RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Oct 31, 12 10:29 PM
Just realized that Thanksgiving Day this year is the 22nd...much more likely (though less interesting) explanation of the number. Nuts.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Oct 31, 12 10:29 PM
esu96kph wrote:I'm pretty sure that the fb profile pic had the number 23 yesterday. Is it 22 days to the launch?

Hello to everyone on here. My first post and I've been waiting for the official thread. I'm totally hooked on MCF and finished every game on all platforms and simply cannot wait.
This is the first time I've seen a countdown thread but hooked on it already.

Once again hi to all fishies out there!

Welcome! We are to have you!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 12 10:33 PM
You will have so much fun esu96kph! Everyone here is so nice. Last year was my first year and everyone made me feel so welcome.

Thanks Laura! I was getting antsy sitting here waiting for the next clue (which probably won't be until tomorrow) and wondering how long I could stay awake tonight....just to make sure I don't miss anything.

I can't wait for this game!

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Oct 31, 12 10:34 PM
Catrin72 wrote:RavenQuo:
The number does change - it started at 24 and is the countdown to the release of the game on Thanksgiving Day.

Doh! Thank you! And thanks to esu96kph, Welcome to the pond!

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 31, 12 10:36 PM
picman050967 wrote:I'm baaaaack!

I meant to start posting last week but have been low on energy...maybe it is the drizzly Seattle fall...hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.

8 12 14 22 7 19 18 13 20 8 13 22 5 22 9 24 19 26 13 20 22

Picman

Picman - you could try light therapy for the low energy...

All the fishies: I think perhaps this sentence is as deliberate as the coded sentence. Especially as a 'back to...' reference. I'm not thinking that Picman has ever had trouble 'perking up' (and all that coffee that is being brewed will take care of that) nor has there ever been an issue with 'lively clever posts'.

I'm feeling a slight tug on my fins here....

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Oct 31, 12 10:40 PM
You make an interesting point, Catrin! Could there, indeed, be more in that post than meets the eye...? Something to think about...

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Oct 31, 12 10:41 PM
Catrin72 wrote:
picman050967 wrote:I'm baaaaack!

I meant to start posting last week but have been low on energy...maybe it is the drizzly Seattle fall...hopefully I can perk up and make some lively clever posts.

8 12 14 22 7 19 18 13 20 8 13 22 5 22 9 24 19 26 13 20 22

Picman

Picman - you could try light therapy for the low energy...

All the fishies: I think perhaps this sentence is as deliberate as the coded sentence. Especially as a 'back to...' reference. I'm not thinking that Picman has ever had trouble 'perking up' (and all that coffee that is being brewed will take care of that) nor has there ever been an issue with 'lively clever posts'.

I'm feeling a slight tug on my fins here....

Hmmm...coffee...

I tried looking up the quote "Some things never change," and at least 3 different songs came up with that title. One of them, by Sara Evans, references coffee in the first line.

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 12 10:41 PM
I don't know....I lived in Seattle for several years, and all that drizzle can get to you! I even have a "Seattle people don't tan, they rust" sweatshirt. Tee hee

I think though, Catrin72 that you may be right. Ghosts....low energy....mediums...ghost hunters needed. Me thinks there might be more than the eye can see....Hmmmmmm

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Oct 31, 12 10:45 PM
Another thing that has been more or less constant through the games, more than the frenchman at least, is the black cat. I just feel that cat has to have something to do with... well, something. It's everywhere! Yes, you may from now on call me the crazy cat fishy, I just won't rest until the day the cat is explained

But somehow I just don't feel that the hint has to do with it. Or any specific element. If I were to hint on sth common, constant, I wouldn't speak of changes or lack of them.

And @Catrin72, I too started my FB account because of Rose's profile! And I also wondered if that sentence has more to it...

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 31, 12 10:50 PM
Well Laura29, of course, there's more to that post than meets the eye, it's Picman at the wheel!

The question is which part is the more??? And which part(s) are red herrings? Picman is a *very* clever, *very* sly, and *very* subtle fishie when he wants to be...

Interesting about the song titles and the coffee in the first line.

Mostly I got to thinking about coffee because of purplealikat's song - very clever!

Nice tie-in to ghosts, purplealikat, with the low energy...

Welcome also to the new fishies just jumping into the pond for this spec thread. It's great fun, even if it does move very fast.

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Oct 31, 12 10:53 PM
The song is about a family (Mom starts the day making coffee, then breakfast for everyone)...that's actually functional. The world is moving too fast, they can't really appreciate each other like they'd like to, but love's the thing that never changes. Maybe we'll be seeing the anti-Charles this time? A family that actually loves each other, went on a vacation by the lake? (and maybe they're not robbers this time).

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Oct 31, 12 10:54 PM
I was JUST telling my husband that it's funny how everybody examines Picman's posts, just looking for a clue, and it seems almost goofy, but it isn't because there is always more than there appears to be in his posts. Oh, heaven help me, I'm talking in circles. Does this make sense to anybody?

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 12 10:58 PM
Here Laura...have some . I have 95 or so more cups to go. We need to keep our energy up and our brain cells alert. I have a feeling we will be running in a lot of circles in days to come!

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Oct 31, 12 10:59 PM
Ooooh, thank you Purplealikat! I feel so inspired to do great things in this thread! Now, if said inspiration will move to the fingers which do the typing, that will be good.

And running in circles is something I do best!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 12 11:04 PM
It's almost as good an exercise as jumping to conclusions....but not half as much fun!

Vultraz
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Vultraz on Oct 31, 12 11:05 PM
Laura29 wrote:Ooooh, thank you Purplealikat! I feel so inspired to do great things in this thread! Now, if said inspiration will move to the fingers which do the typing, that will be good.

Don't you mean swimming in circles?

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Oct 31, 12 11:09 PM
Laura29 wrote:Ooooh, thank you Purplealikat! I feel so inspired to do great things in this thread! Now, if said inspiration will move to the fingers which do the typing, that will be good.

purplealikat wrote:It's almost as good an exercise as jumping to conclusions....but not half as much fun!

NOTICE (in a workplace, of course -certainly not in the pond!) - This department requires no physical fitness program. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down the boss, knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing their luck.

Edited on 10/31/2012 at 11:10:22 PM PST

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Oct 31, 12 11:09 PM
Vultraz wrote:

Don't you mean swimming in circles?

Oh yeah, that too. Swimming in circles, jumping to conclusions... sounds like a very athletic time for us fishies.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Oct 31, 12 11:21 PM
Hi, Picman!!!

I go out for the evening, and look at all that I miss!

I too joined FB because of Rose!

Okay, time to get serious. I'm here in Seattle, but anyone who lives here long enough knows that you don't even notice the rain. I don't think a little rain would make Picman low on energy... hmmm.... too late for my tired old brain. There's always tomorrow (if I can fall asleep tonight thinking about all this!)

Woo hoo! Let the fun begin!

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 31, 12 11:31 PM
Thank you Mandi for the speculation summary so far.

I'm not seeing any cohesiveness but maybe it requires a change in perspective.

My brain is starting to hurt...

not a good sign this early!

Go to: