shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

Re:Reviews for Weird Park: Scary Tales

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 29, 12 11:48 PM
I just finished this satisfying game. A lot of game packed into a very neat package. Great variety of places to visit with a just right sprinkling of HOS. The puzzles were also varied and interesting, some harder than others. Just right. The graphics are very good and that little imp is still a great pain in the....... you know.
Don't pass this one up!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jan 3, 13 12:44 PM
Fun! I love the the bright graphics and the attention to detail. Great little bits like when Louis praises Mr Dudley for saving him he swirls his foot around in the dirt in an awshucks moment. lol. Great little game. The opening car scene was really well done. I liked it more than Broken Tune.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jan 4, 13 11:39 PM
Just finished and loved it! Really long game! More, please!

CelticCoco

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Jan 6, 13 1:05 PM
I was put off at first by the large number of HOS (to my taste) because I prefer puzzle solving but I'm glad I didn't walk away from it. It has really grabbed me as I've gotten further into the game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 28, 13 9:03 PM
excellent game, good value for money

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Mar 16, 13 12:36 AM
Love this game especially being a standard, worth while purchase..... I would recommend this.........

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 5, 13 3:45 PM
This game is a continuation of Broken Tune with a new main character, who - a twist that has never been done before, I'm sure - crashes his car and stumbles into the story while trying to get help. It does not continue from the bonus content of BT btw, so this makes said bonus chapter even more a chutzpah.

Back to Scary Tales: Said tales are fairy tales, in which the dolls you have met before are trapped. And of course Louis the Clown and the Joker (no longer the Norse God Loki apparently) are at large. You are supposed to rescue the dolls out of the parallel dimension.

The Good:

+ graphics look much better due to filling the screen
+ videos in the gameplay well done (the few there are)
+ great game length (about 7-8 hours for me)
+ fairy tales were a nice touch
+ helpful hint system
+ diverse mini games...

The Neutral:

o ...some of them recycled from Broken Tune (the kind, not the solution)
o previously found items are placed back into repeated HO scenes

The Bad:

- still lots of senseless to-and-froing (a "Scene complete" would have helped)

Bottom Line: This one is much better than its predecessor. Lame beginning, but the compact locations really help. However, if you play like me, you will much likely use the hint function a lot to check where the next step takes place.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jul 28, 14 7:13 AM
This game was tons more fun than the first. I enjoyed the storyline much better, the graphics and voices were amazing, the HOS weren't difficult. This is a 5 out of 5 for me!

hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Aug 26, 14 6:52 PM
Just finished this game for the third or fourth time. I still love it and still need the hints button. This game is so long and varied I sometimes forgot which game I was playing because I got so wrapped up in the different themes. There is something for everyone here, hogs and mini puzzles galore. This is a definite 5 star well worth the price.

Go to: