eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Still hear voiceovers although turned off in options

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 16, 12 3:06 PM
Supposedly I can turn off the voices on the options panel, but even though I have it all the way down I can still hear voices unless I mute all the sound. I HATE voiceovers, and what's the use of a voiceover control if it doesn't work?

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Nov 16, 12 6:00 PM
I didn't get the game started, really. The screen was full of flickering, wavering, horizontal black lines--like an old TV set with electronic interference. Restarted game, same thing. Restarted Game Manager and game, same thing. Quit. Brand new computer with all updates running Windows 7 64 bit.

UPDATE: Must have been some weird issue with my computer yesterday. A few hours after I wrote this I discovered some of my other games, ones which I had played even the day before, were also affected by the horizontal lines--but not all of them. Today when I restarted the computer they all appear to run normally, including this one. I've been getting a lot of automatic updates because the computer is new--maybe one of those affected it and then was fixed? Strange. Any way, now I can actually trial this game.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 12:07:51 PM PST

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by judysm1946 on Nov 17, 12 12:48 PM
I cannot get the lighthouse to unlock using key, then 1 & 7.Is anyone else having this problem? Also, this game keeps freezing & giving me error access codes.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 17, 12 1:19 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing access violation errors, I recommend taking a look at our help article here that covers how to troubleshoot common causes of those:

Access Violation

If you continue to notice problems with the game, please don't hesitate to let our Tech Support Team know. They'll be happy to look into that further for you and hopefully find a solution!

INGamePlayer, sometimes updates for your computer include driver updates, which can sometimes cause screen flashing, flickering and distortion. After the updates are finished, I recommend restarting your computer for the drivers to finish installation. That should hopefully help if you encounter that issue in the future.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by jheaven44 on Nov 18, 12 6:06 AM
I have been trying to play this game since the day it was first released and I say trying because it keeps freezing the cursor separates or I get an error access violation code I am also a big fan of ERS and don't remember ever having problems like this before.I have tried all the fixes, but nothing has worked so I am giving up on finishing this game until all the gliches have been fixed. I might add I bought this game even though I had problems with the trial version so guess I am partly to blame for not being able to finish.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 18, 12 6:26 AM
Heya jheaven44, welcome to the Pond!

I'm really sorry that you are still experiencing an access violation even after you have been following all our suggestions.

In this case I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team. To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by jimlawrence on Nov 18, 12 4:44 PM
I have been playing this game for about an hour and keep experiencing access violation errors.
I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Nov 18, 12 7:56 PM
I'm not getting an access violation error..it's just shutting my whole darn computer down. Twice now I've started the game and a few minutes into it suddenly my entire hard drive shuts down and I have to reboot my computer. Not happy.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 19, 12 3:53 AM
Heya Fishies,

It definitely isn't nice to have your game crashing like this or having it shut down your whole computer!

jimlawrence - First of all, welcome to the Pond! It can be difficult to find out what exactly is causing an access violation, especially since you experience them on random places during gameplay. You can find some helpful tips on how to solve that in our Access Violation help article.

sillyfeet - I can completely understand that this is not a very nice experience for you. Sometimes these things can happen when the software on your computer could do with a few updates. here you can find some easy tips on how to get your machine up to date.

If you tried all these steps and still have problems afterwards, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Nov 19, 12 8:58 PM
I am also having problems with the game freezing. Every time I move to a different location, the game freezes up on me. I bought this game without going through the trial because I just love these devs, but I am very disappointed and frustrated with this freezing problem. I exited the game and probably won't go back to it because I've just run out of patience.....I am one unhappy camper! I hope the devs are reading this and will be more careful with the next game they put out.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 20, 12 1:42 AM
Hi ediegamer,

If the game is freezing, this could be fixed or improved by running some graphic updates. It's worth giving a try. I suggest you to check our help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If none of these tips help, please contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

usaflno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by usaflno on Nov 20, 12 10:33 AM
I can't get the door to the ride to open. I click all over it and it doesn't open.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 21, 12 4:47 AM
Heya usaflno, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry that the door to the ride just won't open!

We found that in these cases it often helps to uninstall and reinstall your game as this will make sure that all files are put back in their right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Nov 22, 12 6:12 PM
judysm1946 wrote:I cannot get the lighthouse to unlock using key, then 1 & 7.Is anyone else having this problem? Also, this game keeps freezing & giving me error access codes.

it is 4 and 7...

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Nov 24, 12 12:06 AM
Had several access violation notices; reinstalled and then had some more.
Used an item at one point, but it didn't take it away-it took something else instead. Pointing at the item that should have disappeared said it was the item it had actually removed.
Closed down and when I went back the correct item was back where it should be.
After lots of restarts in the game I finally managed to get all the way through the bonus chapter.
Hoping for a fix for an otherwise great game.

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Nov 24, 12 7:11 AM
b1ackburn wrote:I cant even get any of the game to download!!!!

I bought game after demo for 30 mins, now it wont down load! any luck with yours yet?

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Nov 24, 12 7:14 AM
Played demo for 30 mins, beautiful game love it! Bought game, now it will not down load, its been at 4% for over 30 mins, rebooted computer, started over still wont!
Not my computer, I have many down loads that work just fine, any ideas? Help?

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 24, 12 7:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

judyglenning, I'm glad you could finish the game in spite of the multiple access violations error messages and restarts. Reinstalling the game works as you could see, but I encourage you to read this helps article that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

teeka57, this speed of download seems extremely slow indeed. It sounds like something is interfering with your downloads, if you would like to make some adjustments to ensure this is not the case, the following help article will help you to do that:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the issue persists though and both of you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgTokoro

darti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by darti on Nov 24, 12 5:47 PM
I didn't get any access violation errors, but......my computer crashed twice in the middle of the game. When I tried to reload the game, the saved game was corrupted. I don't want to risk playing this a third time, would you just please refund my 2 game credits used to purchase this game. Thanks

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Nov 24, 12 8:05 PM
I had no problems till I was in the light house then the mouse froze and would not move, then jumped around on the screen.Had to manually shut the game down.
Disapointed as other games from these devs have been fine.

Go to: