hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Reviews for Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition

[Post New]by hambon on Dec 8, 12 6:35 PM
I like the concept off this game and was enjoying it but had a problem the game did
not center of the screen so the hint button was partially hidden. I had another game
from BF that had the same problem and its very annoying. I'd really like to have it but
for the money I'd like to have it working properly.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 8, 12 6:56 PM
Original Phantasamat in my Top 5 so, I knew, it would be a "hard act to follow"!
ERS is the only dev who could make this attempt and they scored 8 out of 10!
GOOD
So glad they kept the original Phantasamat music!
Similar story line!
Match 3 mode!
Great cutscenes!
Well done voice-overs.
BAD
NO ACHIEVEMENTS!?
(the achievements in the original Phantasamat were great and enhanced the replay of the game...it is the only game I played all dificulty modes, just to get the achievements!)

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 8, 12 7:09 PM
The 2nd series in Phantasmat. This is a better off version, brighter colors and backgrounds (bummer, cant fill a 26" wide screen, and end up with some sorts of grey color wall-like wallpaper on LHS and RHS of the screen). It didnt degrade the game though, the storyline is still fants, graphics is good and CE is always top of the grade that BFG comes out with.

LOVE it!

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Dec 9, 12 8:54 PM
I have played Phantasmat. I have enjoyed Phantasmat. And you, Phantasmat: Crucible Peak, are no Phantasmat.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 10, 12 6:52 AM
endofmonth wrote:I have played Phantasmat. I have enjoyed Phantasmat. And you, Phantasmat: Crucible Peak, are no Phantasmat.

yep!!!

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Dec 10, 12 2:40 PM
Thank you...Thank you...Thank you... it is about time a decent game came up..I just may have to renew my club subscription. ..this was an excellent demo game...

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Dec 10, 12 10:34 PM
vicalana wrote:
lackoo wrote:Original Phantasmat

This wannabe Phantasmat :

I don't recommend this game .

Ditto

Ditto too.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Dec 11, 12 8:31 PM
I thought this game fell far short compared to the original Phantasmat in all the ways many people have pointed out in this forum. The one thing that was way better than most ERS games was they didn't flash/sparkle/flame/spin/etc. the Hint button, Tasks, (usually a journal), etc. It was so nice not having that constant annoyance. One thing I'm noticing in all ERS games I've played is that about every 5 minutes everything freezes for a second or two. It's like the software has to stop and refresh something. That's beginning to drive me nuts now. But overall this isn't a terrible game by any means, it's just nothing outstanding. The bonus game was awful - seemed put together in a rush.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 11, 12 10:02 PM
I really try to play each game I buy for it's own merit and not compare a game to it's predecessor or to other developers. I'm not a critic nor am I qualified to pick a game apart for any reason except to say whether or not I liked it and why.

I liked this game! Great graphics and just plain fun!! Anything that opens in widescreen (as this did for me) is a definite plus!! I can take or leave achievements. They are fun when they are there, but I feel a lot of pressure to rack up every trophy that I really don't mind not having them. What I miss is a jump map... they really come in handy for me especially when I have to lay a game aside for a day or two. Helps my old mind reorient. Wish this had had one.

What I didn't like about this game was the bonus chapter. It was entirely too short, not enough to do, and really didn't add anything to the game for me. I really hate when the developers allow the B Team to design the HO scenes. They become a real amateur mess with all of the items laid out on a seemingly flat plane... No fun or challenge whatsoever.

All that said, I enjoyed it, recommend it and will play again in the future.

JellyRage
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JellyRage on Dec 12, 12 4:07 AM
I loved the first Phantasmat, and enjoyed this one as well. I am also a sucker for snowy and/or stormy games.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 15, 12 11:44 AM
Is the bonus game worth the extra money? I appreciated Valdy's details (I don't mind spoilers) but would like to know the basic "worth it or not" information.
Buy now or wait for the SE?

pmcx2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by pmcx2 on Dec 19, 12 3:53 PM
debraljensen wrote:Excellent game. Buy and have fun

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on Dec 22, 12 3:38 AM
GREAT Game ~ love the graphics, voice-overs are fantastic! Sound and music in he game go with the story...

And the story makes sense! Puzzle to puzzle, you know where to go next... No map is needed ~ you want to ride the Gondola ~ your tasks lead you to being able to do that...

I'm really glad that I bought this game ~ I'm really enjoying it!

Anne3624
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Anne3624 on Dec 25, 12 10:50 PM
OMG! I loved this game. I played it in Casual mode and simply enjoyed it.

I loved the story and short videos....it kept my interest.

I loved the voice overs! I wished I could talk like Greta!

It wasn't hard to figure out the next steps....never used the guide at all!

And last? I loved.....the butane tanks and how they emptied and clanged as if you threw it on the ground....at least 5? Hahahahaha!

I give it 5 stars!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Dec 26, 12 3:15 PM
I expected too enjoy the story,the art,maybe be a little frazzled by the adventure aspects...but no..what irked me was the glitches or ticks in every hidden object scene...i had to do the,items highlighted in white before my cursor worked and the clicked on objects didn't float nearly forever before being crossed off the list...Otherwise...this game lived up too my personal expectations....guess i'll start it again and see what the match 3 is like...

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 4, 13 10:25 AM
Just finished the game and the bonus game. I don't use strategy guides or walkthroughs so I found this game a bit of a challenge due to some mini games that were lacking in complete directions. Very slow skip/hint buttons. A lot of hit and miss and some frustration getting around and figuring things out. No map that I could find. I play in Casual mode so I can imagine the challenge in the harder modes. HOS were easy enough as were SOME mini games.

I found the voice overs OK and left them on, but turned off the music. Cut scenes were frequent but necessary to the story so leave them on. Graphics were good and crisp, game was fairly long. I did feel frustration with it at times, but was caught up enough in the game to push forward. Task and Hint were not always helpful since they gave direction for moves that you could not make before making others that were not revealed.

Found the game to be somewhat freaky and sad. The bonus game is suppose to answer some questions, but I felt it ended without answers...like did the detective really save the town? What happened to the Otis? I give this game a 3 out of 5. It badly needed a map. A lot of running around...if it had one, I never could find it. Definately get your money's worth here...but be prepared for some frustration.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 23, 13 5:10 PM
I agree with all the above positive posts.

The game ran smoothly with not a single glitch. I liked the storyline and the graphics as well. I won't repeat the "mechanics" that have already been described.

Bravo...bravo! Very good game and I am pleased I purchased the CE. I am looking forward to another like this!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 12, 13 6:41 PM
A typically good ERS game. My only complaint is with the "Bonus" Collectors Editions IMHO this is just a way to charge twice the price for a game. The only thing I ever use is the extra chapter and I could easily give them up for half of the price. I know they usually come out as a CE at a later time, but I need something to play, so I buy a CE.
Am I the only one that feels this way?.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 23, 13 2:15 AM
Great game!!! It felt very different of the usual ERS games. I found it to be much better

Loved the icy, snowy graphics, the atmosphere and music/sounds. Great story with the people/ghosts having to figure out that they are actually dead, and that avalanche! I loved the first cutscene, it promised a lot of good and I was not disappointed.

Gameplay was very good, loved clicking on all kinds of stuff and seeing it move in the scenery like trees and stuff and also using the butane torch many times. Great HO scenes ( I never played the Match3 games) and very fun and doable puzzles/minigames !

Now playing the Bonus chapter and it's awesome seeing the town as it was before, and the ''shadows'' of people moving around.

Really excellent game, one of the best by ERS

Oh yes, I played the first Phantasmat a looong time ago and really loved that one - I see many similarities like the ghost town, with people who don't know they are dead, changing scenery from new to old, and the HO/Match 3 gameplay.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 28, 13 9:15 AM
we very much enjoyed playing this game, it had a good story plot, and kept you on the edge of your seat. 4 out of 5 stars. it is a good game for ALL HOS game lovers ----doug & lisa.

Go to: