shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Reviews for Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 16, 13 1:08 AM
It has all the flavor of the first game. Widescreen, bright, colorful artwork. Jessica has traded in her orange sweater for a purple blouse and matching sweater; perhaps she has aged a bit. Three mysteries to solve; the first murder has occurred in the local Art Gallery. . It is a lovely day in Cabot Cove. It is not raining.

This game may be a tad more task driven than the first, but in the 25 minutes I played there were 2 HO scenes, and no puzzles/mini games. The diary keeps Jessica's notes, objectives and character info. There is no map. The somewhat junk pile HOs are not interactive. As in the first game (I think), the list of word clues have missing letters.

Maybe a small thing, but I hate the cursor. It looks like a hand, so seems always ready to pick up something, but the magnifier when things need a closer look is difficult to see.

Two modes of play -- casual hints recharge in a minute, all areas of interest are highlighted. Advanced hints recharge in 2 minutes; there are no sparkles (except occasionally.) Jessica does a lot of thinking she shares with you, so knowing what you need for a task won't strain your gray matter.

Yes, I watched Murder She Wrote when season one was in prime time, and I have an expiring PCC -- I suppose this will be how I use it for nostalgia's sake.

[Post New]by Investigatrix on Apr 14, 13 5:29 PM
harkonnen wrote:

I am very disappointed in this second Murder She Wrote game. The developers have abandoned the straight HOG format and joined the HOPA bandwagon.

No buy for me, I will just have to go back to playing the first one.

It would have been good if they had offered a straight HOG version also/instead.

[Post New]by Investigatrix on Apr 14, 13 5:34 PM
Agreed. The old version was much more straightforward. And I miss the background music, which was modeled after the Murder, She Wrote theme song. I get sidetracked in this format, which takes away from the pace of the story. In the original game you feel as if you are following Jessica in real time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

[Post New]by brbabe on May 18, 13 12:03 PM
horrible. can't get back into law office to talk to Sabrina. Will not buy this

[Post New]by wendylosangeles on Jul 15, 13 12:45 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. the graphics were nice, the mini puzzles were not too difficult, and the clues were well done. I will definitely be purchasing the first Murder She Wrote game, based on Return to Cabot Grove.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Nov 13, 13 4:37 PM
I absolutely love Agatha Christie and murder she wrote. I sincerely hope there is another coming out soon and on BFG. I played all the cases from MSW 1&2. It is as good as Nancy Drew.

Edited on 11/13/2013 at 4:38:14 PM PST

[Post New]by Margie1802 on Feb 8, 14 4:09 PM
I cannot get past the books on the floor for the first (second? task). There does not have a clue to use, so I am stuck. I really regret buying this game, because the first one was great.

cokienutt
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cokienutt on Apr 6, 14 4:35 PM
Several of us are stuck at Shawn's studio. It calls for a sequence on the wall by a large animal. There are symbols on the chisel frame and in the oven. I can't get anything to work. VERY frustrating. This is just the first of three mysteries. PLEASE HELP US

cokienutt
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cokienutt on Apr 6, 14 4:40 PM
jkuci.......What did you do with big animal sculpture in Shawn's studio. I can't get any of the symbols to work. Several of us are stuck

[Post New]by lilyboo2u on Apr 23, 14 8:28 PM
I really enjoyed the games. Bonus getting 3! in one purchase. Totally recommend it even it is an old lady investigator.

Go to: