bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - November 28, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 2, 12 4:07 PM
panthrah wrote:seen a post or three about the screwdriver bug being fixed.. well I un/re installed and its not there.. Im still stuck *taps fingers* now what? *puts on Aliens*

Hi panthrah,

Depending on where you were in the game when the screwdriver disappeared, it may be that you'll need to also start a new profile for the fix to be applied. Our Tech Support Team will be able to tell you for sure, though. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 4:07:49 PM PST

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Dec 4, 12 4:19 AM
I have the purchased version. If I delete and reinstall, will I have to start over from the beginning? I ask because, frankly, this game is too painful to do over again.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version Available - November 28, 2012

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 12 9:20 AM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Fishies,
<snip>

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!
<snip>

Happy Gaming, Master Detectives!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by daiseydixie on Dec 4, 12 9:40 AM
this is ridicules!! Purchase a game and cannot play! I have done everything possible and still can't get past the corkboard!! Something needs to be fixed!

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Dec 4, 12 11:29 AM
i too am stuck at the corkboard, I have made sure everything is updated, Funny you can play the whole game then get to a prob and they tell you to update. If i needed a update there wouldn't be JUST ONE PROB> Several of the games purchased lately have had gliches in them. Big Fish is getting slack in their checking out of the games. FIX THE CORKBOARD!!

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Dec 4, 12 12:51 PM
I'm going to presume that WilJul put in that response with the clip from bfgMonongahela for my benefit. If so, I thank you.

However, I had already read that clip, and I don't think it answers my question. The instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling a game don't say anything about starting over vs. picking up where you left off, and the sentence that does say that your game should start where you left off appears to be talking about picking up from the trial version, not the purchased version.

Since I already own the game and am about 30% through it, I don't know that bfgMonongahela's info really applies. I thought one of the monitors here might actually know. If not, I'll ask CS. No biggie.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 4, 12 1:21 PM
Hi sarah451,

In most cases, uninstalling and reinstalling the game will allow you to pick up where you left off. However, there are some computer configurations that may remove your saved data when the game is uninstalled, so I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with any questions you might have about doing that.

If you're running Windows Vista or 7, I'd say it's usually safe to reinstall the game without losing your progress. On Windows XP, the files can sometimes be stored in the areas that are removed with the game files, so that would make you start from the beginning in that case.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Dec 4, 12 1:27 PM
well i reinstalled the updated version..No difference.It saved my progress but the game stil sticks on the board in the office. Can not get the items on the board ,can not go any further. I am at 57% into the game. What a rip off

emacarla3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by emacarla3 on Dec 4, 12 5:11 PM
So disappointed too.

Cursor just disappears and leaves me stuck.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Want to play!

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Dec 4, 12 6:19 PM
Thanks, bfgSeine. This will be Win 7, but I think I'll follow your advice and check with CS or TS. If they can tell me which files I need to keep for progress, I can copy them to somewhere that the uninstall won't touch if need be.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Dec 8, 12 8:13 PM
I've been checking back, and see that there's *still* no fix for the corkboard issue(!!) I can understand a delay when you have to go to an outside game company for a patch/fix, but this is YOUR product!!

The Quality Assurance department has fallen down on the collective job when game after game is released for purchase with crash/freeze/unplayable issues, and WEEKS go by with nothing more than "See the Help page" in response to customers' justifiable outrage that they're purchasing games they can't play!

Plain & simple: will there be a fix for this glitch, or are we getting refunds?

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Dec 9, 12 11:08 AM
I am with sgtsedlak I would like a fix to the cork board issue. I have been emailing customer support. Did the Dr. Felix, tried all the help suggested on the pages. Customer support has even stated they know about this glitch. I would like to see a fix to this glitch since we have had two updates, and several people screaming about this problem across several of the forum boards (where this message will be placed).
At this point not fixing this problem for the people who have spent their money or credits has gone beyond horrible customer service. Offering a coupon for a different game is a nice gesture, but by the time you get to the glitch as a player you have invested a lot of time in the game. You want to FINISH the game, know how it ends, and get the satisfaction of solving it. It is a widely known problem on your game. Please fix it. I would hope that you would have it fixed before you release it the regular version. For those of us who bought the collectors version it would be a slap in the face if you released the regular version without a solution to this glitch.

Go to: