bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 12, 12 7:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

Koffie99 - as Mr Russ explained, that price change is due to the imposition of a different VAT charge, as dictated by your location. You can find some more details on how this works here!              

Kickmoney - I am not too sure why your game is not operating as it should and although you would prefer not to reinstall the game, I do think uninstalling and reinstalling is the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

Busanee - Have you looked at our Mac specific help page here?

If you have already tried the suggestions offered, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Oct 12, 12 8:18 AM
I got about halfway through the demo and decided to visit the shop and got a black screen with the inventory panel at the bottom. I couldn't get out of the screen and had to manually close the game. When I went back into the game, it started me off back at the beginning.

Until this, I had no issues with the game itself. Really not up to replaying what I already played only to use up the rest of the demo period and not get any further than I was before this happened.

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on Oct 12, 12 8:29 AM
As much as I like BFG I'm tired of being told to check my settings, etc. when there are problems with games. I never post about problems until I've already tried everything to fix the problem. Since I've seen the access violation before in other games I'm well aware of the fixes that are suggested. With the number of different problems users are experiencing with this particular game I suggest the author of the game go back in and do some due diligence. I will not be purchasing this game until there seems to be some resolution to these issues. I've got plenty of games to keep me happy!

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Oct 12, 12 10:22 AM
I wrote my issues on the Mac forum and I tried again to find out what was wrong and the same issues are happening with another Elephant Games game. I tried going to play Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make, and the same thing is happening there also. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, Did the same with the game, and even restarted my Mac but to no avail. Please help as I have already purchased these games and would really like to play them.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 12, 12 10:59 AM
sixmilecoss wrote:is anybody having any trouble getting the dinosaur in the HOS in the lair? I have all the pieces in place but it won't let me pick it up. I clicked on the hint button to see if I had missed a piece but it just goes straight to the dino.

I had the same problem but found a piece in the bottom right corner of the scene that I hadn't seen. Maybe this helps.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 11:27 AM
AeronAoife wrote:I got about halfway through the demo and decided to visit the shop and got a black screen with the inventory panel at the bottom. I couldn't get out of the screen and had to manually close the game. When I went back into the game, it started me off back at the beginning.

Until this, I had no issues with the game itself. Really not up to replaying what I already played only to use up the rest of the demo period and not get any further than I was before this happened.

Hi AeronAoife,

When this sort of thing happens, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over that process in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything displaying correctly again, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can start working with you directly on some more troubleshooting. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 11:30 AM
Busanee wrote:I wrote my issues on the Mac forum and I tried again to find out what was wrong and the same issues are happening with another Elephant Games game. I tried going to play Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make, and the same thing is happening there also. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, Did the same with the game, and even restarted my Mac but to no avail. Please help as I have already purchased these games and would really like to play them.

Hi Busanee,

I replied to your other post, too, but just in case anyone else is also having this kind of issue with those games ~

Since you're running into an issue with two different games and the troubleshooting suggestions here didn't help, I do think the best thing to do now is get in touch with our Mac Support Team. They have the tools to see what's going on with those particular games and can work with you directly to try and get everything working correctly with them.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 11:31:51 AM PST

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Oct 12, 12 1:42 PM
I opened the box and got the gloves, but the box is covering part of the lock so I cant enter the suit code to get the ladder.Do I REALLY have to start from scratch????

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 12, 12 2:10 PM
Hi dippydebby,

One thing you can try is to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might help. Information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, you can also contact our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to look into what might be causing that to hopefully get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by anyarose on Oct 12, 12 3:46 PM
I've had the same issue as other posters regarding the black screen and flickering animated portions. I just finished chatting with customer support, and apparently there is an issue with the game and my video card. I've accepted the refund, and sincerely hope the developer's engineer a fix.

Even more disconcerting that nothing has been posted about this specific issue in the forums by BFG. I had already uninstalled/reinstalled, updated my Mac, and updated Shockwave and Flash before seeking help. It would've been nice to avoid the frustration by simply being informed about the potential problem in advance.

It's a real shame knowing that BFG would put out a game for Macs that will not play properly on a fairly new (less than a year old) computer.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Oct 12, 12 5:32 PM
Downloaded without issue, played without issue. Then I came upon a bunch of tokens, chose to go to the store to buy items and.....black screen with "Buy" at the bottom, no item pictures. No way to get out other than a hard shut down (certainly not good for a computer and something like that is indicative of buggy game coding, not the end user's computer). If I encounter problems like that (or a BSOD upon opening the game as what happened with the last "Margrave" release), it's an instant uninstall/no buy. Shame, it looked like a fun game.

I have an almost new Windows 7-64 bit computer with 8GB of RAM, Direct X diagnosis showing no problems and the very latest versions of Flash, graphics and sound card drivers installed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 13, 12 3:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

I really do appreciate that it can be frustrating to be advised to update your computer when the issues seem to be with the game itself and not your machine.

Unfortunately, we can only provide very basic troubleshooting via the Forums but the suggestions we provide are designed to eliminate easy fixes for the issue, so even if they don't work, we can eliminate those options as a possible cause.

Should we have any update on this game, we will be sure to update via the Forums and I would encourage anyone who would like to troubleshoot further or explore the other options available to them, to contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I hope this information is helpful and that this is sorted out for you both soon.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 3:22:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Rocky_1956 on Oct 13, 12 4:50 AM
It seems that a lot of people in these forums are experiencing the same issue that I am.

In the laboratory, if you use the screwdriver to open the box (with the gloves), the box covers part of the combination lock and it will not go away. This makes it impossible to enter the combination, so at that point the only option is to restart the game.

In my opinion, this is unacceptable and the game devs need to give us a workaround or a refund. I do not want to start this game all over again.

[Post New]by carpet5 on Oct 13, 12 1:50 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi dippydebby,

One thing you can try is to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might help. Information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, you can also contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a>. They'll be happy to look into what might be causing that to hopefully get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by carpet5 on Oct 13, 12 1:54 PM
dippydebby wrote:I opened the box and got the gloves, but the box is covering part of the lock so I cant enter the suit code to get the ladder.Do I REALLY have to start from scratch????

Ihave also the same problem with the box covering the lock Ihave uninstalled and reinstalled but it is the same what do I do now I have not had problems in over 200 games please help

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 13, 12 3:03 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing problems with the box scene, please let our Tech Support Team know. The more information they have about the problem, the better they're suited to find a solution for you. Sending in a Dr. Felix Report is also greatly appreciated, and allows our Tech Support Team to view additional information.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

pd18
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pd18 on Oct 13, 12 7:48 PM
Elf trapped in cage...with battery 4/4 and can't get it out. Anyone have this problem?

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Oct 14, 12 2:03 AM
When I experience problems with games, I do an online search to see what others are reporting. I especially pay attn. to sites where author is credible techie.

What it led me to may help all of us. In the last few days, updates were released to address security vulnerabilities in Adobe flash player. I went to that website and it checked to see if I was using latest version for 64 bit Windows using IE--it said I should be using version 11.4.402.287 and my computer is. I will also test once I am in Google Chrome--it is supposed to auto update flash player but I try to be sure it does. From time to time, Adobe seems to have security issues--hackers seem to find a vulnerability in an Adobe version and use it to get access to your computer in other areas. One of the online weather sites has the same problem--hackers use the site as a portal in.

Also, with regard to this game, some of you may have noticed that the pics on the game description buy/try me page are vivid, colorful, and defined--the graphics are superb. Does my computer have the resources to run this game? Fortunately, Big Fish lists on that page the minimum CPU and other qualities your computer must have to successfully run that game. I will leave it to BFG techs to comment on any graphics cards that are not working with this game--online I read that when this game was first released, it would not run correctly if a computer had a certain graphics card (sorry, I don't know which one or if the game makers resolved this problem before BFG offered it to us).

I am far from being a computer expert--just wanted to suggest a couple of ideas that might help those of you who are unable to run the game or are having problems with some aspects of it. Have a great week!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 14, 12 5:19 AM
Heya pd18, welcome to the Pond!

While I'm not sure why your game doesn't progress as it should, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could help clean this up for you.

If the game still doesn't continue afterwards, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by oddily on Oct 14, 12 2:28 PM
pd18 wrote:Elf trapped in cage...with battery 4/4 and can't get it out. Anyone have this problem?

I'm having the same problem, very frustrated!

Go to: