Zelda2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Reviews for Botanica: Into the Unknown Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Zelda2 on Oct 28, 12 4:57 PM
It was too short.I was surprised a collectors edition that cost so much was more of a mini game. Very dissappointed

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 6, 12 3:24 PM
I struggled with this game until I was about half way through the main game. It just wasn't keeping my attention the way I hoped it would. I started getting into it about 3/4 of the way through and started enjoying it. Lots of variation on gameplay and the puzzles/mini-games were pretty unique. Main game (which took me a little over 4 hours) left with a "to be continued" ending but anyone who decided to wait and buy the SE should not despair. The bonus chapter (for what it was worth) was finished with a "to be continued" ending too. I was really disappointed with the bonus chapter. It added very little to the game and was less than an hour long (for me). Throughout the main game you collect little insects and I suspect these will be made part of the SE too as there were none to collect in the bonus chapter.

Not worth the money for a CE and I wish I'd waited for the SE.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Nov 18, 12 6:24 PM
I'm enjoying this game very much because I'm so happy that there are no vampires, ghosts or lost souls to set free....it's colourful and unusual and imaginative...and the people, even though cartoons, are the most attractive people I've ever seen...I kept going back to the guard at the gate just to look at him...yeesh...

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Nov 24, 12 11:06 AM
Can anyone please let those who are debating CE vs SE if we will miss anything by purchasing the SE? Does the story continue in the Bonus Chapter?

Thank you!

Oops...just read JulieJay's Nov 6, 2012 comment which answers my question!

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 2:28:51 PM PST

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jan 17, 13 10:55 AM
Most players seem to like this game, but it wins the booby prize for me this past year as my least favourite game. I can't even say why exactly, I couldn't even be bothered to play the bonus portion and I couldn't wait to get to the end of the main game. The voice acting, especially of the boy was extra irritating to me.

The only positive was the lush graphics.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on May 26, 13 8:30 PM
I can't get enough of this game ! I have played it I don't know how many times, just to see if I can beat my time . One thing I loved that Boom Zap did was on the achievements...or rather what they didn't put in the achievements . Thank you for not adding a tutorial in the achievements ! For those new to the HOS sure you'll need that but for those of us who have been playing for years , well we know what's going on and to be forced to play a tutorial for an achievement just aggravates me ! Another one that is not in there is the skipping dialog or scenes . I can click my way faster through the game cutting them off mid sentence , clicking through cut scenes and not damage my achievements at all !!
I wish more developers would take notice of this . There are still two puzzles that take time I don't care how many times I played ."SPOILER ALERT !"
The mosaic puzzle and the synching of the periscope lenses be prepared to be patient with those ! The rest is a breeze and a delight ! So Thank You BOOM ZAP you're the best in my book !

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 9, 13 4:23 PM
I just finished replaying this game and I know there is more coming I seriously recommend everyone that shied away from this game think again especially since the sale is still running. I just had the pleasure of beta testing the sequel and cannot wait to purchase when released. Let's hope the Queen learns how to be a better person, ha! we'll see. Graphics are absolutely awesome for those of that enjoy this genre of gaming. Kudos to Boomzap! and thanks for hours of entertainment.

Go to: