ilithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Bell Peppers crop

[Post New]by ilithia on Jan 16, 14 11:55 AM
I have finished 75% of the game. Now my patches have bell peppers. Game freezes and crushes every time I try to harvest them.
I got the mac version of the game.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 9:55:14 PM PST

Re:Post any Farmington Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Jan 16, 14 5:21 PM
Same issue. My game crashes every time I try to harvest Peppers.

I sent in diagnostic zip file to Customer Support.

Playing on an iMac.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 5:22:28 PM PST

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Jan 16, 14 7:11 PM
Just got this game, Mac version. The game does not like the bell peppers. Every time I try to harvest them, the game crashes.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jan 17, 14 12:40 PM
As with other people, I had this on my PC and thought it was a nice little game. Downloaded onto my Mac. Cannot play some of the games because they simply will not respond (i.e., unravel game) and I end up skipping them. I had to completely start over because the tutorial would not shut down. Why cannot developers get the bugs out before offering games?

[Post New]by naveena22 on Jan 17, 14 5:13 PM
Also have purchased Mac version and like others here, the game quits itself as soon as try to harvest the bell peppers, this happens regardless of the field they are in and does not occur with any other crop. will there be a patch to fix this issue??

[Post New]by lovingshiva on Jan 18, 14 5:30 PM
My version (Mac) stopped crashing only when I stopped harvesting the red peppers. I can play for minutes or hours and the minute I harvest them, bam. The whole game goes down.

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Jan 18, 14 6:41 PM
I suggest anyone checking in here about crashing due to harvesting peppers run the Dr. Felix diagnostic and send the zip file into Customer Support. The more people complaining, the more likely to get a patch.

WORKAROUND CRASHING ISSUE:

First try restarting computer and doing nothing in the game but trying to harvest peppers. If you can harvest a field then leave game immediately to save the action and restart computer each time you want to attempt harvesting.

If that doesn't work try-

Restarting computer, open game and lower price of peppers in Market way down.

Then restart computer, open game and harvest 1 field of peppers.

It helped me clear out three fields of peppers. Somehow changing commands in the Market helped… but required multiple attempts and restarting computer for each action.

Kind of pain to have to restart my Mac twice in a row for each of the fields and it didn't work immediately on every attempt but it did eventually work for all of the fields of peppers I had.

If they don't fix this issue, probably can't finish game as I think you have to level up all veggies to highest level.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 6:45:28 PM PST

AndaO
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by AndaO on Jan 21, 14 5:10 AM
RED PEPPERS crashing
I will try the work around. Am in the Mac version.
This needs fixing.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 21, 14 2:38 PM
Hello All,

Thank you for posting about this issue in your Mac games and thank you Heavenlyrabbit for posting that workaround.

I just wanted to assure you that this issue has been escalated to the developer and they're working hard to get that resolved for you.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgDeveron

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Jan 22, 14 7:51 AM
Same as many others, playing on a Mac. Games crashes when trying to harvest peppers.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Jan 22, 14 2:58 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

Thank you for posting about this issue in your Mac games and thank you Heavenlyrabbit for posting that workaround.

I just wanted to assure you that this issue has been escalated to the developer and they're working hard to get that resolved for you.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgDeveron

At this point, I would like a credit refund for my purchase. I sent in a Dr. Felix report over 72 hours and have not recieved a response. I ended up buying the pc Farmington Tales, so I want to be recredited for the Mac version. I have sent this request through email to customer response, but am posting here as well because of the lack of response previously.

therevbev
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by therevbev on Jan 23, 14 2:12 PM
Have enjoyed the game for several days - EXCEPT.... as soon as I reached peppers as a crop, I can't harvest them. EVERYTIME I try to harvest any field with peppers in it, the game crashes. I have tried reinstalling, but it doesn't help. I have the Mac version, but this is getting ridiculous! I have 4 fields I can't harvest, and I'd like to move on. Any ideas?

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Jan 23, 14 3:33 PM
Is there any plans to fix the problem for Mac users experiencing problems with harvesting peppers?

[Post New]by greengenes3 on Jan 24, 14 11:35 AM
Can't harvest peppers on Mac version. Shuts down program. Patch is needed. Can't harvest half my field because of this problem. Seems like everyone else is having this problem. When is a patch coming?

[Post New]by BernerPower on Jan 26, 14 4:07 AM
I've got a MacBook Air and I'm also having this problem. I haven't gotten the workaround to work for me either. Sigh - too many peppers...

[Post New]by silvriquea on Jan 26, 14 6:03 PM
Same here, Macbook Pro. Bell Peppers are crashing the game. I was able to get through a harvest one time, saved and went to the next field and tried to harvest but even after reinstalling and rebooting a bunch of times I keep having the SAME issue. Bell Peppers have made this game SUCK!

[Post New]by Ousameqin on Jan 27, 14 3:41 PM
Mac mini here. Having experienced the red pepper problem myself and reading the frustration of many, I decided to try getting to the end of the game (where this lovely couple gets their ….) by avoiding planting red peppers. It worked!

Hopes this helps.

[Post New]by SunnysideCollect on Jan 28, 14 6:31 AM
Mac version crashes every time I try to harvest the bell peppers.

[Post New]by Eluranna on Jan 28, 14 9:19 AM
Queen_of_Parts wrote:Hi, I have installed this game on my Mac, after previously owning the PC version and really enjoying the game.

Every time I go to harvest the bell peppers (only happens with this particular item) the game crashes completely and shuts down.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and all my drivers are up to date. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. Game is laggy, (upgraded flash), but usable. But it will not, under any circumstances, harvest peppers.

Any solutions yet?

[Post New]by BuhGuh on Jan 28, 14 1:52 PM
I have a recurring issue that occurs EVERY time I try to harvest bell peppers. I haven't uncovered any other issue thus far.

I could just leave them in the garden there; but, that's not quite the point, is it?

Go to: