[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 3, 12 9:05 PM
dull, dark, dreary and boring.!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Dec 3, 12 11:51 PM
After an hour's demo: it started out bad, and never got better--one long downhill slide. Graphics awful, and the dun, morose palette beyond boring. Who on earth thought it worthwhile to show missing children as splayed/broken/mutilated puppets?@#?!
No way I'd ever spend a cent on this one.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 4, 12 12:46 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, There were a lot of HO scenes; more than I would have liked, but the game flowed well.

The Bonus Chapter continues the story, but in the "before" sense. You get to "fix" the problems that were first caused.

The graphics were nice and clear.

I liked the fact that the Strategy Guide was easy to read and kept your place, as you progressed through the game.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Dec 4, 12 1:29 PM
man this game BLOWS.. .I couldn't wait for the free trial to end. .come on ...if you expect people to buy games or get new customers, you need to have better Dev's out there coming up with better ideas...some one is asleep at the wheel.. ...sure glad I got out of the game club when I did, cause lately I wouldn't even waste credits on any of these recent games...and I am talking about since summer...

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Dec 4, 12 6:27 PM
jcsgame wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the game, There were a lot of HO scenes; more than I would have liked, but the game flowed well.

The Bonus Chapter continues the story, but in the "before" sense. You get to "fix" the problems that were first caused.

The graphics were nice and clear.

I liked the fact that the Strategy Guide was easy to read and kept your place, as you progressed through the game.

I also like the game dispite the negative reviews. The Nutcracker is a good game but give dark and dreary anytime!

[Post New]by Goggakop on Dec 5, 12 4:54 AM
I can pull my hair out of my head I bought this game BEFORE reading the reviews !! Now I will just have to play it.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Dec 5, 12 3:27 PM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

Gameplay was really smooth.

Graphics very clear.

Puzzles - okay - nothing special.

HO scenes - very basic - find by word list - no interactivity.

Map - No.

Tasks - No.

Any hidden extras i.e. morphing - No.

Voiceovers - good.

Inventory - doesn't stay put.

My verdict - not CE material and will wait for SE.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Dec 5, 12 8:01 PM
Now please don't get me wrong, I like HOG's but good golly miss molly, not quite this much. Yes it is a great game for one who really (and I mean REALLY) likes HOG's this one will fit the bill. Some of them are easier than others, but like I said if you like this kind then go for it !!!!!!!

indigobuni
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by indigobuni on Dec 7, 12 10:02 AM
I saw my post was removed by moderator, which completely befuddles me. I said nothing that would bare removing. They never even notified me why it was removed. At least email me a valid reason - and not some cookie cutter auto-response. What's sad is I gave thanks to two reviewers who I pay attention to.

I saw an ad for this game on another site (note to moderators that I did not mention the site name or the developer's name) and was anticipating it. I downloaded it and played a couple minutes before having to exit and leave.

Based on the reviews so far, I'm going to have to pass on this one for now. Perhaps down the line I'll take a look at it. I really do look at the reviews, which I'm sure a lot of us do. I appreciate Valdy's and cbtx's reviews most of all. Yours are the first ones I look for.

num1mxmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by num1mxmom on Dec 9, 12 7:19 PM
I enjoyed playing this game. It was challenging enough, not too hard but fun.

Thx

[Post New]by badarmlady on Dec 10, 12 2:14 AM
I quite liked this game - okay so I am an OAP perhaps that is why I liked it so much, yes I do agree that some of the H O are a bit too small to find. Only complaint is the Finale a bit too lame for my liking.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Dec 17, 12 12:35 PM
It's really quite unfair of all of you that compared this game to Nutcracker. This game should stand on it's own merits, not based on some other game that came out recently. For Pete's sake - give this game a decent chance and at least do the demo.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 20, 12 12:15 AM
Too dreary and I hate just HOG's if they have FROG's which I love. I'm getting really bored with these type of games.

[Post New]by iHave2ManyGames on Dec 24, 12 5:33 AM
Cromaxgal wrote:Too dreary and I hate just HOG's if they have FROG's which I love. I'm getting really bored with these type of games.

I don't understand this "review". Maybe not fluent in English....that's OK, this is an international site. Maybe she means she prefers H0 games that are FROGs (I like frogs, ihogs, ihopa-lite). If not, she still isn't alone. Almost all IHOPA-lite reviews contain players writing they don't like HOGs or want less H0S and more adventure. So to all that 'dislike' hogs, go play a game genre you like and since there's a large community in the pond begging for adventure games they should direct their 'wants' to BFG CS, instead of giving a possible good IHOPA(lite) game, a bad review.
I read reviews to find out more about a particular game, not to read who dislikes hogs or wants adventure games with less or no H0s.

I like this game because it has alot of H0S, do-able puzzles, VOs in all cut scenes, story was pretty good and probably would've been perceived better if the same color wash used throughout didn't drag the game down. This could've been an A game but I can give it only 1 because the gray/night color wash looked great outside, the trees, buildings etc are very detailed, but the tone was used throughout the game, even indoors when brighter, bolder colors would've broken up the monotony and I didn't know Chanel red lipstick was around the same time as the Grimms Brothers. That's pushing it and there were a couple of other minor things out of place.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Reviews for Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Dec 25, 12 12:47 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/WBMCh3">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/230952.page>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 8, 13 2:35 PM
As an SE yes, as a CE I feel cheated. Too Short, and too mundane. No interactive HOGS, no interactive map, etc. Should have waited.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 26, 13 8:24 PM
What's with the ENORMOUS cursors in this game?!! Talk about annoying! As many others have already said, this game is yet another dark, dreary, boring game from these devs. (I waited for the SE and used a PCC since I refuse to pay for their games until they improve.)

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 26, 13 7:30 AM
well the game might not be a CE game, it will be a SE game, we give it a 3 out of 5 stars.-----------doug & lisa..................

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 19, 13 12:44 PM
This game is ok, I played the entire game and I found the game to be interesting, the graphics are good, the plot is interesting and the HOScenes were ok, some problems here and there but not enough to make me feel that it was a waste of money for a CE.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Aug 10, 13 2:50 PM
It was a fairly okay game. I like some of the story, although rescuing children....meh....I have had enough of the dewy eyed innocents asking me for help....stop being dumb and going out after dark with mysterious strangers....it never ends well....

Anyway, absolutely no extra's of the achievements or anything, the mini games were okay, but the extra's like wallpaper?....sadly the wallpapers were so dark and of pic's of the game that I don't want to save. The bonus game was probably a half an hour to maybe 45 minutes long.
spoiler alert :
And all it was was a shorter version pretty much of the main game. Just set on an island instead.

All in all, it held my interest to finish it, but although very short (thankfully so, because this game didn't hold my attention THAT well, the ending....

spoiler alert

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT????? I want my villains brought to justice not trapped in a crystal and then loose again in the mini game, I just didn't get that.....

So anyway, was it worth it as a CE? Well for me I have to get the CE just to see, but do I think it would be worth purchasing full price? No. Half price is good enough, and the illustrations were not worth downloading for a screensaver owing to the locations hardly being magical enough to stare at on my computer.....

So nothing left for me on this game and I won't play it over again.

Kind of a flat game.

Edited on 08/10/2013 at 2:50:55 PM PST

Go to: