grammyo491004
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Comments for Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland

[Post New]by grammyo491004 on Oct 13, 12 6:12 PM
Hello Fishies,

Well, I saw the ad for this game on the BFG home page, and since I have all the rest of the Hidden Mysteries games, why not this one? Plus, it's about Elvis Presley, whom I've never seen in concert nor bought any of his records, shame on me. Hey, I was only 9 years old in 1958 and wasn't into "music" yet. You have to hand it to the King, but he did have a beautiful voice, was so good looking you could faint, and did have a troubled life. It's a shame that he's gone now, but if it wasn't for Elvis, the Beatles, Stones, etc. probably would've never come across the "pond". My third plus for this game was that I had a free game coupon and used it to purchase this game. Wow, who could ask for anything more? I would've purchased this game even if I didn't have the free game coupon. I've read all the reviews and think along the lines of "to each his own", but I wasn't bored, the movie clips and nostalgia just overcame me and Mama's song had beautiful melody and lyrics (I'd never heard that song until I bought the game). I don't care what anyone says, this 63 year old grandma loves Hidden Mysteries games and I really love this one! Thank you BFG and the developers of this game.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Oct 13, 12 6:22 PM
I came here to say how tasteless it seems to have a game about someone who died in my lifetime. I see that 50plusgamer already said it.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Oct 13, 12 8:21 PM
I am 65 years old and loved Elvis from the beginning to the end. I saw all his movies and bought his albums. I rocked my kids while singing his songs, and my 3 kids knows his songs. As far as the game goes I am very sad to say that it is boring. I didn't finish the trial. No need to say that I will not buy this game. If I want to see or hear Elvis I will take my old movies and records and listen to them.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 13, 12 8:36 PM
Hi there,
Well I have now visited Graceland. I have to admit that it would not be on my list of "go-to" places to visit on a trip to the USA. If, as others have mentioned, the rooms have been rendered suitably it is not my preferred decor.

If the aforementioned is fact, maybe this is why the graphics in this Hidden Mysteries game seem stilted and cartoonish unlike some of the others with having to satisfy the Graceland brand. Kudos to the devs though for conceiving this idea and being able to pull it off with the "official" approval.

That said, there is still a mystery to solve and some lovely "touches" throughout the game - the fish tank and Xmas tree HOS for example - and the basic running around looking for tools/clues are very similar to the other games.

There have been other games using historical figures as their major premise (Jack the Ripper for example), but they were well before my lifetime and not as "immediate". However, whilst I approached this as a game, the video snippets especially made me feel like a voyeur.* I know they were "OK'd", but I felt uncomfortable watching them. Maybe this is because of the reasons that 50plusgamer and Quietlurker have mentioned. I'm not sure.

Cheers

Edited to add: * I don't watch Big Brother or Reality TV series because of this same feeling.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 8:40:45 PM PST

[Post New]by daquari on Oct 14, 12 11:34 AM
I can't get 5 min into the game and it kills my computer.. I've taken the game off restarted puter updated drivers reintalled the game and it still crashes my computer.. I think this was a waste of time and money / or credits I know my computer can handle it because I have lots of other BigfishGames and I play virtual games as well and have no problems

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 14, 12 1:46 PM
hannah57 wrote:I love Elvis's music but I'm sorry but I found this game boring. It's full of HOs which I'm not crazy about. I can't put my finger on why I found it boring except for it just wasn't that interesting to play. No buy here. Plus the demo was really short. I had 22 minutes left and the game ended.

If you're not crazy about HOs, perhaps you need to play something other than a Hidden Object game? Yes, the demo was short. Any idea of the length of the game anyone?

Gail

[Post New]by dontop on Oct 14, 12 10:15 PM
[b]This was one of the best BigFish games I have played! It is relaxing and yes it's classic "old school" Elvis. I highly recommend this game to all Elvis fans or anyone that likes the music of The Ledgenary Elvis.

[Post New]by jean17 on Oct 15, 12 7:22 AM
I have always been an Elvis fan, & was looking forward to playing this game But, it takes too long to get a Hint, I have been to Graceland, I think they dropped the ball on this game, it could have been much better, it kept sending me back from room to room, and fixing things, If they have it on special I might would buy it, just b/c its Elvis.

[Post New]by pplishka on Oct 15, 12 8:25 PM
I played this demo for about 45 minutes and it told me it was done. What the heck? Why did it do this?

[Post New]by fawname on Oct 15, 12 10:24 PM
Is the full version better/longer than the trial version?

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Oct 16, 12 3:11 PM
Have played and enjoyed all the Hidden Mysteries series, and though I was a bit hesitant given the subject matter of this one, I gave it a try.
Although not the best game I ever played it was okay, and kept my interest.
I enjoyed the clips, the glimpses into his life...they were each like a reward for completing another phase of the game.
All in all I feel it was well executed, and a very good tribute to The King.
And yes, I would recommend it to a friend.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 21, 12 2:29 AM
Finished up the game, and I thought it was really cute, I was curious to see the upstairs of the mansion, but I guess it's not allowed to anyone who visit graceland,maybe there are still people/family who lives in there, I don't know for sure the reason why the devlps, didn't add the part to visit and explore , anyhow, the thing who really left me brathless whas the private resort in the Hawaii, a dream, really beautiful, but I cannot undurstand why the devlps. placed a whole pig roasting in front of the gate od the private pool, what's the sense of that? I found it tasteless and ruined the corner of paradise, I bet Elvis too wouldn't approve such thing, and the poor pig is also smiling happy to get roasted, if I knew thi detail I wouldn't got the game, I am quite sensitive about animal cruelty. Those late devlps, lately, are quite insensitive about a lot of things, and this thing hurts me, so please put a warning in the game , when there are such scenes, and they better apologize to Elvis for such choices!

[Post New]by ramblinbegonia on Oct 28, 12 8:08 AM
Not a very complicated game, but any one who was/is an Elvis fan will enjoy this game. It must have been generated by a true fan and is worth playing just for the nostalgic value of it all...The background music could have been varied a bit more, but all in all, I went back forty years to a much simpler time in my life, and loved it. Not for advanced players for sure, but beginners will be challenged.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Nov 15, 12 1:01 AM
I appreciated this game. I can't say I'm an Elvis fan but I'm fascinated with the man. America's cultural phenomenon and icon. You cannot argue that this man did not have influence in the US, he did.

I loved the video, it is our history after all. Plus, those who burn the brightest burn out the fastest. I've been to Graceland and the game stays mainly true, but as they said, it was altered to facilitate game play. Like it or not, Elvis' taste was "questionable". And no, no one is allowed upstairs. Not because anyone still lives there, but because that is what the family feels was the most private.

I loved the game.

[Post New]by gimpasaur on Nov 18, 12 12:27 PM
Just finished the game and I must say I enjoyed playing it..I grew up listening to Elvis and liked the idea of a "final un found song" bravo Devs now on to the next hidden mystery

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 13, 12 3:52 PM
I loved Elvis when I was a kid, even with all his faults. His music was and is great. I almost feel like I am invading his privacy when I am looking through his house in this game. I suppose I will get over that the further I get into the game. This is kind like the JFK game, you had to live through those times to understand what it meant to all of us. I am enjoying this game. Thanks

sheltie07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by sheltie07 on Jan 1, 13 6:04 PM
I am a real big fan of Elvis.............I just love this game so so interesting............
worth the buy..............

Go to: