Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 8, 12 2:42 PM
Okay, just a short comment as an Austrian.

- There is no way that this is in Salzburg. No mountains and no ski lifts in the city. You could get around that by assuming they mean Salzburg, the county, not the city.

- We have no blizzards in Austria, just storms.

 
dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by dippydebby on Nov 8, 12 3:56 PM
I am really loving this game, no blokes in white hooded capes, or metallic monsters, or Sci-fi missions to complete. Good graphics, different type of HOGS,, Dana Knightstone Novels,really appeal to me

 
Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 8, 12 4:00 PM
Laflamme wrote:Okay, just a short comment as an Austrian.

- There is no way that this is in Salzburg. No mountains and no ski lifts in the city. You could get around that by assuming they mean Salzburg, the county, not the city.

- We have no blizzards in Austria, just storms.


LOL, Laflamme. I was going to ask you what you thought about the authenticity (or otherwise) of the game as an Austrian.

I know black London taxis are found everywhere these days, but do you have them in Austria? Just wondering about the very start where she arrives in exactly that vehicle.

 
goslin55
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by goslin55 on Nov 8, 12 9:33 PM
cbtx wrote:BF seems to be stuck on the concept that "bundling" the older games with the new release is a really great sale. And it is----for newer members. It does absolutely nothing for members who have been around for a while, and likely already own the older games in the CE or SE format. So how about something for the long time, loyal, paid every month members????


Well said !!!!!!!!!!!! It would REALLY..............BE NICE to have something directed to the long time loyal members who purchase all or most of the CE's . Maybe a special discount or a free CE coupon after 10 or more CE purchases during a given time frame. I think we really deserve something !!!!?????!!!!!

 
roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 9, 12 3:19 AM
Just finished the demo and am I the only person here that is annoyed that they turned this puzzle/adventure game series into an IHOG? To me this is just as bad as adding H0 scenes to Azada. One of the things I loved most about the first two games in this series is that they had very few if any H0 scenes. I am not a big fan of those, and prefer puzzles and adventure to doing H0s. The first two Dana Knighstone games were the perfect combo of puzzle and adventure with a great story, and I was expecting the same with this game, and was very unhappy about the fact that it was an IHOG instead. This is in no way meant to criticize people that like to play IHOGs, I just prefer puzzle/adventure games and beside Azada, up until this game, Dana Knightstone was my favorite series of those. I thought I would be buying the game right after I finished the demo, but now I don't want to and am not sure when I will. I wish the Dev had stuck to the formula that made the first two games so wonderful instead of trying to cash in on how trendy IHOGs are. I am very disappointed, and will be playing Death Under Tuscan Skies again instead of buying this new game.

 
Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Nov 9, 12 3:25 AM
Once again I am thrilled by another BoomZap game! This developer never ceases to amaze me. I am the proud owner of ALL their games and enjoy each and every one, playing them over and over. I have finished the first chapter and eagerly anticipating starting the second. The scenery is beautiful and loving the story. Kudos to you again BoomZap - keep 'em coming!!!

 
Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 9, 12 4:08 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:I know black London taxis are found everywhere these days, but do you have them in Austria? Just wondering about the very start where she arrives in exactly that vehicle.


No black London taxis here either. Usually taxis are Mercedes, but no unitary colours.

 
peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by peh4psu on Nov 9, 12 3:29 PM
cbtx wrote:BF seems to be stuck on the concept that "bundling" the older games with the new release is a really great sale. And it is----for newer members. It does absolutely nothing for members who have been around for a while, and likely already own the older games in the CE or SE format. So how about something for the long time, loyal, paid every month members????


I totally agree with this! I was a member of this site before they had discussion boards....it has been a long time! Some nice perk for us out there???

 
FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 10, 12 12:52 AM
Haven't time to read through comments so hope this isn't repetitive.... based on the DEMO only... I just LOVED this game; every minute playing was enjoyable to me... it's been a long time coming!

No gloomy, creepy, evil undercurrents... just plain fun, ghostly mystery and can't wait to purchase the game in it's entirety~~~!!!!

Hope it proves to be lengthy and upholds it's integrity throughout, ie. will it be worth the CE price or wait for SE.



eta: As far as the puzzles, they were rather simplel yet simple is welcomed to me between other challenges... it was 'just right' as an escape and I can't wait to purchase.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 12:56:22 AM PST


 
Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Sept24 on Nov 10, 12 2:29 AM
roxiestar74 wrote:Just finished the demo and am I the only person here that is annoyed that they turned this puzzle/adventure game series into an IHOG? To me this is just as bad as adding H0 scenes to Azada. One of the things I loved most about the first two games in this series is that they had very few if any H0 scenes. I am not a big fan of those, and prefer puzzles and adventure to doing H0s. The first two Dana Knighstone games were the perfect combo of puzzle and adventure with a great story, and I was expecting the same with this game, and was very unhappy about the fact that it was an IHOG instead. This is in no way meant to criticize people that like to play IHOGs, I just prefer puzzle/adventure games and beside Azada, up until this game, Dana Knightstone was my favorite series of those. I thought I would be buying the game right after I finished the demo, but now I don't want to and am not sure when I will. I wish the Dev had stuck to the formula that made the first two games so wonderful instead of trying to cash in on how trendy IHOGs are. I am very disappointed, and will be playing Death Under Tuscan Skies again instead of buying this new game.


You are definitely not the only one and I agree with what you said exactly.

 

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by NurseJeni on Nov 10, 12 2:53 AM
I just finished the Death Under Tuscan Skies ( which I had to play in a window seeing the picture rolled like an old TV on full screen) and am playing the bonus chapter in Death Apon An Austrian Sonata but I missed using the hammer to break a lock and used it to break some rocks and now it's gone! So I can't break the lock and finish the bonus chapter! Is this a glitch? or is the game so rigid that things have to be done in a certain order or you can't finish it? Guess I am going to have to restart the bonus chapter if I want to finish it. Despite the technical glitches I have enjoyed the games ( finished Austrian game in under 6hrs[ some of that was when I got up to get dinner for the kids and forgot to pause it lol] on hardcore mode and didn't use the strategy guide so it's not too hard but was fun until I lost my hammer!)

 
vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 10, 12 7:32 AM
LOVED the first one. Enjoyed the second. Will wait for the SE for this one. Doesn't grab me. And the others were so refreshing and beautiful to look at - I was so sure I would purchase the CE. And I agree with others - I have the first 2 already, so the sale doesn't help me.

 
NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Nov 10, 12 1:10 PM
Wow!! Enjoying this one so far! Really love the variety of the hidden object scenes and puzzles; they are so interactive that it makes me happy ! This is why I love the Boomzap games, even the hidden object scenes are fun to do and not a chore (like in some other games where you have to do a scene like 3 times, no interactivity; boring!!) ! Also, the art and graphics are very pretty to look at, and the snowy setting . Now to finish the whole game!

 
LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Comments for Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 18, 12 9:05 PM
I agree about the bundling of the games sale when you purchase the new one. Us loyal members no doubt already own the other games in the series. It would be nice to be able to get a good deal on some other set of games.
Plus I agree about the doors being left open & the snow blowing in. I tried to close them, but of course, I couldn't. The butler sure wouldn't leave the doors & windows open for his employer to get sicker, & I agree that all we'd have to do is ask the butler where the items are that we need. I thought that was phony also. I thought it was a little short, especially the bonus (epilogue) game. But all in all it was a good game.

 
 
 
 
Go to: