Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by sierra1213 on Nov 22, 12 12:51 PM
Just finished playing.. I would say it is one of my top favorites.. next to Dire Grove, 13th skull and return to ravenhurst.... ALL AWESOME games... My only negative... I get so addicted to playing them, that I usually complete them on one or two days
I cant wait for the next MCF game!!!

[Post New]by Overantiquated on Nov 22, 12 4:44 PM
I'm sorry..compared to all the othe MCF games..I found this one an absolute waste of money..and after level 6 I quit. too much talking from your psychic and those puzzles from her reading the clues were ludricrous..spinning and spinning and so forth. I will try the next MCF game out First, before buying..tatal let down for me. Hope others enjoyed it more than I did.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Nov 22, 12 4:45 PM
I am a huge MCF fan but this one cannot possibly be the same developer. Dark, ugly graphics, tedious and totally BORING! I am so disappointed.

iPuppy
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by iPuppy on Nov 22, 12 5:39 PM
I think there should be an advisory warning like Escape from Ravenhearst has. This game has twice as many scary moments than the past games.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 3:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that some of you were disappointed by the game and I can assure you that every effort was made to produce the best game possible.

We definitely want to hear your views though, both negative and positive, so if you haven't already, I would suggest submitting a review on the main Game Page or in the Offical Review Thread.

This will allow us to pass feedback along to the development Team who will welcome your feedback.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Nov 23, 12 6:18 AM
I love MCF games but after playing the demo I won't be buying it.
Too much talking for my liking & I don't like the graphics which is a big part of the games of buy.
I'd rather play all the other MCF's over again

[Post New]by purplgurl41 on Nov 23, 12 6:33 AM
Was sorely disappointed! Expected more from MCF! should have played the Trial version before purchasing.

[Post New]by azqmuvia on Nov 23, 12 7:11 AM
I am very disappointed in this game. The repetition of going to the motel and getting the pictures was boring as was the storyline. It could not compare to the quality gaming in the Ravenhearst series. It really didn't peak my interest at any point and the ending lacked a sorely needed punch. I'm glad you dropped the morphing objects theme. Finding hidden objects is the name of the game. Also, having the main character interact with a variety of people adds more interest to a game. Hope the Mystery Case Files creators try harder next time, because it sure didn't look like they made an effort to step up their game on this one.

[Post New]by Coolchik14 on Nov 23, 12 9:45 AM
I just got done playing the game but I couldn't find the key to play the bonus game,Could you tell me how to find it?Thanks
I also loved the game because I am a big fan of all of MCF games !

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 9:47:52 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 12 9:52 AM
Coolchik14 wrote:I just got done playing the game but I couldn't find the key to play the bonus game,Could you tell me how to find it?Thanks
I also loved the game because I am a big fan of all of MCF games !

You need to get the key to the Grime's Quarry from the Warden's desk - that will activate the quarry (bonus section) on your map. Then you need to solve the safe puzzle in the quarry - that will activate the morphing objects.

[Post New]by stornyla58 on Nov 23, 12 11:49 AM
Can someone PLEASE tell what I have to do to get to the BONUS CONTENT?????? I play these games ALL THE TIME ... WHAT AM IMISSING???!!

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Nov 23, 12 2:51 PM
athenakay wrote:All I can say is happy happy joy joy happy happy joy!!!!

Just finished game,all I can say is boring. so much for happy joy joy here.

I have been with BFG off and on since 96 and I didnt even hesitate to buy directly without playing the demo because I have LOVED them all! BUT!! This is Horrible!! Predictable, too much dialogue and I also thought that they was no MYSTERY in the Mystery Case game..What HAPPENED!!!?? New makers of the game or what..I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! I would have been ashamed if I worked on this game and put it out...SMH!!!! So so so SAD!!

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Nov 23, 12 3:57 PM
Absolutely the biggest disappoint from BFG this year. After waiting in anticipation for another of my favorite game lines, I bought it w/out even going to the trial. I mean seriously; this is the best line of games ever! May I now just say, this was an absolute let down! It started out promising, but not long into my journey, I found that this was just a downright boring game w/out much help from the guide and/or hint system. The repetiveness almost put me into a coma. I can guarantee when/if the next MCF comes out in the future, I'll wait until 1) I complete the trial and 2) the reviews to see if it is worth it. To be honest, this game isn't even worth the price of SE. Sorry BFG, but as a huge fan of your usual games, this falls well below the mark

[Post New]by ohjan7 on Nov 23, 12 7:26 PM
I have finished the game but the BONUS section and MORPHING section are still locked. How do I open them? I have been to the quarry, opened the safe etc. Update, okay the mask out of the quarry safe activated the morphing objects. Now I have them and a GQ key and an admission carnival type ticket but no bonus section has appeared on my map. The key and mask appear in the journal but I can't pick them up or anything. What/where will I find this BONUS area on the map? Thanks anyone who can help.

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 10:26:33 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 12 11:30 PM
ohjan7 wrote:I have finished the game but the BONUS section and MORPHING section are still locked. How do I open them? I have been to the quarry, opened the safe etc. Update, okay the mask out of the quarry safe activated the morphing objects. Now I have them and a GQ key and an admission carnival type ticket but no bonus section has appeared on my map. The key and mask appear in the journal but I can't pick them up or anything. What/where will I find this BONUS area on the map? Thanks anyone who can help.

Hi ohjan7! Welcome to the pond! Just swimming by to let you know that the quarry and the morphing objects ARE the bonus section. So it sounds as though you have already played them!

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 11:31:53 PM PST

[Post New]by deedee_bear on Nov 24, 12 12:32 AM
Too many errors - could not even get past the first scene - Cursor would not show up when I opened the game, spent 20 minutes of the trial time just randomly clicking to get in the correct place in the options to finally change the cursor setting and it finally appeated. When I got into the game items in the inventory disappear - i found them by clicking on empty bubbles and then clicking where I figured they should go - just got lucky. I figured out the combo to the safe but when I click on the safe the box is blank - no safe, no keypad. Frustrated and I doubt I will spend money on this one.

[Post New]by shampeys on Nov 24, 12 1:13 AM
I too am having difficulty finding the bonus chapter. The strategy guide is pretty much worthless. Went to the rock quarry on the left side of the map by the truck and found no safe to open to get a mask or a key. Is this the right quarry since nothing is named on the map for reference points. It would be nice to get the Collector's Edition that I paid for.

To anybody having difficulty with the game having glitches such as cursor disappearing or close up scenes missing go into options and make sure the box next to high definition is unchecked. Apparently this game does not support a lot of video game cards that are out there. Once this was completed, the game went on without a flaw.

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 1:14:27 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 24, 12 2:41 AM
shampeys wrote:I too am having difficulty finding the bonus chapter. The strategy guide is pretty much worthless. Went to the rock quarry on the left side of the map by the truck and found no safe to open to get a mask or a key. Is this the right quarry since nothing is named on the map for reference points. It would be nice to get the Collector's Edition that I paid for.
Did you find the key on the desk in the warden's office? That triggers the quarry location. The quarry is on the left side of the map, fairly close to the top.

[Post New]by debbieomi on Nov 24, 12 4:55 PM
My granddaughter and I just finished the game. We felt is was a decent game, if it had not been put out by Mystery Case Files. This game was very repetitive for all 9 locations. Poor hide and seek puzzles. Bring back the excitement of the past. Are BIG FISH game writers getting to old to come up with different puzzles. By the way it took 4 days to get through the game, both of us just couldn't stay involved. I hope the next one is up to the standards we have come to expect for Mystery Case Files.

pacific46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pacific46 on Nov 24, 12 6:34 PM
I can't help agreeing - I am about half way through, and can't work up any enthusiasm. I don't know why - the developers just don't seem to be able to get it right ! Escape from Ravenhurst was completely over done and gross, now we have a product which is really bland and uninteresting. Furthermore, so far. it doesn't seem to have ANY of the features of any of the others which: whatever their faults, at least had an atmosphere!
Even the graphics seem bland and colourless, as does the music.
Every time I play it, I have to go back to the original "Ravenhursts" to console myself. Such music, such atmosphere, so interesting! And absorbing!
Sigh!

Go to: