Morphing items

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Morphing items

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Nov 21, 12 1:42 AM
suze14 wrote:loved this series and even bought the game without looking atdemo.......more fool me this game is crap and from me as an avid fan of mcf i am so disappointed

I totally agree ....I remember buying huntsville all those years ago....and each game since then....I was hoping that one of the Big Fish team would say....'sorry folks we released the wrong game - '.....ah ha ha !! But, no LOL.....

[Post New]by snook3 on Nov 21, 12 2:42 AM
None of the objects are morphing as listed,what do I do?Unistall and re download?Help!!!Looks like have to go Quarry safe first to unlock them.Thanks.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 2:55:57 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 21, 12 3:19 AM
Imberis wrote:Could we (pleeease ) get an explanation as to how we find them or at least if we'll be notified in-game through one of those little pop-ups when they start? So far the game has said nothing about it, so I'm a little confused.

Edited to add: For those wondering, you do actually have to "unlock" the morphing objects by completing the bonus section! It gives you a little pop-up telling you that you can find them now. I found the one from bfgBaikal's hint further down this page, and it's really subtle.

Say WHAT?!?!?!

No way. We have to complete the bonus section before we get to find the morphing objects? So you have to play the game more than once just to get the pleasure of looking for them? That's a terrible idea. I play hogs once... once you've already played the last thing I want to do is go back and search for more stuff... the fun of morphing objects is looking for them as you go along. Like in Dire Grove.

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 21, 12 3:59 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:
Imberis wrote:Could we (pleeease ) get an explanation as to how we find them or at least if we'll be notified in-game through one of those little pop-ups when they start? So far the game has said nothing about it, so I'm a little confused.

Edited to add: For those wondering, you do actually have to "unlock" the morphing objects by completing the bonus section! It gives you a little pop-up telling you that you can find them now. I found the one from bfgBaikal's hint further down this page, and it's really subtle.

Say WHAT?!?!?!

No way. We have to complete the bonus section before we get to find the morphing objects? So you have to play the game more than once just to get the pleasure of looking for them? That's a terrible idea. I play hogs once... once you've already played the last thing I want to do is go back and search for more stuff... the fun of morphing objects is looking for them as you go along. Like in Dire Grove.

You can unlock the quarry at any time once you find the key gamergirl675; once it's available you can play it at any point during the game. I managed to unlock the safe and start the morphing objects less than halfway through the game.

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Nov 21, 12 5:12 AM
Where are all the morphing objects????
Ì`ve played 75 % of the game, but I`ve got not one object!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 12 5:14 AM
The first time I visited the quarry, I didn't have anything in my inventory to accomplish the tasks at hand. So I simply assumed that would come much later.

I went back and visited all the places prompted by the psychic. Then, achieving the final task with the psychic, the game was over, without my having done the quarry or finding any morphing objects.

At what point was I supposed to do the quarry? I can open the game now but it only leads to Cassandra's final short speech, and game over. I have nothing in inventory but an IR camera.

Would I need to start over?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 5:19 AM
dolilikestoplay wrote:Where are all the morphing objects????
Ì`ve played 75 % of the game, but I`ve got not one object!

You have to unlock the safe in the quarry for the morphing objects to be activated.

You can do this at any time, even after you have finished the game.

Lady Cav...You don't have to start a new game. Just press play and it will take you back to just before you see Cassandra for the last time. You can then access the Quarry from the map.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 12 5:21 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Lady Cav...You don't have to start a new game. Just press play and it will take you back to just before you see Cassandra for the last time. You can then access the Quarry from the map.

I understood that from reading other posts, but with nothing in inventory, it seems impossible to get to the safe now. Isn't the safe the trigger for being able to find morphing objects?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 5:39 AM
Have you picked up the key from the Warden's desk in the prison? That is the only thing you need to access the Quarry.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 12 5:42 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Have you picked up the key from the Warden's desk in the prison? That is the only thing you need to access the Quarry.
Yes, I did that early one, as I stated in my post, but I didn't have the right tool to get into the office. Now there's nothing but a camera in my inventory and no way to find a lever, I am assuming.
ETA: Would have looked in the Strategy Guide, had it been a proper SG so I could go back multiple pages, but that is not an option with this SG.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 5:44:00 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 5:46 AM
Sorry, so you are in the Quarry.

There is a wrench in the cab of the crane.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 12 5:48 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Sorry, so you are in the Quarry.

There is a wrench in the cab of the crane.

Ah! I had only seen a spot that needed a lever. I never saw the inside of the cab. Thank you, Rumbi! I'll go back after some RL chores, and see if I can access that now. Again, thanks - you provided the help that the SG didn't.

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Nov 21, 12 7:02 AM

You have to unlock the safe in the quarry for the morphing objects to be activated.

You can do this at any time, even after you have finished the game.

Thank you Rumbitothecore!!!
I was in the quarry, but I haven`t unlock the safe.
Thanks again!!!

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 21, 12 9:11 AM
Well I've solved the main case, but now cannot access my supposed bonus of hunting through the same old scenes looking for morphing things. Early on, I got the darned safe down and fiddled with it. went away, returned and fiddled some more. Saw a mention of the ledger being of aid and fiddled even more, but the safe NEVER opened! I tried almost every combination possible for the third tumbler, since the other tumblers are supposedly provided in the ledger, but nothing works. At this point, I am thinking it is not worth the hassle any more. This game has managed to surpass last year's for being a major disappointment altogether and the lack of a decent bonus makes it a rip-off, too. Fine Thanksgiving gift from BFG? NOT!

majestick
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by majestick on Nov 21, 12 10:10 AM
I got the safe down but can't figure out the code for the safe, I am pretty sure i got the right heart and spade code just cant figure out the diamond code, driving me batty, that I have beat the game and a safe is kicking my behind.

megs33
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by megs33 on Nov 21, 12 10:18 AM
majestick wrote:I got the safe down but can't figure out the code for the safe, I am pretty sure i got the right heart and spade code just cant figure out the diamond code, driving me batty, that I have beat the game and a safe is kicking my behind.

If you want to know the answer, Margie B has clues and then an answer in her posts in this thread.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 10:18 AM
There are posts on the first page of this thread that will help you.

Chapter11: Grimes Quarry

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/229614.page

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 4:14:39 AM PST

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Nov 21, 12 7:33 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Not to worry sunfish09, you will be able to track back and find them even after the game has been completed!

bfgBaikal

I complleted the game... cannot fine the bonus section nor the morphing objects... help please... thanks...

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 21, 12 8:00 PM
Giliraz, if you did the stuff at the Quarry, that was the bonus. Finishing the puzzle there unlocks the morphing items, which is also part of the "bonus." There's no bonus section at the end, they stuck it in the sort of middle of the game.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Nov 21, 12 8:44 PM
thank you ... I unlocked the safe and found all the morghing items, thanks for the list...

Go to: