frudd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: A New Home forum

[Post New]by frudd on Nov 5, 09 12:54 AM
ihave completed all puzzles apart from golden child and butterflies and single flower and have dropped lots of caring mothers into lagoon but no GC please help

A Little Help Please!

[Post New]by catatafish on Nov 20, 09 12:43 PM
I need to know how to get the golden child... would someone please let me know how to do it?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

A Little Help Please!

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Nov 20, 09 3:45 PM
catatafish wrote:I need to know how to get the golden child... would someone please let me know how to do it?

The Golden Child requires level 3 in both Spirituality and Fertility. You must also have a few nursing mothers on hand as well as a completed Idol, Lagoon and Temple.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Getting Food

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Nov 20, 09 3:50 PM
shalomyisrael7 wrote:I just started playing and exhausted the resource of the berry bush. Is there any other way to get food before researching Farming?

Thanks.

I hope you have several children so you can collect lots of mushrooms by pausing your game ( hit space bar) swiftly dropping all the kids on the mushroom and then unpausing. Conga anyone ??

[Post New]by missfit69 on Nov 23, 09 10:00 AM
my villagers keep sayin he bush looks like it could grow berries how do i get them to grow

[Post New]by Msherrill518 on Dec 2, 09 10:39 PM
I've only been playing for a couple of days now, but how long does it take for your villagers to water the dead flowers in that field? I have 5 of them watering it and they've been at it now for a couple of hours! Nothing seems to be happening. Am I doing something wrong? I cleared the rocks for the Lagoon, and they're taking the water from there, so what could be the problem? Any help would be great : )

Recap, The garden finally grew. I must just be a little impatient! lol Everything does take a long time though.

Edited on 12/04/2009 at 4:55:37 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 2, 09 11:39 PM
It would behoove all new players of any of the VV games to find the strategy guides or walkthroughs at the maker's site LDW. The SG tells you in which order to proceed with priorities. You can waste a lot of time and their tasks by working on things you don't need yet. Like watering flowers, or even clearing the beach of debris to fish if you haven't yet enough tech points to buy higher levels of farming.

When you see one going to look at the statue or temple location or any reading saying more research is necessary, don't even let them go there, drag them back to the research table. Laundry doesn't get them anywhere either nor points. I put one on farming and pile everyone else at the tech table. Foraging does deplete but comes back at timed intervals with higher farming, as do the crops. One farmer and one kid with mushrooms can keep about 12 alive while researching. And the longer one stays at the table to adept to master the more tech points one earns for you.

Foundations of new huts will appear when you buy more construction but huts are tied in with population usually. You have to learn what new project may take a Master of that field to initiate it, so work with one to stay on a task that will get that one points of improvement. It's good to show each new 14 year old each task to see what they prefer, but they must still be a team or there is a lot of wasted energy. Just watch your food supply tally and only pull anyone off the team if it gets low. In fact, I found that even the going to haul water to water the field isn't necessary. It will give a farmer points but crops will return with or without water in intervals like the berries. When fishing, a master farmer can bring in crabs for 45 or 50 food points, how many trips to fish is that with a bunch of techies or builders bring in fish. Let them specialize, but when you need points fast, drag them all back..
Yes, someone said about not taking time going to the hut to mate. Watch the population talley and as soon as they kiss if the number goes up, it's a hit and drag the guy back to work (don't orget to uncheck his parenting or you may lose another working woman to nursing).

Last time I followed a guide I finish VV1 in the next sitting, didn't count the hours but probably spent a week the first time. Hope this helps, it is fun to accomplish the tasks and puzzles, frustrating when you don't know what to do next with priorities and let them wander all over the place.

[Post New]by midnightmaqic on Dec 5, 09 8:57 PM
how do you get the golden child? please please help!

[Post New]by isis_starcroft on Dec 6, 09 8:20 AM
how do you move the boulder? who/what is the golden child
info needed badly please help!!

[Post New]by Msherrill518 on Dec 8, 09 11:35 AM
isis_starcroft wrote:how do you move the boulder? who/what is the golden child
info needed badly please help!!

The golden child is the one who moves the boulder, you just have to wait for it to do it. As far as getting the GC, you must first have level 3 in spirituality and fertility.

You also have to have puzzle 5 (the lagoon) finished, puzzle 11 (the temple) and puzzle 12 (the idol) . temple: drag master builder (I used a few of my Adept builders that were very close to becoming master builders and it worked) to the ruins near the bottom right corner of the beach. Idol: Complete puzzle 11 (the temple) first, then drag your builder(s) to the big rock to the left of the school.

You will also need a nursing mother. Drag her to the lagoon and drop her in. Keep doing it until it's the GC.

Hope this helps!

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 12:04:34 PM PST

[Post New]by 9_notverygood_9 on Jan 3, 10 1:08 PM
ce_er wrote:
klyde_223 wrote:CAN I ASK SOMETHING?? WHY MY VILLAGERS IS NOT BEARING A CHILD I PUT THE MALE ONE TO THE FEMALE ONE THEY GO TO INDOORS BUT AFTER THEY GO TO INDOORS THE FEMALE IS NOT NURSING A BABY???

just try to do it again..
coz sometime i needs several times..or try another pair.
and when they're hungry they won't having a baby.
hope that helps

-ce

[Post New]by 9_notverygood_9 on Jan 4, 10 10:27 AM
how do u fish in the sea? i have level 2 farming and level 2 construction, i cant get level 3 farmiong because it costs sooo much and i have used all my tech points so i only have 805 left, please help me, i have discoverd the vegtable patch but i relly wanna fish but when i put a farmer in the sea it wont let me .. please give me some advice x

[Post New]by 9_notverygood_9 on Jan 4, 10 10:28 AM
marcuscw wrote:how do i build more huts i've built one but i cant seem to build more i dont know how to get the scafle things to show up like wh you build the first one

when your population reaches its max they will pop up on there own, you build on them hope this helps x

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 7, 10 4:39 AM
Tech points are taking sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to get... I have two master scientist but over 3 days the have only got 200 tech points!!!!!!!!!!!! Any solutions?

[Post New]by 9_notverygood_9 on Jan 7, 10 7:53 AM
tlgdrummer wrote:Tech points are taking sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to get... I have two master scientist but over 3 days the have only got 200 tech points!!!!!!!!!!!! Any solutions?
yeas, put everyone in your village at the science table, (apart from one forager) and make them all go bck to the table if they cant do it or walk away, leave them for a day and u will see alot more in the morning also if u get science level up then u get more tech points

hope this helpss xx

[Post New]by tlgdrummer on Jan 8, 10 12:15 PM
9_notverygood_9 wrote:
tlgdrummer wrote:Tech points are taking sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to get... I have two master scientist but over 3 days the have only got 200 tech points!!!!!!!!!!!! Any solutions?
yeas, put everyone in your village at the science table, (apart from one forager) and make them all go bck to the table if they cant do it or walk away, leave them for a day and u will see alot more in the morning also if u get science level up then u get more tech points

hope this helpss xx

Thanks soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! I had a load of spare villagers doin nutin any-way

[Post New]by ChinaDoll1982 on Jan 10, 10 2:52 PM
klyde_223 wrote:CAN I ASK SOMETHING?? WHY MY VILLAGERS IS NOT BEARING A CHILD I PUT THE MALE ONE TO THE FEMALE ONE THEY GO TO INDOORS BUT AFTER THEY GO TO INDOORS THE FEMALE IS NOT NURSING A BABY???

Watch your population. Keep putting male and felmale together until the number in population goes up. Make sure you have level 2 in fertility also. It will make it easier to have babies.

Welcome to Virtual Villagers: A New Home forum

[Post New]by just3you on Feb 15, 10 9:28 AM
please help

I just installed it yesturday and played for a bit but had to close it due to reasons

when I went back to playing it the background was black and i can only see the people and black surface

what can i do

my laptop does meet the requirements

please does anyone know how

fankssss

[Post New]by smalltrout on Mar 19, 10 9:43 PM
Ok, after you have completed all the puzzles, is it over? I hope not! When you go in the cave after you move the boulder it seems that there is more because of what you read. Please tell me there is something more...I'm not ready for it to end.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 19, 10 10:21 PM
Once all the puzzles are done and cave is open there's not much left for them to do but party. Even if they start to do something they get interrupted in a task for another party. So, I guess if it isn't getting boring you can keep it running as long as you want.

First time I finished the game for some bizarre reason they were all addicted to that cactus plant (?) and just crowded around it 4 or 5 deep until the next group party. I just felt ok that with my help the community did all survive, told them keep having a good time and bid them goodbye. Then started VV2 Lost Children, which was much more rewarding and challenging creating Esteemed Elders and getting totems, no GC to spoil everything. Give it a try.

Go to: