Re:Reviews for Found: A Hidden Object Adventure HD Free to Play

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 4, 13 9:44 AM

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 5, 13 3:10 PM
I really like this game and find it strangely addictive. I haven't spent any money on it to buy diamonds.... yet!!

In the early stages, the energy meter fills fast and so you have a substantial amount of time to play and get hooked. As the game progresses, more energy is needed to progress and strategy comes into play as to when to use amulets, cake and spend diamonds and coins. This game then becomes a great "filler-game" - one you go to when you have a few minutes spare.

It reminds me of Settlement: Colossus which also has quests and HOS to gather resources.

Why does my energy not recharge over night using my iPad or iPhone?

[Post New]by Manal28 on Mar 14, 13 7:38 AM
In answer to that question, i have found the solution.

When you exit your game, you MUST close your game by clicking the main button 2 times then you will see all the active games you have previously opened.

You must press on the game icon and keep pressing for a sec till the icons start to wiggle and have a (red minus) sign on the left of all the icons.

Click on the red (negative) sign and the game will close.

That is the GUARANTEED way for you energy to recharge.

Also by closing all your games after playing helps your Pad or Phone save battery.

Your welcome
Manal*

[Post New]by Hickokwj on Mar 14, 13 7:05 PM
You ask for reviews, but little seems to have changed as a result. I agree with all of the comments (and complaints) but some were posted months ago and nothing has changed. No change in energy restoration regardless of amulet used....objects that can't be tapped because another one is in front, etc.

I don't understand the "bang for the buck" either. I have earned blue jewels by the thousands, so when I spend 75 energy points on an area, find the objects in under 30 seconds, and only receive a ribbon and a blue jewel, I get frustrated and quit for awhile.

Finally, how do you get the things you really need? I've played the pirate ship too many times to admit (100's) and I can't get it. Is speed related? I assume speed is related, but that hasn't been any predictor of the reward at the end.

Obviously, I love playing. But, I am concerned that if I don't spend a lot of money, I won't get the things I ultimately need. I refuse to spend that kind of money. If I am wasting my time as a result, please let me know!

Thanks!!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Mar 29, 13 8:36 PM
It's starting to get boring now. I've signed on three times in the past month. No new areas (having an achievement you can't get is frustrating). No social aspect. No new updates or announcements.
I'm beginning to believe the developers thought that freemium games were an easy way to make money and found out that they aren't. SOCIAL games are an easy way to make money. Ask the big Z, whose internal memos talk about "monetization through a feeling of social responsibility to one's friends". That's why they put these games on FB. If you let someone down, it's not just a faceless anonymous fellow gamer, it's your neighbor, sister, best pal. Keeps you coming back and, yes, paying if necessary to keep up with your "obligations" to your friends.
Without that, there's no need to spend money. Just play and play and slowly progress toward your goals. Of course, you can't get the achievements for buying diamonds without paying, but that's another topic about the psychological need for "completeness" and "perfection". That DOES drive anonymous online social games, but there everyone can see your collections, achievements and galleries so you can show off and have a sense of pride in owning more pixels than the average player. In this game you're the only one who knows how you're doing, so there's no reason to compete with others.

This game will die a slow, ignominious death soon if something doesn't give. Not because it's boring, but because we will all run out of things to do and the developer will not be bringing in money for further development.

[Post New]by ladyblingbling on Apr 9, 13 3:06 PM
FANTASTIC GAME - SO ENTERTAINING! ENDLESS FUN! LOVE IT!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 23, 13 5:58 AM
LOL, well I can't believe it but I took the plunge and downloaded this. Got as far as level 6-Explorer and depleted my energy to 3! I don't have enough coins[750] to buy a bomb to open the temple ruins to get the pirate coat I need,so guess I have to wait and see how long it takes for my energy to be restored,unless I go spend diamonds for food.

I do not intend to spend real money to play.

[Post New]by DragonAscending on Apr 29, 13 2:33 PM
I have mixed reviews for this game. I do like it very much, but due to some "kinks" it does prove to be very frustrating also. As others have mentioned, the time it takes to recharge energy is WAY TOO SLOW! Even the recharge times in other games, from using the hint button is a lot faster, and some of them seem to take forever.

As to the kinks, beta version or not, gaming is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. So far I've had only two areas I failed to find all the objects, as I was learning how the game functions. 15 others were fails caused by a glitch in the game itself. When I asked live chat about it, I was told to "give up playing the game altogether." Excuse me? I was also told that there were no other reports of this happening, when in fact, several people have commented on it in the forum. Games are also supposed to be challenging, which is why I love playing them. However, when I'm spending money on a "free" game that doesn't work properly, I think that's less a challenge and more of a technical issue which needs resolved.

I love playing this game, but in the five years I've been a game club member, and the numbers of times I've had a GREAT response from Big Fish reps, this has been the first time I have been given such poor advice, and left feeling the staff could care less whether I'm important as a customer/player. As I say, LOVE the game, HATED and DISAPPOINTED with Big Fish live chat and technical over the issues I'm having with game play. Beta version or not, play at your own risk and don't waste money buying diamonds or cash until a full version is released.

[Post New]by DragonAscending on Apr 29, 13 8:28 PM
Had to add this addendum. I got a recap from customer service on the problems I am having with this game. I have uninstalled it four times and reinstalled it again. The last time I even uninstalled the game manager and deleted all the files I could, even the game stats. I thought maybe I would give it another try from the beginning, starting fresh. NO LUCK! This game will not allow you to change players to even try that. When I downloaded the game yet again, I got the same game stats as before, and it's taking FOREVER to recharge.

Still no response back from tech support or customer support after I sent them in a Dr. Felix diagnostic. The game has a lot of potential, but I feel it's wasted with the way it has been formatted. I even wrote Elephant games and let them know my frustrations. It's a shame such a worthwhile idea, after so many months is still not working right. I'm glad for those of you who are able to play it without these difficulties, more power to you. I'll wait to see what customer/tech support says, but if it's as lousy as my last experience with them, I'm tempted to drop Big Fish altogether.

[Post New]by Lekkerdis on May 9, 13 11:04 AM
Still playing at Level 63, proof of the addictive nature of the game. And that's without any store purchases, as I believe a free game should be, well, free.

A bit of initial patience soon pays off as your maximum energy increases - this happens in increases of 10 energy points, either when you go up one level, or eat a certain scarce food item. You also earn 5 diamonds with every level increase, which can be used to buy food or tools.

As have already been mentioned, the potential items than can be found in any given location changes as the game progresses and your skill level for a given location goes up. This includes carpets and torches, which can become quite abundant later on.

It certainly pays working towards gaining Achievements, as rewards can be as useful as total energy recharges. For those with fast fingers (POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT), wait for a level-up, or recharge fully with a honey pot as food item, before using the crystal owl amulet, which gives 100% increase in energy reward for locations. Now run super-fast through a few locations (preferably those containing items needed to complete your quests) to gain stacks of energy, speeding up your progress to the next level-up considerably.

My only annoyances has been irritating music (thank god for mute buttons) and the fact that opening of location 15 was not recognized.

Can definitely recommend this game.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 19, 13 10:28 AM
I started playing this game the other day. It's slow to start, but when it goes going I find it fun. I haven't bought anything yet with real money. I don't take this game too seriously, and play it only for fun, so I don't plan on using real money to play. I own many, and I mean many, BF games, the ones I actually pay for I do have my expectations. I expect a lot more from those games because I actually take them seriously.
What little story it has -is fun, you jump right in and start playing on this strange island. You have a pirate ship, alien UFO, dragons all mixed into one. As you play, there is more to do. I stop after a while and go back to it. I use this game to play in a not so serious mood when I am looking for some fun for a while.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on May 25, 13 6:15 AM
After 6 weeks and not finishing any task (i.e. 8 repair kits, 8 live metal, 2 exotic flowers, 4 crazy inventions and 10 bundle of keys), I've lost nearly every interest in this game ...
Just checking 4 locations every day, which will take less than 10 minutes and that's it - no more energy (in every respect lol)

[Post New]by skenaga on Jun 10, 13 5:58 PM
I am frustrated that one of the achievements is discover 20 locations, but none are added after level 15. Another is the number of unusable dragon eggs. Why can't we sell some of our extra stuff to get the other stuff we want?
Plays too much like Farmville for me, always wanting me to spend my "own" money to play when I get stopped.

[Post New]by skylarit on Jun 26, 13 9:29 PM
Possible Spoiler's

This is a really great new and free to play game from Big Fish. I find the mix of hidden object, collections, challenges and banishments very addicting. The game is easy to jump right into and the different areas are well designed. The difficulty level is just right to make this game both interesting and relaxing.

I like Found except for the new the warrior lemute who is taking 20 very hard earned diamonds plus all of the other items and points just for a return of two diamonds and a food item only worth 20pts this is the biggest rip off ever. Unfortunately, I fell for it twice because the first time I thought it was a glitch in the update but tonight I learned what the deal was. I am really upset by this. The only other complaint /problem which seems to be resolved now was having locations not give you credit for finding all the items. This as I said has not happened since the update so thank you for the fix.

Outside of my initial complaint, I really do love this game. I cannot wait to see what is in store for us when the additional islands are available. I hope those will also be free be if not I will continue to play the first island. It would be great if it was a bit easier to earn food or more energy pts. so you could play longer each day. The length of time it takes to finish some of the challenges is also frustrating but that is also part of the fun of the game. it is most frustrating to only be able to play for such short periods of time each day, however, I will say it does keep you coming back for more. I hope in the future this game will lead to other free games similar to this one. Overall I give the game 3 Stars. I may give it more in the future if I stop falling for diamond loss, the ability to play for longer periods of time can be improved and if the expansions are free and as good as the first island.

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 9:39:59 PM PST

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jul 3, 13 10:18 PM
I wanted to do another review now that I played Found for a while and got to level 50.

This game is fun and relaxing, but can be frustrating at times. I do understand this is free-to-play -if you have patience -you don't have to spend real money in the game. There are sales to get coins and diamonds cheaper than they originally cost. I haven't bought any so far.

There are plenty of collections to get. In a few quests, you need to get a ridiculous number of collections to complete it, such as 10 sets of keys. This seems a bit over the top even for me, who does like a challenge. If you are missing any of the items for the collections, you can still "craft" them, and it tells you the price to buy them with diamonds if you don't want to keep looking. But the name of the game is patience. It does sometimes take going to the same location a few times to get it. The higher the level is, the more you will get.

Because I constantly find the same items all the time and have practically memorized where the hidden objects are, I am now over run with coins, stamps and other things you get for the time rewards. It would be nice to be able to sell these. I did my 25 for all the achievements, but am still left with over 100 of each.

With the new update, it does look like this game has a lot more things coming up. A new island is in store. I would like to see different types of quests other than the usual "Visit this place", "Please get this for me" or "Banish this!" However, doing these types of quests can get the achievements finished faster in the long run.

Over all, I do like the game. It's free to play. I noticed in a future update it might end up we can maybe chat and play with friends. That to me would be fun, but, I just hope it doesn't end up like an app-game, where you need a number of friends to achieve goals or level up. That would make me not play anymore. If I wanted a game like that I would go to a social website.

Seamoss
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Seamoss on Jul 9, 13 10:52 AM
I've been playing this game for a while now (level 100) and I still like it, especially with the new updates. I play only a few minutes per day (max 1 hr.) and it's fine with me. If you are the type of person who likes to complete the quests fast, it might not be the game for you (unless you have tons of money to spend on extra coins and diamonds). Here are pros, cons and suggestions:

*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS ***

Pros
1) Love the super-floaters (cook, fence, and warrior lemute), it gives you the opportunity to trade your umbrellas, dragon eggs, feathers, plates, etc. for some goodies. However, I haven't seen the other super-floaters that some players are complaining about. The rewards for the ones mentionned above are good.

2) Love the "max" button that was added for some items like the black boxes, allowing us to open multiple boxes at once.
3) Good choice of different avatars with various bonus.
4) Love the new food items.
5) Like the crates giving collections, money or random items!
6) Cannot wait for new locations to open!

Cons
1) While the issue seem to have been resolved with the new update, it is unfaire to have fail explorations when in fact, all objects were found. I have 22 and it is not an achievement I was expecting to have.

2) While I understand that it takes a lot of patience to play this game, I found the gifts to be too hard to obtain. The assassin is no longer giving handcuffs for the prisoner and the prisoner is rarely giving gift now (no matter which avatar you use). Only a few locations are offering gifts. Please see suggestions for obtaining more gifts and ribbons.

Suggestions
1) I would limite the trading items for super floaters to the ones that are abundant, not the ones that you desperately need for a collection or to banish/barter other floaters. For example, the spot light shouldn't be required since it is needed to banish the ghost.

2) I would add the banishment/barting of super-floaters as achievements with rewards such as a number of the following items: torches, carpets, ribbons, gifts, scissors, handcuffs, arrows, horns, etc. For example, banish 5 fences and obtain 10 gifts.

3) While it is beneficial for some amulets to remain active after closing the game (snake, dragon), it is not for the other amulets. It would be nice to fix this.

4) I would increase the rewards for some collections or offer extra torches, carpets, ribbons, gifts, scissors, handcuffs, arrows, horns, etc. as a reward.

Seamoss
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Seamoss on Jul 9, 13 11:02 AM
Oups...
By spot lights, I meant sea projectors and by handcuffs, I meant shackles!

Seamoss
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Seamoss on Jul 9, 13 12:56 PM
More pros. cons and suggestions:

Pros

7) The Old Vulture!
8) The new coin purses, chests, trunks and weapon crates!

Cons

3) The fact that some super floaters require valuable items instead of frequent miscellenious items. For examples, Battle droid: bombs, Shaman: fairy wings, Guru: clay signs, Ice Golem: lightning balls, Ferocious Wolf: torches and flares, Shadow warrior: sea projectors, Pirate Ghost: maps and chests. These items are already hard to obtain and are being used for collections or for banishing/barting regular floaters. Please see suggestions.

Suggestions

5) Either decrease the number of items needed for some super floaters (for example Ferocious Wolf: 5 torches rather than 10) or make these items more easy to get. Torches are already hard to obtain and cost a lot of money.

Overall, great game and great update!

[Post New]by afunnyfarm on Jul 10, 13 5:26 AM
i like the game, but i do feel there are areas for improvement

1. as you go up in the levels, the accomplishments rewards get really wimpy. i don't remember exactly the reward without going back into the game, but for example to banish 500 of something the reward is the silver chest, where to banish 300 was the fruit dessert. i just think that the harder accomplishment should get a better reward.

2. i feel like a lot of people that it takes way to long to get the energy. i have had to wait over night just to get enough to do a couple of locations. most of my locations take at least 70 energy points to 115 points.

3. the crates are great,

4. the floaters are getting really stingy with the good objects

[Post New]by afunnyfarm on Jul 10, 13 5:28 AM
i really wish the replies would come up as the last posted. when you look at the replies the first one from a player will be from back in Oct 2012

Go to: