BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:TGT - Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 13, 09 3:02 PM
lordkalvan wrote:I didn't see any Skip on that one minute intro when the game first starts up (where it's showing the different characters). Perhaps it's too far in the bottom corner for me to see? I already deleted it so I can't check for it without downloading again.

You can't skip the intro where they're introducing the doctors.

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Feb 13, 09 3:15 PM
I so want to play this .. maybe I'll reinstall

[Post New]by skatcatwithahat on Feb 13, 09 3:15 PM
I believe you should be able to skip the intro with the spacebar or esc key.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 13, 09 4:21 PM
skatcatwithahat wrote:I believe you should be able to skip the intro with the spacebar or esc key.

Not sure about this, I know clicking doesn't work, and pretty sure I would have tried the space bar, but I didn't try the Esc. I already finished and deleted the game, so can't test. Anyone who still has it installed wanna try and report?

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 13, 09 4:33 PM
Just loaded up the game, pressed esc and it skipped the intro.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 13, 09 4:38 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Just loaded up the game, pressed esc and it skipped the intro.

Yea, Rabbit! (your name always makes me happy ) This is good to know, I did find the intro annoying.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Feb 13, 09 4:42 PM
Thank you! I was wondering if I could skip that intro! Woo Hoo!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 13, 09 5:07 PM
I just played half my trial time (feeling to tired to play more) and I'm not sure if I will buy it after all. It doesn't seem challenging enough for me and I don't like playing games where I'm just clicking without thinking. The dye injections were more tricky due to the speed, but it's just an untangle the lines game. I'll see how I feel after my whole trial.
I don't know what I'm doing right, but I haven't had any hotspot troubles.

[Post New]by AroundTheBend on Feb 13, 09 6:15 PM
Just tried this. . . not sure that I will use one of my game credits on this. I am interested in solving the mystery, but I feel that I will probably be disappointed in the "diagnosis". I see the parallels to "House" which is also a reason I leaning towards NOT buying the game. I've tried to watch that show but I always change the channel, even if nothing else is on. One of the things that really make me reach for the remote control when watching "House" (and a quite a few other of the medical dramas) is when they get the science wrong. . . and that the Laboratory is some hole they deliver samples to that spits out reports S.L.O.W.L.Y. {{{{{{GETS OFF SOAPBOX}}}}}}

I wish there was more case study and less HO to the game--or more use of medical equipment to "examine" the patient. I found that when I "used" the medical equipment correctly, the game would say I guessed incorrectly (like pointing the "needle" of the "syringe" into the crook of the arm) but if I placed the object ACROSS the area (like placing the penlight across the patient's head instead of "shining" the penlight ONTO an eye), then it acknowledged the tool and performed the task. I also like re-playability and games that last for hours. From reading other reviews, this game doesn't look like it will "fill the bill".

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Feb 13, 09 6:29 PM
AroundTheBend wrote:
I wish there was more case study and less HO to the game--or more use of medical equipment to "examine" the patient. I found that when I "used" the medical equipment correctly, the game would say I guessed incorrectly (like pointing the "needle" of the "syringe" into the crook of the arm) but if I placed the object ACROSS the area (like placing the penlight across the patient's head instead of "shining" the penlight ONTO an eye), then it acknowledged the tool and performed the task. I also like re-playability and games that last for hours. From reading other reviews, this game doesn't look like it will "fill the bill".

Hello AroundTheBend and Welcome to the Pond.....I found that part of the game extremely frustrating too. I kept shining the penlight into the patients eyes and would get a buzz. Couldn't figure out what else to use....so went back to the penlight and finally got it to work. Same with the syringe ..... But, I bought it anyway!

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Feb 13, 09 8:22 PM
orlandomiki wrote:When I can't even make it off the first level I know the game is not for me.....When you ask for a clue it doesn't really show you where it is and I'm not even sure it is in the area....Played round 1 twice and both times used a clue for the same item....Deleted the game because I don't know what the heck a Heartbeat Reflux is...A BIG THUMBS DOWN.....

This is actually two items, a heartbeat and a reflex (not a reflux). You need to check the patient's heartbeat with the stethoscope, and his reflex action by using the reflex hammer on his knee. Both items are in the medical bag (or box; don't remember).

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 13, 09 8:35 PM
Sounds like one I"ll have to try.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 13, 09 9:19 PM
Played the demo earlier and had to purchase. When I went back into the game it did not save my complete progress but that was okay I only had to repeat a few scenes.
I agree with the others about the hotspots....absolutely annoying. Even when I actually picked up the item I was getting beeped for the incorrect item. You could be dead center and it tells you your wrong and time is ticked off the clock. Click just off of the item and it picks it up, crazy and frustrating. That was my only gripe about the game. The harder part of the game is where you need to replace the items in the offices. It took me about 3 hours or so to complete and help fixed my need for a new HO game for the time being. I think I'll play a second round now. I'm sure I'll be looking for a new one come tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Valentine's Day to all of those in the pond.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 13, 09 9:22 PM
Thanks for the detailed review, Poodlebear.

I'm ALWAYS in need of an HO fix, so this one goes on the list. I don't plan to buy any more games until I get a new CPU later this month. I've had too many games that just wouldn't play.

Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

[Post New]by Lil_Red on Feb 13, 09 9:28 PM
I had problems downloading the first time, but restart fixed them. Like the thinking about what to do in a scene, made a change from the last few TGT. i'm going to finish the demo and might buy.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Feb 14, 09 12:41 AM
Thank you for your reviews, Poodlebear! I really appreciate them.

argistla
Flounder
Flounder
2,207 Posts

[Post New]by argistla on Feb 14, 09 3:36 AM
just finished it quite enjoyed it,,,,hope i never have to go there ,mouse traps ,centipedes snakes and beetles are a few ...but a very big change from the jungles etc,,,,easy ,no glitches and you can choose to play timed or untimed,,,,which suits my old shaky hands,and tired eyes...argistla

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Feb 14, 09 7:27 AM
Hi LordKalvan,
I agree with you. This game is not for me. The graphics are great but I am not enjoying the Medical atmosphere. It's a little too serious for me.
Other than that it is very well done for those who like the medical aspect of it.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Feb 14, 09 7:37 AM
Thanks for all your input fish. It sounds like there might be one or two problems, so maybe I'll wait a few days in case they release an updated version.

[Post New]by AlbinoRat on Feb 14, 09 10:28 AM
MIddle -
I cruised through the game with no issues. There are no problems, there are new mechanics that haven't been in other games so it is taking people time to get used to them, that's all. Peronally I enjoy figuring out how new things work in games rather than playing the exact same thing BigFish has posted 100 times in the HO category. Please, please no more Natalie Brooks!!!!

Edited on 02/14/2009 at 10:30:00 AM PST

Go to: