RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 18, 12 4:07 AM
For those of you who own Macs, this game does not work properly on most of them. If you are lucky the only problem is lack of music (which according to many PC players is very well done). If you have the wrong graphics card / OS combo, the game is unplayable.

Please contact Tech support, the on the right as well as Elephant games. If you have a Facebook account, post on the developer's page for this game. They have fixed the game for the PC players, maybe we can shame them into fixing the game for the Mac players as well.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Dec 18, 12 5:56 PM
marta53 wrote:I purchased the Mac version of this game. Many screens do not display, including the opening sequence and all hints in the easy mode. Items I've collected waiver and disappear. It's a clever game, but it doesn't work very well. I have not had the "saving" issue that others report, nor do I get an error message.

Exact same issues for me- I was really bummed

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Dec 18, 12 6:02 PM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:For those of you who own Macs, this game does not work properly on most of them. If you are lucky the only problem is lack of music (which according to many PC players is very well done). If you have the wrong graphics card / OS combo, the game is unplayable.

Please contact Tech support, the on the right as well as Elephant games. If you have a Facebook account, post on the developer's page for this game. They have fixed the game for the PC players, maybe we can shame them into fixing the game for the Mac players as well.

Wrote several comments on the fb page. Everyone go post a complaint there...I'm not holding my breath, but maybe this will get their rear in gear to fix it for Mac users.

[Post New]by goldenpal33 on Dec 20, 12 11:55 AM
I cannot get the hex key to get the torch in the stairwell

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 20, 12 3:43 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those Mac users who have been having trouble with the display of this game - we've just posted some information about the video card issue in this announcement here.

We are working to help the developers who are affected get this resolved, so please continue to send in your Dr. Felix Reports.

If you have any questions about this overarching issue (rather than with a particular game), please post over in that announcement thread and we'll try to answer you as best we can.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Fogden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Fogden on Dec 21, 12 6:06 AM
goldenpal33 wrote:I cannot get the hex key to get the torch in the stairwell

Neither can I. Looks like it needs a screwdriver not a Hex key. Solution?

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Dec 21, 12 6:23 AM
jennsmom wrote:I was almost at the end of the main game when I got the message that my files were corrupted and my saved game lost! I'm going to uninstall and reinstall, but believe me, I am not a happy fishie. I certainly don't want to start all over again at this point and have it happen all over again.

This has just happened to me too...I am so cross, all that time wasted. If the games are not fully tested and working then DON'T RELEASE THEM, they are too expensive and time consuming and this is the second game I have played this week that hasn't worked properly and this is a CE...sorry, but it's just not good enough.

Edited on 12/21/2012 at 6:39:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Pelle63 on Dec 23, 12 3:01 PM
Hi.
I've finished the game and have played 10 min. of the bonus game, when i needed to stop playing at that time.
Later i would start again at the bonus game, but now it says i have to finish the ordinary game first ???
I don't want to play the whole ordinary game again to play the bonus game, but is there any other way ??

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Dec 24, 12 8:15 AM
Pelle63...did you click on extras when you went back to play the game or did you click play? Clicking on play takes you to the original game. You need to click extras.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Dec 24, 12 8:18 AM
To those that created a new profile, the only way to play the game is from the beginning. I know it sucks because it's happened to me a couple of times but just try to remember how the game went originally and the part you had already played will go quickly.

[Post New]by Pelle63 on Dec 25, 12 6:36 AM
reddleman wrote:Pelle63...did you click on extras when you went back to play the game or did you click play? Clicking on play takes you to the original game. You need to click extras.

Hi.

Yes. i clicked on Bonus Content and then on Bonus Play ( Play Now ).
I didn't make a new profile or something like that, but i guess i have to start all over again to play the Bonus game in the end..

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Dec 25, 12 12:47 PM
Pelle63, sorry it didn't work out for you. I know it's very frustrating when this happens. It's happened to me a couple of times. No one likes to start over because you feel like it's a waste of time since you've already done this and that, but to finish the game is what really matters. That way you know you at least have gotten your moneys worth. Good luck to you on the next game you play. Hope things turn out better for you.

[Post New]by carolthescot on Dec 26, 12 12:22 PM
Every time i try to get the 'gear' near the beginning of the game it freezes.The game works great up til then.I've tried uninstalling and installing it twice and just the same thing happens.Any ideas?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Dec 27, 12 3:37 AM
This is interesting. I downloaded before the fix and didn't realize there had been problems. Managed to get through the whole game and bonus with no problems, even though I played in spurts and closed out and reopened many times. The only odd thing I noticed was that it doesn't show up in the Game Manager! I was working off the desktop icon and when I went to find it in the GM, it was missing. Just odd, not a problem, and will d/l the new version if I want to play again. May have to manually remove the game from my system, though.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 28, 12 4:54 PM
I started playing this game last week, and went back to it 3 days later. It worked great on day one, but today the whole game is jerky. Changing the cursor doesn't work either. I don't really want to start over, and I don't understand how it can work well last week, and not work this week. Any suggestions?

ETA
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but still jerky.

Edited on 12/28/2012 at 6:02:46 PM PST

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jan 27, 13 5:08 PM
I must be doing something wrong....played the game twice and can't get the bonus game to play ? ? ? ? Help! This is a wonderful game....excellent !

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 30, 13 5:15 PM
Hi TinkerOne,

You should be able to access the Bonus Game through the the Extras Menu. If you've found that page, but the bonus game won't launch when you click "Play Now", I definitely think it's best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what's causing the trouble.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by slee45750 on Feb 2, 13 5:47 PM
carolthescot wrote:Every time i try to get the 'gear' near the beginning of the game it freezes.The game works great up til then.I've tried uninstalling and installing it twice and just the same thing happens.Any ideas?

I am having the same problem also. I have tried the uninstall and install twice and did all the requested things in the game freezing, etc... I hate having to pay so much for the game to not even work. I am playing on PC with Windows XP.

Go to: