meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Cursed Wedding Collector's Edition

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Oct 19, 12 9:46 PM
dancemom1 wrote:Okay, unlike in the movies, I feel that when a series is being done, it should get better with each addition to the series. This one seems to have gone the other way...really fell off the map. I have the other two Shadows and really liked them, so was very excited to see this one come out. I was a bit disappointed to say the least.

Graphics were up to par, music not bad, HOGs nice, SG nice, games simple and hint system good. Really got tired of hearing the wolf growl every time I did something. Once in a while is good, but not constantly. Game play was very nice.

Don't understand why people have difficulty with a wide screen...I never have. Maybe I've just been lucky, but every game I try fills my 20 inch monitor.

I liked this game, but I'm not sure it is worth a CE price tag. Especially when people are saying it is so short. As with everyone else, short games do not make me happy. If the game isn't worth the price, I won't pay it. I'm going to put this one in my puddle for now and think on it a bit longer. I may end up getting it if there is a CE special some time, but not now.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games. Thanks for the reviews.

I cannot believe how tremendously disapointed I am with this game. I have both installments of the previous Shadow Wolf mysteries. I played about 20 minutes of this latest edition, and then I thought maybe I was being to critical. I have the previous games on my computer, so I started both of them to see if I had misjudged this latest offering. I was not wrong. The dialogue is stilted, the colors are washed out and the storyline is questionable. Who would call their fiance Mr. Smith? There was no suspense generated by the intro to this offering and the graphics are really third rate. If anyone does read this post, please try the first two games. This one is unbelievably bad............

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 20, 12 5:11 AM
I did't know about this game. But I had nothing to play and bought this game. Glad I did, because it's a great game. The bonus is very good. The lenght was for me just fine and not so short.

Thanks BF and devs.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Not Overly Exciting: Cursed Wedding Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mrssharon on Oct 20, 12 10:26 AM
I only played 34 minutes of the game and thankfully the dryer buzzer went off and I had to finish that chore. Actually, the laundry was less of a chore than this game. The voice overs were that high-pitched "I'm helpless!" kind. And the fiance... well, he could have stayed around to at least comfort his bride-to-be, don't ya thinK?

The music was very Paris-like but it was very monotonous.

The puzzles were so easy, especially one that had the steps to solving it right on the wall, that it made the game really dull. Other puzzles were of the same old, same old variety that by now, we can all do in our sleep.

In the iHOS, the bright multi-colored items made finding what you need kind of difficult and what I would call an item looked very different from what I expected to find.

Overall, I did not care for the game (could you tell?) and I would not recommend it to anyone who considers themselves anything but a novice.

Definitely not Collector's Game worthy.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 20, 12 1:37 PM

Edited on 10/24/2012 at 4:07:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Oct 21, 12 3:01 PM
Played the demo.. not to happy with the content, even though I own the other 2 in this series. I must be like most others and looking for different content. Seems like ERS is just using a cookie cutter template on most things. I will wait for the SE and even then it may be doubtful, as the short demo didn't really grab me...

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Oct 21, 12 3:27 PM
Well, I must be a real idiot (as opposed to a fake one!), as I could not follow this game for the life of me. Thank goodness for the SG. The bonus game made more sense to me, as far as following and knowing what to do with what. I do love the Shadow Wolfe games and I did not think this was too short - maybe because I spent so much time reading the SG!! I thought most of the mini-games were enjoyable and again, I did NOT find most of them too easy. Again, real idiot??!! Anyway, I did have to laugh in the bonus game when Veronica says about her fiance changing "He grew fur and took on a crazed look"! I went out with a few guys like that!! The Kuola sounded more like a demon, than a Kuola bear. And again, I went out with a few guys that sounded like that!! I did love the fluffy kitten. I kept touching it with the mouse button just to see it go after the ball of yarn - so cute!! Even tho I had some trouble finding out what to do with what and where to go and use what with what, I had a good time playing this game. Go figure!!

feenix

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 21, 12 7:30 PM
All in all, not a bad game. It wasn't up to the standards I usually expect from ERS, but a fun game in all. The bonus chapter seemed to be an afterthought, but the graphics were clear even though the Hogs wern't up to their usual sandards. Almost seems like the original programmers hired some interns and let them loose. Having finished the game, I wish I had waited for the SE

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Oct 22, 12 4:02 PM
Enjoyed the game overall. If you played and liked the others in the series than you will probably like this one too. Also it's ERS so if you like ERS like I do, you will also probably like this even if you haven't tried the others in the series.

I have to say though it is my least fave in series. Seemed a little lackluster for some reason. Also for me it seemed a little too easy on Advanced or Hard mode, but that could just be me. I really enjoyed the others a lot more.

However ,I would still recommend. It has beautiful graphics, a good storyline, not too many HO's, more puzzles, voice over, etc. Good way to spend a couple hours.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 22, 12 5:19 PM
This game was just okay... not the usual quality I've come to expect from ERS. The graphics, as usual were fantastic, voice overs nice, music not aggravating, widescreen opened with no problem....

HOWEVER: The story line was completely predictable, not one surprise whatsoever. The game was SO simple that I never even used the SG. The puzzles were too easy, very few HO scenes, items cleverly hidden with some interactivity in each scene.. The hint system was, as others have mentioned, SO S L O W....

One thing that REALLY bugs me is that when I am in a location and don't have a clue where to go and I hit the hint button it says, "There is nothing to do at this location" or "You are wasting your time here." Well, DUH!!! Throw me a bone and tell me where TO go!!

I'm usually not sorry when I buy a CE, and have nearly everyone ever put out, but I really don't think this is worthy of the CE price. I highly suggest you try before you buy!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Oct 28, 12 9:25 AM
this is a good game just like the 2 before, but it is very short. we recommend this game to all HOS game lovers.---------doug & lisa

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Oct 28, 12 1:23 PM
I enjoyed the game and will buy the SE....I am pretty picky about CE's and unless it is a two for one sale, or an extraordinary game I usually pass on them.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 2, 12 7:56 AM
ERS continues to be my favorite dev. The graphics, the story line and the sound gets my vote.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 8, 12 7:20 AM
demo took me 40 mins, very simple. nothing new here, maybe as a dd

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 9, 12 8:27 PM
I played the other two games in the Shadow Wolf series and I must say that I liked this one the best. To be frank, the first game seemed to have little to do with the supernatural, the 2nd was a bit creepier, and this one was pretty. I had begun to worry that all ERS titles were going to be like Penumbra Hotel and Redemption Cemetary III with live actors replacing the well drawn and animated characters--this went back to the beautfiul graphics and emersive fantasy world that I've come to expect from ERS. The level of difficulty was perfect for me, I could get through most of the puzzles without mind numbing frustration. The hidden object scenes were thematically suited to the environments they were found in--not random "junk heaps" as some other reviewers have come to call scenes that didn't seem to fit in with the environment well. The music was good and I liked the fact that I could add the soundtrack to my game music collection.

For those who liked the more traditional, older titles, I'm sure you'd like this one as well. I like hidden object scenes and will never complain about there being too many. ERS has done a good job at not making one return to the same scenes over and over and over again.

A word of warning, those buying the SE version of the game should be aware that the story isn't complete without the bonus chapter. The bonus chapter itself is very long and almost a game in and of itself and well worth the extra money for the CE version. Unlike other titles, there is a definite ending to this story, which I like--I loathe it when the games end abruptly without an adequate ending.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 17, 12 10:05 AM
I'm sorry to see the decline of a previously highly regarded developer. For reasons already stated, it is a no buy for me... I cannot consider this as worthy of CE status, maybe as a SE, but as a DD I'd buy for sure.

E.R.S. really needs to update their vision for future games. I think it is really sad that a game house with proven talent gets the "same-o-same-o" reputation. The "s-o-s-o" reputation doesn't happen over night... It is earned over time and hard to get rid of once you get it!

I would think stale releases must really hurt sales, especially when competing against some of the current high-end publishers.

indigobuni
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by indigobuni on Nov 17, 12 11:04 AM
The developers have been going downhill for awhile now. It's a shame, because they could have been contenders with the top ones. I read the comments for this game and was waiting to get the SE, because it didn't seem like the CE was worth it.

However, because of today's ERS sale, I figured what the heck. I can get a CE for the same price as a SE. But .. and pay close attention if you're reading this developers ... this will probably be some of the last games I get from you, until you start stepping up.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 17, 12 6:50 PM
Well, I finally got around to playing the demo (SE) and I did actually enjoy it! I still enjoy games from this developer although I do agree that they need to move up to the next level. I was all set to get the SE and then the sale came along, so......I think I will get this one as a CE (only because of the sale). I no longer buy games from them automatically (as I used to) because they are rather hit-and-miss these days, now I am more likely to wait for SE and use PCC. Perhaps, if they notice their sales are down, they will actually do something about it. I liked the graphics in this one and the story is no sillier than the last one, I just wish they would get some different music. I also wish they would leave out some of their extras and instead have morphing objects or something to collect, maybe even achievements, anything that adds to the game. The music, wallpapers etc. are of no interest to me, by the time I can use them I have moved on to another game!

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Nov 18, 12 11:03 PM
Attractive HO scenes but not really interactive. Made my computer sound like a jet engine but I did enjoy playing it on a long rainy day. I do wish that the hint system was better than it was ("nothing to do here" is not really a hint, but I suppose that could be debated). The scenery was pretty and I particularly enjoyed the bath house puzzles. Thank goodness it was half price this weekend because I didn't buy it until now based on others' reviews.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 21, 13 1:45 PM
I very much enjoyed this one, after taking a a bit of a break from playing. It reminded me how much I love these types of games. This was typical ERS, not too challenging, but the graphics were lovely and I liked the storyline. I found it very relaxing.

As always, it would be much better if ERS would design their games in widescreen, as most other developers do.

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Mar 16, 13 10:47 AM
Game was a little boring, but the graphics were good. And either the Hint button should tell you where to go next or the game needs a map. But all in all, it was a good game and I enjoyed it.

Go to: