CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Comments for Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 27, 12 1:08 PM
First I want to comment Cherbtoo on the art work...WoW!!! Very nicely done

Now I also want to say thanks to Phatkhat...I appreciate your candor in asking the question you did, in regards to the ratio of HO's, Puzzles, to adventure.

I am with you on playing a game. It makes a world of difference for me, as I tend to play a game in one sitting and I don't like things that are 'fillers, or things that are redundant! AND especially HO's that are junkpiles....ewww

I am off to demo the game now, the dev is one of my favorites

( Rebeca-Lily, ummm....we do appreciate your good natured reviews, even tho the HO's are not to your liking of percentage. You are a good sport about it all!)

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 27, 12 8:13 PM
Waaaah! My game is finished! Now what?

What a rotten game and what a bunch of ratfinks the devs at Elephant Games are to make it.

Rotten? Ratfinks? YES .... because now I will be comparing the next game I play with this wonderful addition to my gaming experience. The Bonus Game was equally delightful and rather long ..... mind you, I kept forgetting to use the map to "travel" in both games as I enjoy wandering around myself (even to find those pesky bugs as I had seen them many times in my meandering and knew where they were).

And thankyou "Tuskers" for the Reset button on the puzzles .... I think I would have given up on a couple if I wasn't able to start over again.

However, I'm with you Rebeca-Lily, a few more HOS would have been great .... only 10 in the Main Game ..... not enough IMHO.

Hi lizmcduff - sorry about the late reply, but I also hail from Victoria .... Melbourne in fact.

Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 28, 12 12:53 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Waaaah! My game is finished! Now what?

What a rotten game and what a bunch of ratfinks the devs at Elephant Games are to make it.

Rotten? Ratfinks? YES .... because now I will be comparing the next game I play with this wonderful addition to my gaming experience.

I am surprised, that nobody noticed that among the Credits, at the end of the game, there is a BF Group of programmers!!!

It's a co-production of BF and the "tuskers"...all the "titles go to BF too...

...And thank you DOLly, for your support! Welcome to the "beggars' section" - seems that we can't be "choosers" anymore...

...But we can stop buying LAPs (Light Adventure Puzzles)... Do you have the guts to do it???

...Defense, defense...

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 28, 12 1:53 AM
cherbtoo wrote:

[THIS IS AWSOME! HAVE A GREAT DAY! [/b]

pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp p p ppp r
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp p
pp | pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp ppp
pp | ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp ppp
ppp / pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp ppp
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp | pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp i pp pp pp pp r
pp | p pp pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp r r r
pr /| pp p pp ppp p p p pp pp p
pp | pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp
pp | pp pfp pp pp pp pp pp

p

Edited on 10/28/2012 at 1:58:14 AM PST

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Oct 28, 12 6:54 AM
well I'm very pleased. Beautiful graphics and interesting mini games. I'm playing casual and enjoying the pace. I love fantasy games anyway and this fits the bill. Also it is nice to have a pleasant looking game during Halloween and the Storm....

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Oct 28, 12 5:57 PM
I love this game! It doesn't have my main criteria for CE's which is replayable mini games but it is beautiful and fun.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 28, 12 10:04 PM
What a L O N G game!! I really enjoyed playing this one and will definitely play it again in the future when we are in a drought... (I hate when that happens!!)

The bonus game really had me running back and forth, and I never could have finished without that beloved map!! For as long as the game was (took me ALL day to play), it could have had a few more HO scenes, especially since these were so well done.

I've been playing BF games since 2006 (I don't comment much) and this is the FIRST time (and probably the last) that I won ALL of the achievements!!! Guess I can cross that off my bucket list!! LOLLLL

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 28, 12 11:11 PM
WoW Cobweb55,
That is really something - even the "Be Slow In A Hurry" for finishing a HOS in more than 10 minutes. I must admit I thought about doing the washing, ironing or something to go for this one .... but nah.
Congratulations
Cheers

[Post New]by gamebug822 on Oct 29, 12 1:47 PM
Thanks, Cherbtoo, for your delightful reply. Although I have been playing BFG since 2008, I never paid much attention to the forums until lately. Now I always visit the forum before I buy anything, checking what more experienced players have to say about a game.

Since I am a CPA I don't have a lot of time, but my friend Sue, who I got addicted to the games (yes, I am a pusher!) loves to play a wide variety of games and she loves to visit the forum and comment. I am counting the days to my retirement (August of 2015 GW) and plan to have a HUGE stockpile of games to play and replay.

Thanks, too, for the push to comment enough to get the cute trunk-fish icon, but I already look like that in real life!!!

(I hope this is posting in the right place!)

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Oct 30, 12 9:06 AM
Although I haven't played the game, it looks good enough.

However, I must ask this to the ones that have finished the game.

Why is the game titled "illicit love"? By the description, it really doesn't make much sense to me. It implies forbidden love, and as far as we know, the prince was married to Thumbelina at the beginning, so it's strange why they named it like that.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 31, 12 7:28 PM
This was an amazing game, fantastic length and the bonus chapter was wonderful! I really liked the two different points of view and my opinion of the witch did a complete 360 - I also really liked the humour! Wish all CE games could be like this (hint hint), wonder if the developer with the long ears is listening....Nah, probably not!

[Post New]by chickasmooch on Nov 9, 12 7:27 AM
Not to repeat the many good words said:
Elephant Games made my day as usual! I am a very-very happy fishie

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 6, 13 12:51 PM
this is a GREAT game, yet it’s so different from HOS game plots. we give it a 4.5 out 5 stars.--------------doug & lisa..................

Go to: