DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on Nov 26, 12 7:54 AM
Has anyone else had issues with the school locker and the planes and flying saucer? No matter how many times I do the game, the locker does not open to give the crowbar, and I even referred to the guide. It makes sounds, but does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, as I really like this game.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by banshee10 on Nov 26, 12 8:40 AM
The crypt/ angel/ grate issue AGAIN.

There's so many fishies with this problem - how many of us do they need for a fix?

[Post New]by Tschikeli on Nov 26, 12 7:34 PM
I am also havthe same problem with the Angel. The grate will not open. All debris has been moved as far to the edge as it will go. Any word on if a fix is forthcoming. It it is, I will try to patiently wait. Otherwise, I guess I will restart the game with another name. But, it is not fun to do.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 27, 12 2:24 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like we are still collecting information about what's going on with the angel and the grate.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team.

These reports give us very valuable information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations. And the more information we have to give to the game developers about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support with that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by akslonetwin on Nov 30, 12 11:12 AM
Me too, angel problems, hint problems, and weird glitches. Will most likely re-download, but don't really want to.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 1, 12 1:56 PM
Ditto on the angel-under-the-grate problem.

I suspect it was because I did not do all the existing tasks before getting to that puzzle. (I had not gotten the shotgun and done its follow-up tasks.)

I do not wish to start the game over so shall hope for a fix.

Edited on 12/01/2012 at 3:08:32 PM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 3, 12 5:46 PM
I've also hit a glitch with the angel under the grate. The game engine believes I've successfully finished the mini game as the 'Skip' button has vanished but I can't open the grate *sigh*.

I really don't feel like re-starting the game right now

K

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 4, 12 5:34 PM
I've sent a report to CS about the angel/grate glitch & I urge everyone else to do the same. If they don't get our reports they can't collect the correct data & inform the devs.

K

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 6, 12 11:32 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks to those that have already contacted Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. The more information that is collected the better we'll be able to help figure out those issues!

If you haven't done so already please please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thank you!

bfgIzara

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Dec 8, 12 7:10 AM
I'm also having the problem with the angel and the grate. The last thing I want to do is start over and hope it won't happen again. I've already invested hours into this game. I've sent in a Dr. Felix report and I hope there are enough of us having this problem for them to fix it. Is it just me or have there been quite a few games recently that have glitches requiring a fix? I've been a game club member for years and there were rarely problems with the games but in the last month, I've had 3 games that I had to stop playing because of bugs and wait for a fix. It's getting a little frustrating and I hope this isn't a sign that things are going downhill.

[Post New]by toblers on Dec 9, 12 7:40 PM
I ran into the same problem with the angel and the grate. Already ran the Dr. Felix report and sent it in. Seems this problem has been happening for awhile and no fix yet. I just want a refund.

[Post New]by sanest on Dec 15, 12 11:17 AM
Once again, thank goodness for these forums!! Count me among the many who ran into the angel/grate problem. I ran to the forums, read what others had encountered, knew the problem was widespread and that more than enough time has gone by -- so clearly no game fix was on the way.
I love my computer and my games, but I haven't a clue how to run a "Dr Felix" - nor do I care to learn -- I play these games for fun and relaxation -- not for stress.
I didn't bother to uninstall and reinstall - I have truly enjoyed this game, so I figured it was worth it to restart with a different name and when I returned to the angel/grate screen, I just pressed the skip button.
It was absolutely worth it - it only took me about an hour to speed through the game to get back to the problem shot and there's plenty of game after that.
But a huge thanks to all of you for the information about the glitch and how to fix it!!

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on Dec 26, 12 4:03 PM
Anyone having problems removing the angel from the grate, you will have to start the game over, because as soon as you remove the debris the skip buttom will disappear, when you start the game over, it will go guick, when you get to the beginning of the puzzle with the grate let the skip buttom load do not touch anything then push the skip buttom touch the grate and the angel will come to you.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jan 5, 13 5:37 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:I'm having the same problem, I cleared all the debris and the door to the grate does not open.

I didn't think it was a technical issue, but now that there is one more than I, maybe it is a technical issue.

I was going to try to un-install/re-install to see if this takes care of the glitch.

I'll be back with the results, only thing is, I may have to begin it under a different name, that means starting at the beginning ... uggggg

Me too; have sent a Dr Felix to the techies today. Now going to try uninstall & replay (annoying to say the least) but at least it is not 1/2 way through the game

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jan 7, 13 4:37 PM
I had the problem with the end of chapter 3 final scene glitch. reinstalling game, already contacted Cs, and will be replaying to see if it happens again on a fresh profile, just felt i should report it here as well.

glitch occured when I placed the plug on the wire and clicked on the machine on the right hand side because of it (and checked guide in extras after) being a mini game when the glitch occured.(trying to keep out spoilers here, but CS got the spoiler version)

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 12, 13 5:58 PM
Ok, I usually do not ask for help because I usually don't need it, but has anyone else had a problem with the elevator not opening? I don't know if this is a glitch or if I am not doing something right. I have already been up on the 5th floor for the first time, Played an HOS, collected a painting, a couple Beyond Objects, found the secret room, put 5 goblets and the teapot in place. Now I think it's time to go elsewhere. When I got back into the elevator and pushed 1, it went back down, but did not open. So on it goes....back up, and back down, same thing. Is it a matter of GSTO....Game Smarter Than Operator? I don't want to know where to go, just how to make the elevator open.
Thanks,
~M

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Feb 26, 13 8:16 PM
Add me to your loooooong list of the angel stuck under the grate!!!! guess I will be STARTING ALL OVER-shame it was really a fun game until this!!!!!!]

[Post New]by PamJayela on Apr 3, 13 6:49 PM
It would appear from the posts that the issue with the angel (among others) has been going on from the beginning. So far there are pages of comments about errors from this game and the only suggestion after nearly 6 months of people explaining about the issues the best that is offered is to use Dr. Felix to run a diagnostic on my system.

I am not your beta tester Big Fish. I have no desire to load up my system with your Dr. Felix software so you can see where YOUR bugs are. I paid for a game under the assumption that it would function, not that I would have to restart in the hopes that it MIGHT work the second time around.

What angers me most of all is that even knowing there have been issues from the very beginning, you are still selling this game, unfixed, and without any sort of notice to potential players that it could just randomly decide to not progress further.

I would like to know why you feel that selling a broken product is legitimate business practice.

[Post New]by jsaad5885 on May 17, 14 8:21 PM
The game works great for awhile an then the cursor starts acting choppy. This makes it pretty mush unplayable. I have to save and exit the whole game. After i reload I can play for about 15 mins before it starts again. What can I do?

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on May 18, 14 11:31 AM
I am also having problem with the curser... works for a little bit and then jumps all over. Is this happening to anyone else and what did you do to solve it? Thank you!

Go to: