Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 20, 12 6:17 PM
For the hidden object scene in the music room, to get the starfish, click on the top right of the starfish. It took me a bit, I used a hint so I knew that was what I needed. I just started madly clicking and got it.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 6:25:44 PM PST

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Dec 20, 12 6:55 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I am in the Curio shop. Can't pick up the coin in a HOS. I did try to close the game and came back, but still can't take it.

Someone a idea?

I had problems trying to pick up items in numerous places. Example: I know what a horseshoe, coin, flute, shoe, etc are but had to click on them repeatedly before I could pick them up. After clicking on the item 25-30 times, gave up, used a hint, and yes, it was the exact item I was trying to pick up, but still had to continue to click on it before I could pick it up. Also had lag time and the game was sluggish in places. The cursor seemed to have a mind of its own & just had to wait it out. I'm not a fan of large cursors, they are not accurate IMO, are clumsy, and could be the reason for not being able to pick up the items needed for inventory. I loved the game & enjoyed it very much, but I think it took me an extra 2-3 hours to finish it because of these problems.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling the game help fix these problems or does the game need to be updated to fix these problems? I won't send this game to the external hard drive until I find out for sure what to do.

eta: clarification

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 7:03:09 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 21, 12 7:38 AM
Hi Butterflyshrimp,

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

So you you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Also, the following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Fins crossed this is sorted out for you soon!

bfgBaikal

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 21, 12 3:55 PM
Same problem as Bizolith. Hint button has quit working and full moon token is not there. Have clicked all over the area where it's supposed to be and no response. If I may have picked it up earlier and forgotten, it's not in my inventory either. Had a problem with an item earlier in the game and uninstall/reinstall fixed it. Will try that.

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Screen size

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Dec 22, 12 8:09 AM
Marle1959 wrote:
MaryEl wrote:Some of the words and items in the HO scenes are too far off the side of my screen and I cannot either read or click on them. Is there a fix for this like maybe having to change my resolution?

I have this problem too. I got a 23 inch monitor. But still cannot pick up things who are at the side of my screen. I hope there is a fix!

My game played the same on my 19 inch screen. I changed screen resolution to 1280x800 and it works fine now.
Hope this helps

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 22, 12 7:03 PM
Sorry to say this is a no for me..Sluggish curser and screen change, really wanted to get this because of the sale but saw there was no updates
Dowloaded trial when it first came out and the sluggishness got me to uninstall it and wait for updates since several other people are having the same problem...Downloaded again today to finish up last half of trial and same problem..
to bad some of the developers don't seem to be interested enough to follow up with problems posted here in Tech Prob.Forum..

morwennaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by morwennaf on Dec 23, 12 8:40 AM
So I haven't gone through all of the posts yet, but here is what I've experienced:

Downloaded game, had a little bit of a lag, but not too bad when I played the demo. Purchased and installed the full version and played it well until I got to the part where you put the portrait pieces together in the upstairs hall... then it started glitching a little bit, slowing down quite a bit, etc. Finally it just stopped working all together and I had to hard reboot my computer.

After I reopened the game it said my "profile had been corrupted" and I would have to start over. Not a huge deal, but a little irritating... played back to the part where I had gotten stuck and it was still working okay, so I thought everything was fine... and then my hint stopped working all together.

Much like kimbalion3, I was at the point where I needed the full moon to finish the mini game in the guardian's bedroom and hopefully obtain the eclipse necklace... and the hint has stopped working so I have no idea where I should go AND now my inventory is COMPLETELY EMPTY.

I can try rebooting my computer again, but I was able to exit the game without issue, I just cannot play it any further. Very frustrated because I was thoroughly enjoying the game but now I am just irritated with the issues. Please please please create a fix for this so I can play it to the end and find out who is behind everything. Thanks!!!

Chevygal53
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Chevygal53 on Dec 23, 12 11:19 AM
I downloaded the trial to my flash drive (as I have done many times) and the GM closed and I got the error that Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close. I ran CCleaner, rebooted and downloaded again to C/Program Files. The GM closed again and I got the Microsoft error again. Earlier in the week, I ran a game with Direct X and the message said I was up to date. This is a older XP and I rarely have a problem, but I have never had this error before.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 23, 12 12:18 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with some info that I hope will help!

morwennaf ~ I'm sorry you ran into the problem with that hint button too! We are still collecting information about that particular issue, so please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team. This will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from and even how it might be fixed.

Chevygal53 ~ along with making sure DirectX is current, it may also help to check for updates to your video card and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here. If you try that and things are still not working correctly, it's definitely best to work with a Tech Support representative directly.

You can contact Tech Support by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Hint Not Working/Missing Full Moon

[Post New]by MaryAnneLaRoque on Dec 24, 12 12:04 PM
Bizolith wrote:Partway through the game, just as I was looking for the full moon token, the Hint button stopped working. I clicked and clicked...nothing. Also, when I returned to the library per the walkthrough, the full moon is no longer there. It's nowhere to be found.

Same problem here. This is not a problem on our end, we can't all have computer issues. There is something wrong with this game, and it is very frustrating!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 24, 12 1:50 PM
MaryAnneLaRoque wrote:
Bizolith wrote:Partway through the game, just as I was looking for the full moon token, the Hint button stopped working. I clicked and clicked...nothing. Also, when I returned to the library per the walkthrough, the full moon is no longer there. It's nowhere to be found.

Same problem here. This is not a problem on our end, we can't all have computer issues. There is something wrong with this game, and it is very frustrating!

Count me in too as one having the same exact problems with the full moon token and hint button not working. This was such a great game! It is so sad that I can't continue.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 24, 12 3:20 PM
Okay. I created a new profile and started over and got through and was able to pick up the full moon token in the library with no problem.

So... anybody experiencing this problem, I would suggest starting over. I know it sucks to start over so late in the game, but you can get back to your place pretty quickly. It took me a little less than an hour an a half. When I stepped into the library for the first time under this new profile, the first thing I did was take that token and it was right there and available. As soon I finish catching up, I can return to my normal leisurely pace and enjoy the last chapters.

My hypothesis is that this is a small glitch in a game that is very non-linear. I absolutely love this aspect of the game. You have a very wide area to play with and can do different tasks in almost any order you feel like. Unfortunately, I think there was a small programming error and the game did not take into account that I would have missed the hotspot in the library for so long and progressed too far in other areas. When I finally realized I had missed something, the library I walked into no longer had the hotspot available. It would be nice if it got fixed, but the game is not unplayable. It just means you might need to start over if you get stuck in that place. Hope this helps anyone else who might run into this problem. Happy gaming

[Post New]by cordeliawainscot on Dec 27, 12 12:14 AM
The full moon / no hints problem - me too.

I've reported it, and gone through the usual uninstal/reinstall, send a Dr. Felix, check drivers updated.......etc. No joy.
The latest instruction was to delete all the Appdata for the game which (unsurprisingly) set me right back to the beginning, with no profiles.
This is, in effect, the same as Bartsister suggested, but the BFG adviser didn't warn me that I'd have to start all over again, whereas what I want (obviously) is to pick up where I left off.
I did actually save the appdata elsewhere, as I did rather suspect the advice, so I can get back to where I was. I was hoping that I could be told (for example) how to modify the Appdata rather than lose it completely.
I really don't want to start all over again; I've got several other games to play, so I'd rather do that and wait for a proper solution to the full moon / hint problem. As has been said, we can't ALL have problems with our PCs; it must be some kind of glitch in the game itself, so it's not unreasonable to ask for a fix.

It's a very enjoyable game, in my opinion, so I'm happy to wait for a bit, in hope.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Dec 28, 12 1:59 PM
the game will not open for me. it opened once.closed suddenly & now won't open.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 29, 12 6:57 PM
Same as jensmith says, only it happened after I had been playing for several hours. Never saw anything like it. Two small screens flashing on and off on top of the big screen. Also, I had to restart my computer twice so far, as the game froze up on me. I was enjoying this game, but now I will wait to see if there is anything that can harm my computer. So disappointed!

feenix2011

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 29, 12 7:01 PM
Sorry, I misspelled gensmith. My apologies.

feenix2011

[Post New]by sandradolores on Dec 29, 12 9:21 PM
bfgBiwa

Sorry I posted in two places. I'm rather new at this. I reinstall and know what to do if this does not work.

Thank you,

Sandra

bigmac611
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bigmac611 on Dec 31, 12 6:19 PM
Hint button quits working and don't know where to go next. Restarted game again with different name and hint button quit working again. I play all games on advanced. And I play a lot. Waste of game. Thanks Dave

[Post New]by suecook43 on Dec 31, 12 8:17 PM
Cannot use the hammer in the side of the door of the altar room. Scene switches between guardian room and altar room. Cannot go any farther in the game. Frustrating!

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jan 3, 13 8:47 PM
Bartsister wrote:
MaryAnneLaRoque wrote:

Count me in too as one having the same exact problems with the full moon token and hint button not working. This was such a great game! It is so sad that I can't continue.

I too had the same problem. FRUSTRATING As someone suggested, I deleted the game and reinstalled, went back to see if the moon was there and it wasn't. I then started under a new name and played according to the walkthrough and found the moon exactly where I had been looking before I had to start over again. I finally finished the game.
This game is really a great game but the glitches need to be fixed. This is not an individual problem but a game problem and I suspect many have just given up and deleted what I consider a great game. Too bad for the developers at BTG but a fix is in dire need!

Go to: