Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by gunther118 on Nov 25, 12 12:30 PM
eigus wrote:am having trouble when i am in the bedroom of the lane house the game will not let me skip or pick up the metal object on the window sill after i fix the window i have to close the game to get out of that problem tried to unstall and reinstall but it didn''t work

I'm having the same problem, have you been able to fix it ?

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by oceanjonesn2 on Nov 25, 12 1:32 PM
in first story I got the paint mixer to work the first time but the second time nothing I can put the paint cards up and pick up the paint brush but it will not let me move around in the puzzle or skip, How do I get around this?

After uninstalling and reinstalling three times it works fine right now thanks for the info

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 3:42:42 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 3:24 AM
Heya Fishies,

It sure can be frustrating to be stuck in a game you like .

gunther118 - Welcome to the Pond! If you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game already, it could also help to make sure that all your drivers are up to date with the steps you can find here.

oceanjonesn2 - Welcome to the Pond as well! When a puzzle doesn't react properly we found that often uninstalling and reinstalling the game solved the problem.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Nov 27, 12 10:55 AM
When I try to download/install the game It takes me to a different site that my security warns me about it says it's not the site I was looking for it is skimresources"dot"com

Just so you know. That sounds like it's not anywhere I want to go, needless to say I did not proceed to that page.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 27, 12 11:37 AM
Definitely weird that the download is taking you to another site Mystdee2! Usually when a game is installed directly from our website it downloads directly to the Game Manager on your computer.

Since our games are guaranteed to be virus free, it's possible that the anti virus on your computer may be accidentally flagging the download and causing those issues. Feel free to try the instructions from the following help article for that:
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Also please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix Report. They're great and will be happy to work with you to help figure out what the issue may be.

Good luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 11:38:57 AM PST

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove Picked up item disappears from inventory

[Post New]by deuxchat on Nov 29, 12 8:45 PM
I have tried playing the first case twice. The first time I got as far as the cipher puzzle but had not picked up the cipher and was frozen - could not go back or foward. So created a new profile and started over again. This time, I got as far as opening Haley's sculpture shop but the crank which I had previously picked up from the desk of Sabrina at the law office had disappeared from my inventory ! I went back and looked on the desk by the phone, and the crank wasn't there. It vanished and now am about to give up on this game.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Dec 1, 12 12:41 PM
No problems with the first game, but at the end of the 2nd I can't move anything in the mini games :-((( ie the lock in the lodge and one other, I had to wait for the skip button to fill.

[Post New]by TigerFan1962 on Dec 2, 12 5:06 PM
Seems to be a glitch in the law office scene of the first mystery. Hidden object scene is "sparkling" and a puzzle is in the bookcase but neither will open. Every mouse click in that room causes 1 of the 2 lawyer dialogue boxes to open and nothing else happens. Have tried both uninstall/reinstall and starting over as another player and cannot get past this point. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

[Post New]by zbee610 on Dec 4, 12 2:23 AM
eigus wrote:am having trouble when i am in the bedroom of the lane house the game will not let me skip or pick up the metal object on the window sill after i fix the window i have to close the game to get out of that problem tried to unstall and reinstall but it didn''t work

I about went nuts on this one. I ended up having to go into options and unhceck the custom cursor. The game worked fine after that.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 4, 12 6:07 AM
Hi fishies,

If uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not help, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team. We will look into each issue with great care.

Good luck

bfgTokoro

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 4, 12 1:24 PM
Guess I'm the odd man out so to speak because my game shuts down. I got to the gallery where you show her the paint chips, and she spills her guts that she was there then BAM. Game closes. I reload the game, and as soon as I get back to that scene it shut down again.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 4, 12 2:01 PM
Hi dashwood95,

If you haven't already done so, it might help to go through the troubleshooting ideas in the help article below. We find these help a lot of customers that run into that sort of issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

But if you try those and the game is still shutting down, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 4, 12 6:18 PM
Thakns bfgMOnongahela, but I posted to see if any other users are experiencing this same issue only.

[Post New]by zbee610 on Dec 5, 12 8:12 AM

The game worked with the window as soon as I went into Options and took the check mark off Custom Cursor.

[Post New]by nanaofeight on Dec 10, 12 11:18 AM

I am having the exact same problem.... I have to ctrl, alt, delete to leave the scene. The last case can't be played without playing this middle case. I find that the game doesn't operate smoothly in other areas as well. I have to re click objects and am struggling with different puzzles etc not sure as to how to engage with the object to get it to work.. It is not the best game experience for sure.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 11, 12 5:20 AM
Hi nanaofeight,

You're right, it sounds like the game is playing pretty poorly for you and I am sorry about that!

Can I check if you have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If not, I would recommend trying that, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, or you would like more help on this, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by chiuauamama on Dec 16, 12 11:48 AM
I am having a couple of problems. First how do you get rid of the spider in the art supply store; next I can't figure out how to gather some of the clues, i.e. the blue hand print, the piece of paper inbetween the floorboards; what ever is under the grate on Fey Ln.I just read the other posts. I know I will sound dumb but how do you uninstall and reinstall after downloading fro BFG. I did not buy the disk.
Please help

Edited on 12/16/2012 at 12:20:07 PM PST

[Post New]by ttracey on Jan 1, 13 3:02 PM
I too am at a stand still after buying the game online. It worked fine for me until i purchase it. It may be something I am doing on possibly a bug???? I am stuck with the missing puzzle pieces at Natalie's place. I have the puzzle piece with the bird's eye and when I drag it up to the painting, it just goes back to the inventory bug. When I click on the hint button it keeps telling my to place the piece in the painting. I went around and did any other task I could and I still cannot complete this one. Do I need both missing pieces and if so, where can i find the other one? Thanks

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Jan 19, 13 1:05 AM
The key in the grate - when I click on this (obviously I don't have the right equipment) but a totally unrelated message comes up on screen. It looks like a glitch to me.

Everything else is running ok for me so far. The papers on the floor were a bit sticky but i've seen this many times before in other games as well, so i went a bit slower and bit more carefully and it was fine.

I'm in two minds to buy it. I loved the first one.

Fey Street

[Post New]by noahsnanner on Jan 22, 13 5:39 PM
TigerFan1962 wrote:Seems to be a glitch in the law office scene of the first mystery. Hidden object scene is "sparkling" and a puzzle is in the bookcase but neither will open. Every mouse click in that room causes 1 of the 2 lawyer dialogue boxes to open and nothing else happens. Have tried both uninstall/reinstall and starting over as another player and cannot get past this point. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Go to: