lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 11, 13 9:11 AM
it took us awhile before we got into the game, try it before you buy. we give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.------------doug & lisa ..........................

Frija
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Frija on Feb 26, 13 5:46 AM
The game is nice but i am at the end now where i have to help the boy and put the crystals in the machine. Only do i have 14 out of 15 crystals and nowhere on the island is one crystal left. I played all quests did all the hidden things but no crystal. Anyone with that same problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 7, 13 8:56 PM
Review based on DEMO only:
Incredibly dull game. Dull graphics. Dull characters. Dull HOGs. Dull puzzles.
Good music though.
Not worth the CE price, not even sure if its worth the SE price - maybe catch it on sale sometime or use a coupon on it.

Reading the reviews before I demo'ed, I couldn't imagine that the mother's unconcern with her missing son could be all that bad, in fact I think it's a good thing when people remain calm in an emergency. However, the reviews just do not do justice to the complete disregard with which this woman treats her son dematerializing before her very eyes. She offhandedly, and in a rather bored manner, questions her son's friend when I would want to shake the little s**t to tell me everything he knows. Same with the other characters, too many trivial diversions from the ultimate quest. It was incredibly irritating. In fact one of the characters even chastises her himself saying "You're son is missing! Well, why didn't you say that?" Why indeed?
Truly dull, dragging plot, dull dragging mother. I cannot in good conscience recommend this game based on the hour demo I played.
My apologies if this seems vitriolic, but I honestly could not wait for the demo to end. Perhaps a good starter game, or one for when you are really tired and don't want to think too hard, if at all.

Go to: