Re:Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Oct 22, 12 4:11 PM
A MUST buy for me. If you like the other Mystery Trackers, you will like this one too!
Another fantastic offering from Elephant Games!

Read the reviews on the first page of reviews for in depth coverage. I can't really add much to them as they are clear and thorough.

My fave things are:

4 mode choices. WOW something for everyone!!! Love this. Keep this up Elephant and other devs should take note.

SG stays on current page. Yeah!

Elf the dog is back!

I haven't finished yet, but will add my thoughts about Bonus when done.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 24, 12 12:54 PM
Except for a few technical glitches, this game was absolutely great -- the storyline was intriguing enough that I actually found myself skipping mini-games just so that i could get on with the story - how often does that happen? Love that Elf was back, even though you were supposed to send him into places I would never send anyone, without first checking for safety. Bonus game was also really great with a cliffhanger at the end for the next game, and it had some fairly grim things in it, none of which were demons/witches, etc (thanks, thanks, thanks Elephant). Loved that you could jump with the map, although I forgot I could do that until fairly late in the game, which was funny, considering, but this is a fairly long game, so I didn't really mind. Between the frog hint and the SG, I rarely felt stuck, which I also like. Bought some interesting, if odd things for Elf, which was fun, but maybe next time the chips, if they're there, could be more integral to the game. All in all, kind of ruins me for other games for a while, this one was so good.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 27, 12 10:41 PM
(crmystery trackers. thank goodness for elephant games. just the best devs. every game is enjoyable, hints are great if you want to use them. i just love elf and toad..pity not all games are as easy to navigate. just love them. thanks a heap.ush)

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 29, 12 11:31 AM
Playing it now, love everything about it as usual for Mystery Trackers games..except the awful, cheesey, overblown narrator!! What's with that?? Cringe-worthy!! gah!

Darklldo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Darklldo on Nov 6, 12 10:21 PM
IT would help considerably if I could find the 4th battery so I could let Elf out of the cage. I have chased down all the spots where the batteries were, not in any of them but still only have 3 batteries...

Where on earth will the 4th one be?

sigh

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Nov 10, 12 11:39 PM
I love all the mystery tracker games but this one is my favorite so far. I just started playing the bonus but if it's as good as the main game, I'm sure I will love it. I'm not really a dog person but elf was so cute. I spent a few good minutes just buying stuff for him and getting him to play with them. I can't wait untill the next Mystery trackers.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Nov 12, 12 7:16 PM
Have finished the demo for this game and am considering buying... great graphics, cheesy live action... some fun puzzles and some really ho-hum, been-there ones. The narrator reminds me of a 60s detective show, not very realistic or innovative. Something new, please?

The concept of animal hybrids is supposed to be exciting in this story but they're cartoon-y and mildly entertaining rather than scary. The morphing ones are mildly amusing but I don't get the "extra clues" aspect. What am I missing?

My biggest laugh so far has been a glimpse of a very old Canadian dollar bill. The little dog, Elf is cute I suppose. I don't like little dogs much and buying toys for Elf isn't as fun as it might be for others.

I think I'm considering purchasing this game out of mid-November boredom. Maybe the game will improve as I continue with it.

[Post New]by Overantiquated on Nov 23, 12 5:17 PM
Awesome game..lots of puzzles and interaction, great graphics, sound etc. no glitches. I enjoyed this and thoroughly had fun playing it. Would recommend.

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Dec 12, 12 6:11 AM
I only have one question.. How on earth have I not played this before!!

It was spectacular! Beautiful graphics, nice soundtrack for the most part, a thrilling and complete storyline, and one hell of an ending!

Love it!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jan 14, 13 3:53 AM
Hadn't done any Mystery Trackers until this one. Guess I'll wait for another bundle sale or special so I can get the earlier ones. This is another excellent game, although it's clear the actors were enjoying themselves a bit too much sometimes; I found it amusing though. "...enjoy MWAHAHA" to you, too!

Just in case Elephant reads these, privyet guys, I have the same old request - it would be nice if we could keep the jumping on the map but turn off the hints feature: I like to figure out for myself where I need to go to do something but I love to jump after seeing a location a few times. I'll be posting this remark on each Elephant game I get

Lip-sync...well, seems to me, although I'm no expert lip-reader, that the actors were speaking Russian while the voice was in English. Forget syncing that I wonder how it would go over if the voice was also Russian - makes sync easy - and the text was the translation? That way you can trade one set of objections for a new set Btw, excellent translations, Elephant, best I've seen in any games - great colloquialism usage and nearly flawless written translation - kudos to the translation team.

One downer: extra chapter came perilously close to being necessary to a complete plot. I can imagine getting the SE and finding the ending a little frustrating (so what about the Gamma plan??) and having to buy the CE to find out hits my "cheap tricks" button, if you know what I mean.

pat71896
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

I have quit BFG, TOO MANY ADVERTISMENTS

[Post New]by pat71896 on Jan 16, 13 2:59 PM

Pat

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 6:21:08 PM PST

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Mar 3, 13 7:44 PM
I like Elephant Games a great deal, this title was similar to others in the Mystery Trackers series and is fun to play with good story, graphics and music. I didn't find it as good as Lord of Statues by them, but their games are not typical for this type of HO/adventure game. The violence wasn't overdone, it would be appropriate for young people.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Aug 16, 13 8:32 PM
Just finished the bonus section... always love Mystery Trackers. This time played it without hints, and only had to use the stratrgy guide a few times for hidden objects I couldnt find. Puzzles were fairly simple, and the interactive map is wonderful, especially when there are days between the time I start and finish a game! There were a few too many hidden object scenes for my liking.... LOVE,LOVE,LOVE having ELF back, but wish the things we bought him were related to his helping in the game.
Felt like a few plot points were weak. Who is the women in the logo? Did we come across her in the game? Never able to figure that out!

Bonus game was short and predicable and would have appreciated a new area to explore. All in all a good game, but not sure it was worth the bonus content.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 3, 15 10:30 PM
This was an okay game for me and I have to admit that I was ready for the end

To be fair to the game, I had waaaay tooo many interruptions from the phone, doggies just absolutely having to go out :/ and the usual stuff that pops up when your just getting settled down for some nice game-playing
to be fare to this game I'm giving it a out of 5

Played on Desktop PC running Win 7/64

Edited on 02/03/2015 at 10:31:48 PM PST

Go to: