Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 24, 12 11:47 AM
Guylee,

You and I both. I spent ages on trying to play the piano and the door kept telling me there were way too many combinations. I didn't realise you had to cover the holes in the roll with the sellotape first!

And I thought it was just because I'm so unmusical!

Too much gaming.... must take a break!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

Re:Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office- FREEZE

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Nov 27, 12 4:09 PM
kiamon wrote:
blues811 wrote:I already tried few times- with the same result. everytime i do the close-up on the post board in the coroner's office- image freezes. any updates to fix the bug? or any suggestions how to get over this part ? Thanks

I am having the same problem....what is the fix? I can't move on.

Same here. I found what my problem was and maybe this will help. I had turned off high def in the options box hoping to improve performance. Turned it back on and that post board was suddenly usable.

[Post New]by shaz50 on Nov 29, 12 4:47 PM
I have tried everything told to me by the tech guys to get my cursor back when trying to get the items off the cork board update direct X change resloutions etc change profile and try again so dod all of that and still cursor disappears am really fed up that we have brought a game waited a whole year for and nothing but clitches and yet they do not seem to want to do anything about it such a shame as seems they paid far to much for the actress did a huge hype for the release of it and disappointment all round as the game will not play and without doing what we need to the game wont move on.

Come onguys get the problems resolved so that we who have been with you for a long time and spent a fortune on games wont lose faith in you.I have been checking everyday just in case a solution has been found and yes i have re installed the game 5 times and yes tried playing using a different profile and still same problem
i also turned off the HD turned it back on still no luck
So frustrating.

UPDATE

THis is what i got from Customer Support feel that they are treating me like an idiot

Thanks for writing in, this is Stephanie in Seattle. I wanted to first apologize for the delay in our response. We're working hard to get back on track, and I’ll do everything I can to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition, and after all the troubleshooting steps, the game's still not working on your computer.

I wanted to let you know that we really do make the best effort to test all of our games, which includes beta and in-house testing them before they are released. Most of the time if there are any issues that show up, they're caught during the testing stage. However, because each game is developed a bit differently, the way they interact with different computers might vary.

After reviewing the Dr. Felix report that was sent to Geoff, I found that Shadow Lake is a bit more graphic intensive and can sometimes have trouble interacting with the specific video card on your PC. It's recommended to have a minimum 128 MB of display memory for this game, and it looks like the current video card has 64 MB. That's not to say that that all the games will run this way. It seems to be an issue with this game in particular.

Basically, what is happening is that your system is trying to launch the game but it doesn't have enough memory to fully run the game and won't launch correctly. For most

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 8:28:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Bellaboo34 on Nov 30, 12 1:41 AM
I have the exact same problem. Just the cork board causes my cursor to disappear and I have to control alt delete to task manager outta the game. Posting this in bugs as none of the fixes work. Glad to know I am not the only one.
shaz50 wrote:I have tried everything told to me by the tech guys to get my cursor back when trying to get the items off the cork board update direct X change resloutions etc change profile and try again so dod all of that and still cursor disappears am really fed up that we have brought a game waited a whole year for and nothing but clitches and yet they do not seem to want to do anything about it such a shame as seems they paid far to much for the actress did a huge hype for the release of it and disappointment all round as the game will not play and without doing what we need to the game wont move on.

Come onguys get the problems resolved so that we who have been with you for a long time and spent a fortune on games wont lose faith in you.I have been checking everyday just in case a solution has been found and yes i have re installed the game 5 times and yes tried playing using a different profile and still same problem
i also turned off the HD turned it back on still no luck
So frustrating.

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Nov 30, 12 7:35 AM
I have the same issue with the cork board. I have contacted CS and posted here several times. I think it is horrible that we have seen two updates but no answer to the cork board problem. I have spent time and money on this game. I don't want a coupon for another game. I want to finish this one. A polite rubber stamped response isn't cutting it anymore. A fix is needed. Every time someone new posts about this and is suggested that they need to update their directx or graphics card it is like you are saying this isn't a real "bug". And that you are ignoring the rest of our complaints about this problem.

[Post New]by tine25 on Dec 1, 12 9:46 AM
Hi I have a problem whit the coroner's office i went to the billething board and see the picture but casandra didn't gave my the drawings so i went to the sherif office and i opened the safe i see the files i and every time when i klik hunt is sayng my to go to coroner's office and showing to the boar please help

[Post New]by boatcamper on Dec 3, 12 4:24 PM
I found a screwdriver in the drug store after crashing the VW

Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office

[Post New]by gordonp on Dec 4, 12 1:58 AM
Have lost cursor on bulletin board in Coroners Office. How can I stop the game freezing at this point

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 4, 12 2:25 PM
Hi gordonp,

I'm sorry to hear the cursor has disappeared on you!

If you haven't already done so, please try the suggestions in the help article here, which we recommend when a game freezes that way.

If that doesn't get things resolved, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be causing the trouble. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Pumpkin2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Pumpkin2 on Dec 4, 12 4:42 PM
I have the bobby pin & the screwdriver for the coroners office. I am unable to get the door to open the locks keep falling. I have tried to keep them all up at the same time & its not working. How do you open the lock???

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 4, 12 5:43 PM
Pumpkin2 wrote:I have the bobby pin & the screwdriver for the coroners office. I am unable to get the door to open the locks keep falling. I have tried to keep them all up at the same time & its not working. How do you open the lock???
The lock pieces all fall at a different speed. So you need to first click the ones that fall slowest, and end with the ones that fall really fast, with the aim of getting all pieces outside of the lock at the same time. I think the order is 5, 4, 1, 3, 2. It takes a bit of dexterity, though!

[Post New]by deekatie on Dec 5, 12 2:13 PM
I am also stopped at the bulletin board in the coroner's office. Cursor gone.With so many of us complaining of this expect it is a game glitch. First time I have bought an extended version, will save my money next time. hopefully there will be afix.

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Dec 6, 12 12:24 PM
Still Have NOT seen anything on the fix for the Coroner's Office! Either a fix or My 13.99 back ..Big Fish sure is getting slack on these problems!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 6, 12 12:42 PM
Hey there Fishies,

If you haven't already it would be really helpful if you would write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. While those cursor issues are certainly frustrating, writing in will help to collect specific information and help to resolve the issue. They'll also see if there are any slight changes that can be made to help.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thank you!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Dec 9, 12 11:10 AM
I am with sgtsedlak (see update or tech issue threads) I would like a fix to the cork board issue. I have been emailing customer support. Did the Dr. Felix, tried all the help suggested on the pages. Customer support has even stated they know about this glitch. I would like to see a fix to this glitch since we have had two updates, and several people screaming about this problem across several of the forum boards (where this message will be placed).
At this point not fixing this problem for the people who have spent their money or credits has gone beyond horrible customer service. Offering a coupon for a different game is a nice gesture, but by the time you get to the glitch as a player you have invested a lot of time in the game. You want to FINISH the game, know how it ends, and get the satisfaction of solving it. It is a widely known problem on your game. Please fix it. I would hope that you would have it fixed before you release it the regular version. For those of us who bought the collectors version it would be a slap in the face if you released the regular version without a solution to this glitch.

eskarina_
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

DISAPPEARING CURSOR on the board in the coroner's office

[Post New]by eskarina_ on Dec 19, 12 4:05 PM
i went past the cork board straight into autopsy, did something there and then returned to the office, clicked on the board and did not lose the cursor - hope this helps others, too

[Post New]by AdryLJ on Jan 1, 13 11:37 AM
Yeap! I have the same problem with my cork board, the cursor's gone. I've sent the report to tech support team with DrFelix report & its been 2-3 days, still no answer. Hope you guys can settle this bug quickly because I think I've begin to lose interest in finishing the game. Just saying...

[Post New]by hollowz on Jan 3, 13 5:31 PM
I don't know if this the right place to ask, but where is the trumpet in evidence room?
I'm looking for it for an hour and still don't get it..

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 4, 13 1:39 AM
hollowz wrote:I don't know if this the right place to ask, but where is the trumpet in evidence room?
I'm looking for it for an hour and still don't get it..
It's tucked away on the top shelf all the way in the top left corner of the screen. That one tripped me up all three times I played it - guess I finally remembered now!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 4, 13 11:02 PM
For those who have lost the cursor at the cork board, this post was in the tech issues thread...
Ghostkitty wrote:Hey Fishes ,
For everyone who's having a problem with their cursor and the corkboard...I found a post that suggested
click on the board with your knife

...then click on the envelope...the knife will drop from your cursor and you'll be able to continue...This worked for me

Might as well give it a shot.....
Let us know if it works for you!!

Edited on 01/04/2013 at 11:03:25 PM PST

Go to: