mmmm99
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by mmmm99 on Nov 17, 12 4:10 PM
Also having problems at the yacht. Now downloading for the 3rd time. Accepted C++ at demo then had to repair it after buying. Trying to keep track of all that happened. I did get a Microsoft update between the demo download and the purchase download. Checked Adobe and downloaded Flashplayer, Shockwave was already current version. Went back to game and backed off the yacht and played around but when I came back to the yacht it froze again. Each time task manager shows the game is not running when it freezes. I did lose the sound during my last attempt at play. Will try one more time and if I still have problems will start over with new player. I REALLY like this game so will do Dr. Felix and report to if I can't solve the problem. Oddly enough, everything in my inventory switched from last item at the right to first item at the left when I d/l the second time. Challenging!
Running Vista.

ETA - started over with new player, froze at yacht. Sent Dr. Felix to and hope everyone else will too. I so want to be able to play this game.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 10:08:27 AM PST

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on Nov 17, 12 4:59 PM
I got to where you have to put the 2 piano keys on the organ put them on, and it keeps telling me that I have to put the keys on the organ
Anybody else get this glitch?

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 5:00:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Alexaanavid on Nov 17, 12 5:32 PM
Also experiencing the game freezing on the yacht! No pop ups or anything, just freezing...

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Nov 17, 12 6:51 PM
Played for about 40 minutes and all went well........exited the game for a while and when I went back in I had only 20 minutes left and no sound at all. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and had sound but not enough time to see if this was going to continue to be a problem.

I think it is a great game and hope they can fix the bugs.........I would like to buy it but won't buy it until I see there has been a fix. I like games by this developer. Surprised they missed the problems. It has me hooked but no buy for now.

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Nov 17, 12 9:25 PM
My system freezing at the the yacht as well...CTRL/ALT/DEL = nothing - 4 times had to shut down manually...Dr. Felix will NOT fix this...better get a patch ...or I want my money back...

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 9:26:57 PM PST

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Nov 18, 12 2:13 AM
happyme76 wrote:I got to where you have to put the 2 piano keys on the organ put them on, and it keeps telling me that I have to put the keys on the organ
Anybody else get this glitch?

Same here....everything working fine, ignored C++. Put piano keys in place, but that's it, it won't accept them.
Popped in here first before I tried anything to see if this was a common problem. Didn't even reach yacht...lol

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 18, 12 5:02 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry these problems are hitting so many of you .

As bfgSeine and bfgIzara mentioned it would be great if you could contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report if all the steps that have been posted here, like uninstalling and reinstalling the game and accepting the C++ Add, didn't help with the issues sound and freezing issues.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Nov 18, 12 5:39 AM
Update to my cancellation of Setup of Visual basic C++:

I DETELED this game immediately and ran Malwarebytes. It is free and it is a darn good program, only to be used if anything is considered serious.

So far the initial scan by malwarebytes showed no virus or malware infections, but after reading this thread I am extremely happy that I did not let the setup program run the changes it wanted to make.

This doesn't mean everything is fine. It just means that I may have stopped a bad install.

It's a good idea not to let anything install on your computer unless you know for certain what it is. Otherwise you may have to Restore or worse.

BFG, I love you, but my computer is worth over 1000 dollars and since I am handicapped, it means the world to me.

Looks like a good game. Sorry I will be passing on this one.

Love you all and good luck.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Nov 18, 12 5:53 AM
bfgBiwa I agree that the more information BF tech support has may lead them to a resolution of the problems. BUT several have sent in Felix Diagnostic Reports but I feel is enough information to find out what the issue is or go back to the developers. I have never played a game that this issue and it's happening to so many fishies that I would rather not go through sending a Diagnostic Report............my computer is updated and runs my games without issues, there must be many different brands and types of computers that are having the same problems so I feel it's a game problem that needs to be fixed.

I only buy from BFG and I have faith in Tech Support and Cust.Svc. I would prefer to wait for the resolution of the problem. It does look like a great game and I hope to see a fix soon as I buy it.

Thanks,
Recliner24

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 18, 12 8:29 AM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey there Fishies,

It looks like quite a few of you are having some issues with the sound and the game crashing. It's never fun when that happens!

CiChDa: To help with those activation and trial expiring issues feel free to try<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492"> uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game, making sure to accept the C++ add on.

If you Fishies have already tried the advice of accepting the C++ add on and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team (if you haven't already ). They'll be happy to help provide some additional troubleshooting steps that may help!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Thank you for your attempt to help. I spoke with my son-in-law and that is a code that is used for programming... he advised me that I DO NOT need it, and this man builds /supports/programs for his occupation.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 8:34:04 AM PST

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 18, 12 10:16 AM
I also downloaded this game and got the same thing Visual basic C+++ BUT before that when the game was installing a there was a pop-up on my computer that said Virus....something That pop-up was there for maybe 1/2 second it was so fast blink and you missed it.

I unistalled the game right away and ran my McAffee and my computer was in the clear.

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 18, 12 10:18 AM
see above post

[Post New]by BalsallHeathen on Nov 18, 12 10:46 AM
I had no problem with the trial game - liked it and used a code credit to buy it. Started off well; but then I hit the same bug as most others fishes have.
The game completely freezes when I touch the control panel on the yacht and I have to crash out of my computer to escape the freeze.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. I tried with and without the C++ repair; no change.

I am completely frustrated with this game now.
Come on a quick fix or an equally quick refund please...

I have sent in a Dr Felix report.
My OS is Win XP.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 18, 12 11:19 AM
I am beyond fuming now!

This is just getting stupid, this must be the fifth hidden object game that I have bought that still has problems with no answers, it is stupid. You play for the hour and then after that everything starts going wrong, I mean you only need an hour for people to be sucked in right?

There is still no fix on another game that I bought, a collectors edition at that, which is a lot of money to me and now this one as well.

Sort it out BigFish this is getting beyond a joke, as someone has been with you for a long time and spent a vast amount of money on your site you could at least provide better quality games that actually work.

And to think I was going to give this a good review.

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Nov 18, 12 12:20 PM
Same problem here with the yatch. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled. I even went into my files and deleted the whole file and had to start the game from the begining again. But the same thing happens I get to the yatch and it freezes up.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 18, 12 1:31 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and reiterate some of what bfgBiwa said.

While we Mods definitely track and report on the issues you tell us about through your posts here, the process of getting a game fixed really starts with our Tech Support Team and the information you provide for them. Having Dr. Felix Reports from as many customers as possible also shows how widespread an issue is, which is very important when we get in touch with the game developer.

Tech Support will also have the most up-to-date information about the status of the game and, because they also have access to your account, can advise you about the options you have for returning or replacing the game.

That's why we Mods will ask you to get in touch with them when these sort of issues come up. They are really the best resource for you.

bfgMonongahela

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Nov 18, 12 2:13 PM
I played the entire game and really enjoyed it. Then I went to play for a second game and no sound. Fudge !!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 18, 12 2:25 PM
Hi 123train,

Not having sound the second time through a game is definitely an unusual issue!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at what might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by pinkpetunias on Nov 18, 12 3:23 PM
I am going to get my money back!!! Another game that doesn't work. No sound, freezes at the yacht...just like many others have said. I work on Vista but it doesn't seem to matter. I also got that thing to install. Demo worked fine but once I bought I had issues. Have reinstalled numerous times.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Nov 18, 12 6:14 PM
I also the received 'access violation' when I got on the yacht. Haven't tried reinstalling it yet. Hope I don't have to start over.

Go to: