bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 9, 12 3:47 PM
vhope00 wrote:Have you guys figured out a patch for the missing screwdriver? I have closed the program, left the particular scenes, jumped around with a chicken on my back and nothing has worked. It appears that uninstalling and reinstalling does NOTHING except making you have to start the game all over again. What other suggestions do you have?

Hi vhope00,

The recent update to this game addressed the issue with the screwdriver, but restarting with a new profile will be necessary for it to fully take effect. If you try that and are still having trouble, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can see what else may be going on.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Dec 9, 12 6:05 PM
I had a problem where the journal would keep going back to the "finding the teacher" page and not allowing me to see any this was especially frustrating if i needed to refresh my memory about something.
It seemed like if I discovered something new it would un-bug for a while.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Corkboard in coroners office crashed my game

[Post New]by cherbando on Dec 10, 12 10:23 PM
Has anyone learned how to fix the missing cursor problem when trying to click on the cork board in the coroners office? When I click on the board my cursor disappears and my game freezes. Only control-alt-delete will get me out of it. I have completed 56% of the game at this point. I can't believe the problem is my computer. I am so frustrated. I so looked forward to this next MCF game. Please let me know if anyone got around this issue.

[Post New]by doc5477 on Dec 10, 12 11:47 PM
renujean2 wrote:I'm fairly certain this is a technical issue.

I don't actually know which chapter this is, but the progress shows 80+ percent.

When I'm inside the tunnel and after the video of the reanimated skeleton and after clicking on the wall which reveals the map from someone's office into an area marked "X" through an air vent, the game stops.

It doesn't black out or anything, I just can't click anything because the cursor has disappeared.

So pretty much I'm just stuck there indefinitely.

I have exited and restarted the game a couple of times but I'm still unable to click on anything after the map appears.

Please help me, I'm sooooo close to the ending.

Thank you

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 11, 12 5:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game not performing as it should, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

FIX FOR CORK BOARD FOUND!!!!!

[Post New]by cherbando on Dec 11, 12 3:57 PM
I went to options and turned off the hardware cursor and I was able to continue playing. I hope this works for every one else with this issue.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Dec 13, 12 8:54 PM
cherbando wrote:I went to options and turned off the hardware cursor and I was able to continue playing. I hope this works for every one else with this issue.

Nope, still stuck with an unplayable game. It also looks as though this "Technical Issues" thread has been abandoned by BFG, as there have been no updates offered. That wasn't the case before; maybe they're under new management?

[Post New]by netley on Dec 15, 12 6:39 PM
renujean2 wrote:I'm fairly certain this is a technical issue.

I don't actually know which chapter this is, but the progress shows 80+ percent.

When I'm inside the tunnel and after the video of the reanimated skeleton and after clicking on the wall which reveals the map from someone's office into an area marked "X" through an air vent, the game stops.

It doesn't black out or anything, I just can't click anything because the cursor has disappeared.

So pretty much I'm just stuck there indefinitely.

I have exited and restarted the game a couple of times but I'm still unable to click on anything after the map appears.

Please help me, I'm sooooo close to the ending.

Thank you

[Post New]by netley on Dec 15, 12 6:50 PM
we have tried removing the hardware cursor and still the sam result for train tunnel and corkboard any other suggestions?

[Post New]by ballfour on Dec 16, 12 9:02 AM
hi i am jsut wondering i am in the library and the picture that goes on the lamp wont let me do it i have installed and reinstalled the game so far that is the only thing that hasnt worked on game any body else ahving trouble

[Post New]by Hythentlay on Dec 17, 12 10:18 AM
Looks like I'm unable to run this game. As soon as I click on the launcher I get the famous message "your current graphics device does not support the minimum requierements of this game...."
These are my PC specs:
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: 2.5 GHz (game minimum requirements: 1.8 GHz)
RAM: 4 GB (game minimum requirements: 1GB )
Display Memory (graphics device): 2 GB (game minimum requirements: 128 MB )
DirectX Version: 11 (game minimum requirements: 9.2)
How comes I don't meet requirements if they are way higher than minimum?
I've tried updating all the drivers, adjusting my screen resolution and screen DPI, but nothing seems to work... it looks like the problem really is with the game.
I really hope it gets fixed soon, i love the MCF series and was really looking forward to playing the latest game. Thanks in advance!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 17, 12 10:21 AM
Display Memory (graphics device):

What is your graphics device? Intel chip?

DirectX 9 runs in parallel with DirectX 11. You need both.

[Post New]by Hythentlay on Dec 17, 12 10:42 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Display Memory (graphics device):

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Intel ( R ) HD Graphics 4000

I'm currently downloading Directx 9, let's hope that fixes it... thank you very much!

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 10:42:32 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 17, 12 11:14 AM
sgtsedlak wrote:
cherbando wrote:I went to options and turned off the hardware cursor and I was able to continue playing. I hope this works for every one else with this issue.

Nope, still stuck with an unplayable game. It also looks as though this "Technical Issues" thread has been abandoned by BFG, as there have been no updates offered. That wasn't the case before; maybe they're under new management?

netley wrote:we have tried removing the hardware cursor and still the sam result for train tunnel and corkboard any other suggestions?

Hi sgtsedlak and netley,

Our team is still collecting information and working to figure out what's causing the trouble with the corkboard. If changing the cursor didn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. The information they can collect from you will really help us see where the issue is coming from as it helps to have data from a lot of different computers and configurations. You can read more about how to contact them and send in those details in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 11:15:50 AM PST

[Post New]by Hythentlay on Dec 17, 12 11:21 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Display Memory (graphics device):

Yay! It worked, I can launch the game at last... thank you again!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 17, 12 11:24 AM
Hi Hythentlay and Mr_Russ,

First, thanks so much, Mr_Russ, for swimming in with all that great information!

And now I'm editing my post because I see that did work for you - Yay!!

If you run into any other trouble, our Tech Support Team will definitely be happy to help too. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Happy Gaming!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 11:26:39 AM PST

eskarina_
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by eskarina_ on Dec 18, 12 3:13 PM
the game is really slow loading a scene, every scene and every time - also the film parts don't play properly -
i have these problems only with this game -
(i have tried uninstall and reinstall)
any ideas?

eskarina_
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

MISSING CURSOR IN THE CORK BOARD IN CORONER'S OFFICE

[Post New]by eskarina_ on Dec 19, 12 3:50 PM
i went past the cork board straight into autopsy, did something there and then returned to the office, clicked on the board and did not lose the cursor - hope this helps others too

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 3:55:32 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 19, 12 4:02 PM
Hi eskarina_,

First, thanks for posting that info about the corkboard - hopefully it will help out some other players!

For the issue you describe with the scenes loading slowly, it might help to update your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle those kind of effects. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

Freeing up some space on your computer can also help, so I'd suggest uninstalling any old games you've completed but which are still in your Game Manager. Just click the little trash can icon next to each older title and that will start that process.

But if you try those ideas and the game is still running slowly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

MISSING CURSOR IN THE CORK BOARD IN CORONER'S OFFICE

[Post New]by micahgee on Dec 22, 12 12:21 PM
eskarina_ wrote:i went past the cork board straight into autopsy, did something there and then returned to the office, clicked on the board and did not lose the cursor - hope this helps others too

I got too excited upon seeing this,,tried it on....but still to no avail...this is getting way toooo frustrating already...will wait for a real fix and an update with zero glitches that will stop us from thinking of getting a refund... thanks anyway for the sposed fix....eskarina...i was really crossing my fingers while trying the fix.. it made me feel enlightened for a while despite the unsuccessful result...

Go to: