bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 3:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

themouse020 - thank you for that feedback. I won't pretend to know a terrible about how the games are constructed but I will be sure to pass your suggestion along.

Gertie911 - could you pick up the mask in the safe? That is the action that triggers the morphing objects so without that, the bonus content will not be unlocked.

Because we have a new version of this game available, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If not, creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

micahgee - Welcome to the Pond!

If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue.

For anyone who has tried the advice already offered, or if you should like more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be glad to offer advice tailored to your issue.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 4:13 AM
My SG isn't working correctly... neither are the hints. I've never been a fan of this "pictures only" SG but at least last time it seemed to work. This game... not so much.

I've been "stuck" or rather the SG has been stuck on the shelf in the warden's office FOREVER. It was there at 38%... again at 45%... and now I'm at 59% and it STILL shows that darn picture of the stupid shelf/fan/typewriter etc. If I click on hint anywhere in the game EXCEPT the warden's office it says that I need to rearrange the items on the shelf to how they used to be. If I click on the hint WITHIN the warden's office it highlights the typewriter.

Now I finished the shelf (including matching the drawing) a long time ago in the game... and no clue if there is something else to do with the typewriter but so far NOPE. I click and click and click... try everything in my inventory... and nothing happens. Since the SG says to do stuff I've already done I can only assume the hint is as well.

Please advise... it seems the SG is about the only real "bonus" other than the morphs and a 15 minute inserted quarry scene so really what am I paying for if the SG doesn't work??? It's very frustrating.

Thanks!!!

ETA: This isn't affecting play but figured I'd mention since it probably isn't supposed to be happening... every once in a while when I go back to an area where I've completed the pop out H0 scene I can click back into it again... just for a second and then it clicks back out real quick. Two examples where it has happened a few times are the drawer in the kitchen (which I've already pulled out and looked behind) but when I go back to the kitchen I can suddenly click into the drawer of stuff again before it exits out real quick and the tent in the boys room... same thing happens. Not every time I enter the scene... it seems to be random or triggered by something I'm not aware of. Maybe it's related the SG glitches... dunno... but figured you'd want to know. Ok also just happened in the school... clicked real fast into the drawer with the books and then into the scene with the chalkboard and other toy type things.

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 4:41:59 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,659 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 23, 12 4:59 AM
kherm1 wrote:I have played it twice. The first time the bonus gameplay occurred early in the game and the morphing objects were unlocked. the second time, I got clear through the entire game and got no bonus game play, no opportunity to get to the quarry, and no morphing objects.
If you found all the morphs first time through, you must play the next time with a different profile as there is nothing to carry over.

[Post New]by kd8ayk06 on Nov 23, 12 5:00 AM
First, I want to say what an incredible let down this game is so far.

Secondly, the audio is off from the video, so I end up reading the subtitle instead of watching the person talking. Also, I am stuck. It keeps telling me to do the scene find in the prison office to charge the paper, I've already done that! I am supposed to be heading to the doc's and I have used hints and it keeps telling me to find the items and rearrange them in the prison's office.

[Post New]by stitchwitch91 on Nov 23, 12 7:47 AM
Whenever there is a magnifier icon and a zoom feature which opens a new window, the window is blank. This happened in multiply screens and makes the game unplayable.

[Post New]by dkeagy on Nov 23, 12 8:04 AM
I still have not found a patch or a way to get another screwdriver to replace the one used on the grate? Has anyone heard how to fix this?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,212 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 8:38 AM
dkeagy wrote:I still have not found a patch or a way to get another screwdriver to replace the one used on the grate? Has anyone heard how to fix this?

There isn't one. Others have re-started the game with a new profile.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 23, 12 8:46 AM
dkeagy wrote:I still have not found a patch or a way to get another screwdriver to replace the one used on the grate? Has anyone heard how to fix this?

My screwdriver disappeared as well. I tried using it where I should but realized I needed another item. When I left the zoom-in screen, the screwdriver went back into my inventory. I used the screwdriver in the prison but I honestly don't remember if that was before or after I tried it on the door. Anyhoo, I got the second item needed for the door however the screwdriver is gone. There have been a couple of times that inventory cells appear emtpy but actually have an item in them (hovering your mouse over the cell shows the name of the item) but this isn't the case. I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, reinstalled and the screwdriver is still missing.

I am going out of town this weekend so I'm going to hope there's a fix by the time I return on Sunday. If not, I'll contact Tech Support.

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Nov 23, 12 8:51 AM
I am in the coroners office, and every time I look at the cork board the game freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated game. My drivers and graphic cards are up to date. I have no other issues playing the game. I know from other post I am not the only one with this issue. Will there be a fix for it soon?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,212 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 8:56 AM
Persistent_Cat wrote:

My screwdriver disappeared as well. I tried using it where I should but realized I needed another item. When I left the zoom-in screen, the screwdriver went back into my inventory. I used the screwdriver in the prison but I honestly don't remember if that was before or after I tried it on the door. Anyhoo, I got the second item needed for the door however the screwdriver is gone. There have been a couple of times that inventory cells appear emtpy but actually have an item in them (hovering your mouse over the cell shows the name of the item) but this isn't the case. I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, reinstalled and the screwdriver is still missing.

I am going out of town this weekend so I'm going to hope there's a fix by the time I return on Sunday. If not, I'll contact Tech Support.

You have to use the screwdriver on the machine and sheriff's door before you use it on the vent. The game has been programmed to get rid of the screwdriver after it has been used on the vent and there is no getting it back. Really the programmers should have made sure that you couldn't access the vent until the screwdriver had been used on the other screws.

There doesn't seem to be any way to get it back and the only thing you can do is to play with a new profile.

[Post New]by bwty1963 on Nov 23, 12 9:01 AM
FINISHED THE GAME BUT CAN'T PLAY EXTRA BONUS GRIMES QUARY AND DIDN'T HAVE THE MORPHIN OBJECT DURING THE GAME

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,212 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 23, 12 9:16 AM
bwty1963 wrote:FINISHED THE GAME BUT CAN'T PLAY EXTRA BONUS GRIMES QUARY AND DIDN'T HAVE THE MORPHIN OBJECT DURING THE GAME

You need the key from the warden's desk in the prison to activate the Quarry location on the map. As soon as you have completed the Quarry the morphing objects will be activated. You don't need to start a new profile, just press PLAY and it will take you back to just before you meet with Cassandra for the final time.

vibrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by vibrett on Nov 23, 12 10:29 AM
luvbug24601 wrote:I am in the coroners office, and every time I look at the cork board the game freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated game. My drivers and graphic cards are up to date. I have no other issues playing the game. I know from other post I am not the only one with this issue. Will there be a fix for it soon?

I too have this issue - I started trouble shooting in live chat but it got really late - I was given more advice that didn't work by email and since then have had no responses to my reply emails so have uninstalled - guess that's a loss of a tenner - not impressed!!

JUST TO UPDATE - I FINALLY GOT A RESPONSE AND HAVE BEEN REFUNDED WITH A VOUCHER - THANK YOU BIG FISH!

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 9:02:17 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,659 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 23, 12 10:40 AM
vibrett wrote:guess that's a loss of a tenner
If CS has tried to help you and your game still doesn't work, you can ask for a refund. You'll get a credit note (coupon) to the value of the CE.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Nov 23, 12 12:29 PM
vibrett wrote:
luvbug24601 wrote:I am in the coroners office, and every time I look at the cork board the game freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated game. My drivers and graphic cards are up to date. I have no other issues playing the game. I know from other post I am not the only one with this issue. Will there be a fix for it soon?

I too have this issue - I started trouble shooting in live chat but it got really late - I was given more advice that didn't work by email and since then have had no responses to my reply emails so have uninstalled - guess that's a loss of a tenner - not impressed!!

i'm having the same problem...hard to believe bf released a high value title with this kind of issue. very disappointed in this installment. hoping bf is resting on the past success of mcf for the future.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 1:41 PM
kd8ayk06 wrote:First, I want to say what an incredible let down this game is so far.

Secondly, the audio is off from the video, so I end up reading the subtitle instead of watching the person talking. Also, I am stuck. It keeps telling me to do the scene find in the prison office to charge the paper, I've already done that! I am supposed to be heading to the doc's and I have used hints and it keeps telling me to find the items and rearrange them in the prison's office.

Hey is that the shelf?? With the fan? Mine is doing the exact same thing!!! No matter how far I get in the game my SG and hint stays stuck at that scene. As far as I can tell the SG is worthless...

ratchet51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ratchet51 on Nov 23, 12 1:58 PM
I could not get through the demo on my mac. It kept crashing and taking my mouse away. I made sure I was up to date on everything. Didn't bother reloading as it takes about an hour or more at our slow rural speeds. A shame, I was looking forward to this especially with the sale. Now no MCF and no sale on other collectors games. So much for my Thanksgiving at BigFish!

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Nov 23, 12 7:26 PM
unlocked the quarry safe, but only half the door opened. still says "won't budge" when i click on it.

i have uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. no use finishing the game.
i hope next year's game is back up to mcf's historically high standards!

[Post New]by chaos_theory on Nov 23, 12 10:38 PM
Like others here I too find myself stuck in the coroner's office bulletin board. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and started over with a new profile to no avail.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 10:53 PM
Found another glitch... not a game stopper but still annoying. In the psychic brain puzzle... when putting the boxes together sometimes one will get "stuck" on top of the completed pieces and your choices are "reset" or "skip"... guess which I picked?! My daughter was watching me play and finally she goes "Just skip it mom, it's not happening." LOL.

Ummm just wondering... did we forget about a little something called TESTING?

Go to: