30 AM
I just bought this game yesterday because of the member sale on CE's. I am so enjoying this game. It has so much to do. I appreciate a jumping map because I forget where I am so easy. The music is nice, especially in the H0 scenes. The graphics are excellent. Thank you to BFG for bringing us this one!

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Jan 12, 13 11:02 AM
Just started the game and really like the option to skip the hidden object scene and play Mahjong instead....NICE TOUCH!!!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 15, 13 2:59 PM
Not the best game I've ever played, but a decent CE and worth the money

[Post New]by anitalaff on Apr 24, 13 5:24 PM
Has anyone had any trouble with a disappearing brush in Chapter 4, The Music room (balcony just off the music room)? I'm stymied.
I have a mask with a paint palette and according to the walkthrough, there should be a brush there to pick up.
Any ideas? It seems I can't progress any farther without it.

Arrgh!
Anitalaff

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 24, 13 5:42 PM
Hi there anitalaff,
I think the brush you need is found in Chapter 4, but you will use it in the Music Room (chapter 6).
Wiljul posted this is another question regarding the brush

*Go to the sentry room.
*Play the HOS.
*Remove the blanket on the right side; activate the statue behind it and catch the hummingbird marked in purple.
*Turn the pages of the book once; take the Pegasus.
*Take the piece of wood, light it on the candle, and use it on the gun powder to get the explosion.
*The BRUSH will go into inventory.

If you have completed the HOS outlined above, check your Inventory - it should be there as opposed to the scene in the Music Room.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Cheers

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 5:43:55 PM PST

Go to: