Re:Reviews for Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose

[Post New]by dl45nicholes on Feb 3, 13 6:15 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Excellent graphics and challenging hidden objects at times. It kept my interest. I am not so much into the hoping from one place to another all the time, it can get confusing. But, all in all, a great game and story.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Feb 8, 13 11:29 AM
It seems that there are a lot of problems with this game. Some people have missing inventory items and some have speed problems.

I am supposed to be getting a Full Moon symbol from a book in the library and the book isn't available. Also my Hint button is not working. There are many others out there with the same problem. Very dissappointing.

There have been three instances where I have had to go to Options and turn off my Full Screen mode in order to find certain items during the HOS.

My computer is up to date, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I have contacted Customer Support and hope to get some help. Have a feeling that I would have in uninstall/reinstall (but according to some, this isn't helping either). I am well over halfway done with this game and have no interest in reinstalling so that I can go thru everything again only to end up "missing" the chance to get an inventory item.

Would not recommend this game until they get the bugs worked out.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 7, 13 1:56 AM
Ivonova wrote:One word...boring.

Ditto.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Apr 9, 13 12:33 PM
Just finished the game and I loved it..There were so many twist and turns to the game. Did not like the girls voice but overall the game was great.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 18, 14 10:27 PM
I found the game visually stunning. But sadly the constant running around made it very tedious and irritating, I often wonder why game developers do that. It only detracts from the game. Had I read these reviews first I would not have purchased due to that alone.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 28, 14 3:47 AM
This game was better than I expected it to be. A very nice story and VO were very well done. A lot of locations to explore so it was nice that the map was a jump map.

Just 1 small point - this game played wider than my monitor. So I never saw the full moon in the library and after awhile I think it becomes too late to go back to get it. (My hint button stopped working and I could no longer zoom in to the correct spot to get the full moon) So I had to restart game with a different profile. At least I liked the game enough to want to redo it and finish it to the end.

[Post New]by Waxing_Gibbous on Mar 31, 14 6:44 PM
I am very disappointed in this game. From looking at the reviews, it looks like I am in the minority. It has a very strange story line. It seems like it was written in another language and poorly translated. The names of objects in hidden object scenes are often odd. A big problem for me is that the game is ONLY widescreen. On my regular width screen, many items fall outside of the viewable area. It remains playable in a (small) window, but I find that unsatisfactory. I should have tried this before purchasing. The issues I find troubling were apparent in the first few minutes. I'm deleting this game from my computer after forcing myself through 30 minutes of it. To various degrees, I've enjoyed the majority of the dozens of games purchased from BigFish. Not this one.

Go to: