Chapter 4: The School

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Chapter 4: The School

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 5:57 AM
The queen is a card stuck in the yellow hat on the right of the screen and the airplane is a paper plane in front of some books on a desk sorta centre L.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 22, 12 6:17 AM
Thank you so much!

lee

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Nov 22, 12 6:29 PM
Hey, the boy takes a bus to the school which is two buildings away from his house. Short ride.

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 22, 12 7:28 PM
About the lock on the shed - I have the lighter, but no M80 (whatever that is) from Sam's (?) locker. Is that one of the lockers outside the schoolroom, because I've got everything I can from them and can't go back to them now. Or am I meant to be looking somewhere else?

HELP!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 7:33 PM
Mr_Krabs wrote:About the lock on the shed - I have the lighter, but no M80 (whatever that is) from Sam's (?) locker. Is that one of the lockers outside the schoolroom, because I've got everything I can from them and can't go back to them now. Or am I meant to be looking somewhere else?

HELP!

It looks like a little stick of dynamite or firework and it is in Sam's locker. If you've not opened it yet, have you seen the spirit in the playground?

[Post New]by patsy205 on Nov 22, 12 11:03 PM
I cannot get the sandbox to work according to the Stratergy Guide. The bucket for the beginning of the castle will not work. This is the worst Mystery Case Files Game ever. Have always looked forward to each new one. Wish I had not bought this game. So disappointed.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 12:36 AM
Use the buckets on the pile of sand to the right of the sandbox. It can take quite a few gos to find the right spot, but it is sort of half way down the pile, if I remember right.

Good luck

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 3:59 AM
Hi patsy20,

As Rumbitothecore suggested, the bucket has to be filled with sand before it will make the castles. If you click on the bucket and then on the heap of sand to the right, the bucket should pop back into your inventory, full of sand.

If that is not working, it may be that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

That being said, if this doesn't help, please do contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

Re:Chapter 4: The School - ladder and bell tower

[Post New]by MrsMussar on Nov 23, 12 11:26 AM
I am stuck at the bell tower. The strategy guide says I need to use a ladder to get to the top of the tower but I can't find the ladder.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 11:29 AM
Click on the wood leaning against the wall near the lockers. They fall down and there is a mechanism to bring down the ladder.

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 23, 12 12:17 PM
Back to the shed door - thanks for the reply asking whether I've seen the ghost in the playground. I went back to the infrared camera, but still no ghost! There's something I haven't done and I just can't work out what it is! So dumb. Any more suggestions, please?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 12:24 PM
You have to complete the hang man puzzle on the blackboard to make the spirit angry. Then go back to the camera and you should be able to see it then.

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 23, 12 12:35 PM
Thank you so much! I realised I needed to charge another picture in the schoolroom, then the SG (which has generally NOT been that helpful) led me to the blackboard, etc, etc. but I couldn't have done it without your help in the first place - most grateful.

[Post New]by MrsMussar on Nov 23, 12 1:37 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Click on the wood leaning against the wall near the lockers. They fall down and there is a mechanism to bring down the ladder.

Thanks Rumbi but still not getting anywhere. The handle of the ladder mechanism breaks off and nothing in my inventory seems to have any affect on it. Any suggestions?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 23, 12 1:51 PM
MrsMussar wrote:Thanks Rumbi but still not getting anywhere. The handle of the ladder mechanism breaks off and nothing in my inventory seems to have any affect on it. Any suggestions?
Try cutting the mechanism ropes with your knife. You can access them through the crack in the wall.

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 1:51:26 PM PST

[Post New]by MrsMussar on Nov 23, 12 4:07 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
MrsMussar wrote:Thanks Rumbi but still not getting anywhere. The handle of the ladder mechanism breaks off and nothing in my inventory seems to have any affect on it. Any suggestions?
Try cutting the mechanism ropes with your knife. You can access them through the crack in the wall.

Oh of course - thankyou thankyou thankyou!

[Post New]by Stacy0603 on Nov 23, 12 5:00 PM
I still can't zoom in on the tripod for the camera!!!! Uggh! Any ideas???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 24, 12 12:13 AM
Stacy0603 wrote:I still can't zoom in on the tripod for the camera!!!! Uggh! Any ideas???

Hi Stacy0603! Welcome to the forums!!
There is an entire thread devoted to this issue, copy and paste the URL to see it: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/229629.page

Unfortunately, the bottom line is that there is no fix, but the work around of starting the game over as new player seems to work. Sorry I don't have better news! Please get in touch with customer support and submit a Dr. Felix. The more info CS has about the issue and the more people that report the issue the more likely they can come up with a fix!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 25, 12 12:57 PM
Cannot find the soldier for the middle sand castle. Any help? Thanks

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 25, 12 1:12 PM
pvsquare wrote:Cannot find the soldier for the middle sand castle. Any help? Thanks
I'm pretty sure it should have been where all the other stuff was: in the cardboard box in the garage.

Go to: